Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Multivitamins Do You Take Per Day?

My doctor says I should take two per day. It's rather interesting. Just curious to see what everybody takes.

I actually take a liquid Multivitamin and a liquid Vit D supplement. I just do one dose daily, in the mornings mixed with Acai juice. I'm only 3 weeks post-op so I'm still not on solids, but I've never had much luck taking Vitamin pills, always make me nauseated.

one

My Dr. says two per day

I take two MVI, calcium citrate, vit d, b1, and B12. And a Prilosec. This is what my doc has suggested. Overkill?

None. I'm shocking. I hate taking pills. I know I need to. There's no adult chewables on the market here, so I've been meaning to order bariatric ones on line for absolutely ages and I just don't get around to it.

There's no amount of "multvitamins", in general. Just take one dose, as directed, of the multivitamin you bought. If you take too much, it could cause problems. Be careful and follow the directions on the bottle!!

I take one chewable MV and one chewable Calcium daily. My doctor suggested Flintstones chewable vitamins, I get them in Walmart but I buy the Walmart brand "equate".

Hi everyone! I'm on day three post op. Each day is better and better. I currently have a liquid multivitamin. I accidently picked up a chewable (not gummy) Flinstones multivitamin. Will this be okay eventually?

My nutritionist instructed me to take 2-3 calcium chews at night. I started last night and those were a treat! That was the first solid 'food' I'd had in a week.

I would really appreciate feedback about the multivitamin. Thanks!

Band patients have to take a multivitamin with Iron and Calcium with Vitamin D. Vitamin B12 is not required unless you need it. I was told by my nutricionist to take my Vitamins this way for better absorption.

Breakfasts: one chewable multivitamin with iron

Lunch: chewable calcium, chewable vitamin D

Dinner: chewable multivitamin with iron

snack / Night: chewable calcium, chewable vitamin D

Sometimes I don't have all this meals in order so what I do I take one multivitamin when I wake up and the calcium with vitamin D four hours later. I always leave four hours in between each dose for better absorption. They don't have to be taken with food. I set my phone alarms for every four hours so I don't skip a dose. If you take your multivitamin with the calcium supplement all at once, your body can only absorb certain amount the rest gets expulse from your body as waste.

Hi everyone! I'm on day three post op. Each day is better and better. I currently have a liquid multivitamin. I accidently picked up a chewable (not gummy) Flinstones multivitamin. Will this be okay eventually?

My nutritionist instructed me to take 2-3 calcium chews at night. I started last night and those were a treat! That was the first solid 'food' I'd had in a week.

I would really appreciate feedback about the multivitamin. Thanks!

I Chew one mv in the am along with 2 Gummy fibers then spac out 3 chewable Calcium througout the day (get them at costco. Remember you can't chew the mv and calcium at the same time, space those out. Also the amount of calcium you need depend on you age, check with your Dr. On that

Band patients have to take what their individual doctors tell them to take. It is not a one-size fits all. In general we do not need the prescription level doses of the other WLS procedures due to the fact that we do not have the malabsorption issues.

I am anemic, Vitamin D and B12 deficient. The amounts I am told to take will be different from others on the board.

My primary care doctor checks my vitamin levels annually and adjusts my supplements accordingly.

Band patients have to take a multivitamin with Iron and Calcium with vitamin D. Vitamin B12 is not required unless you need it. I was told by my nutricionist to take my Vitamins this way for better absorption.

Breakfasts: one chewable multivitamin with iron

Lunch: chewable calcium, chewable vitamin D

Dinner: chewable multivitamin with iron

snack / Night: chewable calcium, chewable vitamin D

Sometimes I don't have all this meals in order so what I do I take one multivitamin when I wake up and the calcium with vitamin D four hours later. I always leave four hours in between each dose for better absorption. They don't have to be taken with food. I set my phone alarms for every four hours so I don't skip a dose. If you take your multivitamin with the calcium supplement all at once, your body can only absorb certain amount the rest gets expulse from your body as waste.

I Chew one mv in the am along with 2 Gummy fibers then spac out 3 chewable Calcium througout the day (get them at costco. Remember you can't chew the mv and calcium at the same time, space those out. Also the amount of calcium you need depend on you age, check with your Dr. On that"

Thanks, Terri. So is your MVI a gummy one or is it the chalk consistency?

My dr. told me to take Centrum silver 1 per day and 1000mg of calicum citrate per day.. I've had to cut back on the calicum citrate because my labs show my calicum levels are a bit high, so I'm down to 750 mg per day..