Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hit A Plateau, Constipated, Don't Know What To Do.

OK, so first the basics.

1) My band is 7cc out of 10cc. I feel restriction with fries, breads, fiberous veggies, etc, but I could benefit from another fill

2) My husband lost his job in January, and with that lost our health insurance. We don't have the spare funds to pay for a fill out of pocket.

At this point, I've lost the majority of weight from the fills and staying away from hard to eat foods like fries and breads. I still ate bad occasionally, but for the most part it was portioned.

My daily intake goes like this:

BREAKFAST

Protein Shake

13g Protein 150 calories

coffee with Splenda and portioned cup of Creamer

30 calories

LUNCH

Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones

14 to 26g protein 230 to 300 calories

SNACK (If I'm hungry)

Pre-packaged Apple Slices

30 calories

OR

94% Fat free popcorn 1 cup

15 calories

OR

Japanese Nori slices

10 calories

OR

Snackwell's Peanut Butter Bars (I only eat these when I'm REALLY hungry, and I don't eat them too often)

8g protein 140 calories

DINNER

Pre Portioned skillet meals

15-25g protein 300-400 calories

DESSERT (If I'm hungry...rare)

Less than a tbsp of low fat peanut butter

3.5g protein 95 calories

OR

a Skinny Cow icecream

3-4g protien 100-140 calories

My daily intake is about 1000-1200 calories.

On the weekends I usually eat what I like, but I try to be concious of what I intake. For example, if I eat out and I want a burger, I'll have my bun scooped out, and instead of fries, I'll get a side of veggies.

I DO NOT eat fast food on the weekends, and still watch calorie intake, stay away from icecreams, shakes, etc. I have an extremely busy work schedule trying to make the extra income we desperately need so that's why we eat a lot of frozen foods. I drink a lot of Water to offset the salt intake (I actually don't drink anything besides water, except my Protein Shakes of course, not even on the weekends!). I also exercise 3 times a week (though I wish I had time to do more), for about 45 minutes or so, burning around 450 calories per session. I bike, which I know is not the most intense workout, but at 255, my doctor told me to help protect my knees to stick to biking or swimming. With no pool nearby, I chose the bike. Maybe I might be able to switch to another machine, but unfortunately I don't have the luxury of seeing a doctor right now.

After speaking to my nutritionist (the only tool I have available to me because I prepaid for her services), she told me she had no advice to give me! She said she's used to castigating people for their bad eating habbits, but that I wasn't doing anything wrong! I don't know if I should cut out my lax eating on the weekend (though I hope I don't have to! :(), but this is just crazy! I'm 226lbs and the math should be behind me in loosing this weight!

Another one of my issues is in the bathroom...Sometimes I don't get the urge for 2 or 3 days. I HATE greek yogurt, which is why I have the shakes for Breakfast, so yogurt is a no-go for me. I'm also taking Calcium supplements which my doctor suggested I take which I have heard can make you constipated.

What I'm hoping is that anyone reading this can give me advice to boost my weight loss again (food changes, supplements, exercise regime change) and anything I can take or eat to help me be more regular.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Hi Veronica...my name is Joanie and I know Constipation :wacko: Yup!!! My dr and pharmacist recommended Mirilax (or store brand) I put a capful in my hot tea every morning and ...No Problems in the bathroom! My daughter puts it in her coffee, and we both will tell you we can't taste it at all. It does not work like exlax, so you don't have to be afraid to take it before work. My drs have told me that it is perfectly safe to use everyday. Try it! ( I have also recently added a probiotic to my Vitamin regimen to help with digestion)

Keep eating good, and keep up the exercise and start going to the bathroom ;) and the weight will come off. You're doing great!

My nephew had his lapband prot removed due to an infection and has yet to have a fill and has lost over 100 lbs in a yr with just exercise and weighing and measuring everything he eats. So son't worry about feeling like you need a fill, you have some restriction.

Let us know how things turn out...Good luck!!

Thanks so much Joanie! I'll try out Mirilax!! Hopefully it'll do the trick :)

Unfortunately I don't have the time to prepare or money to buy fresher foods :(

Whenever I mentioned frozen foods, my dietitian always told me to drink a lot of Water, so my assumption was that the water helped with the sodium intake.

Taking water intake aside, I have never gone over my daily sodium intake. I know because I add everything that I eat into myfitnesspal app, including things that have no calories (like the splenda I add in my coffee for example).