Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im new here- heres Czech Republic, Europe:-)

:kiss Dear Efica, I'm glad to hear from someone in the Czech Republic, My grandmother was born in Karvina, It used to be called Star Mesto Frestat. I was banded in November last year. I have missed eating like I used to but thats the whole reason I needed the band. My family celebrates everything with food!! Some day I hope to visit there. I may still have family there. I'm sure I would not be able to know for sure at this point. My grandmothers name was Carolina Franek, She married Frank Grabiec and they had 9 children together. The first one was born there and the last 8 ware born in America. My dad said to me when I was a child, Yechi kohom, Dem ne bushi!! I'm sure I spelled that totally wrong, but I love to hear him say it! I hope to encourage you in this process of getting the band, I really does help. I wanted to feel better and be more healthy. and of course I wanted to look better. I think you will enjoy talking with people here, I know I have, and It has helped me a lot! Best Wishes!! From Victoriana

Hi Victoriana,

actually I come from Ostrava and its not that far from Karvina:-) I think Stare Mesto Frestat is a part of Karvina:-) Yep tell me about celebrating everything with food:-) Thats true and I guess it just so typical for Czechs:-) we just love to eat.Your grandma has pretty czech name, your grandfather had someone polish in his relatives because his surname sounds a bit polish.but it might be in a long past, also Karvina is close to poland so some people talk with mixture of czech, polish,slovak and german (german because this part of Czech was occupied by Germans in world war II.).

Before visiting this forum I was still puzzled about the lap band,but now I just feel so positive about it and I cant wait to get my band.-) its mainly because of the nice people here. Thank you for your support and best wishes to you too:-) Eva

Hi pink Mary :-)

actually I cant wait to get my lap band. Do you have Lap Band or the band from Johnson and Johnson?

>> my band is the French Band by Helioscopie

Where from Greece are you? I am going to Vrasna, Chalkidiki, its near Thessaloniki but you probably know that:-) I just love Greece, the sea the nature and of course the food:-)

>>> and i love Czech Republic :) im from Athens, Chalkidiki is great place!

I am going at the end of May to June 10th do you think its gonna be hot enough there?

>>> not so hot that you wont stand it! will be arround 27-32 c

you re coming the best time of year! not so hot neither cold.

I can see that u had almost the same starting weight as I have and seeing your great results just gives me so much hope :-)

>>> 34 kgr in 7 months! not bad huh? :) :mad:

i have long time to update my ticker :mad: you will be also in goal

at no time!

wow I really cant wait to get my band:-)

Have a great day and love to hearing from you soon.

>>> me too hon i wish you would come a little closer :)

but Chalkidiki is far away from Athens.

Good Luck on your upcoming journey! everythin will be fine!

Hi PinkMary,

wow thats great 37kgs thats awesome,congratulations!!

27-32 degrees is just perfect, we were in Vrasna before but at the end of August and it was OK as well:-)

I know Athens are like 12 hours by bud from Vrasna:-) Hey if you like Czech Republic and you ever come here just let me know, I live in Prague.

On Monday I have a meeting with a psychologist,here you have to undergo this, cause they want to know if you arent bulimic or anorectic.And on 23rd Im seeing my doctor, hopefully we will schedule the operation date.Cant wait to get the band:-))

Have a wonderful evening:-) Eva

Hello:-) Matula and Kalina is pretty common here in Czech I have never heard Sabrsula maybe ur faimly changed the spelling.:)

That is SO cool!!! People have told me that Matula and Kalina are common, but now I have someone from Czech actually saying it!!!

Best of luck to ya!

Howdy. I don't know why your band would cause a problem on the plane. The only problems I can think of is getting something you can eat on your meal tray. You may want to bring your own food. Some airlines will allow you to reqeust a special diet. I would bring my own food as a backup. It would be awful if they served a hunk of meat and bread. I don't know about you, but I can't eat either! :) Your English is so good!

Hello everybody:

HeatherGurl:Ahoj Heather :-) yep its really common, I remember when I was in the US and I met people who had someone Czech in their family. It was so nice, because I was far from my family, but actually close to others due the fact that we have something in common.oh I spoke today to my obesitologist about the surgery.I was asking if they sew the bottom part of stomach to the upper part to prevent slippage and she told me that the main surgeon Dr.Fried (Czech) was the one who invented this style and he tought it in America.Isnt that cool? So now Im totally positive that I am in the right hands:-)

How is it going with ur band?

Have a great day! :cheer2:

fiveholts714: thank you for your answer and your compliment on my English. I thought that there might be problem with food:-) I guess that Im gonna be on some mushy stuff when I fly to Greece, but its not that long flight(2-3hrs). I was just afraid from taking off and landing, I wasnt sure if the band could slip or something else:-)

Great to hear that there are no complications with that. Congratulations on losing 20pounds! Thats amazing you have been banden only for not even am onth and you already lost that much! Great job! :clap2:

I am heading to Czech Republic for the band on 3.31.08 at CLinic Iscare lighthouse in Holesovice - anyone know about it? i will fly home about 12 days later - any advice?