Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im new here- heres Czech Republic, Europe:-)

Hi everybody,

I find this forum soooo helpful. I am now deciding about the lap band. I am from Czech in Europe and here they use Johnson and Johnson bands. Are these good or should I ask specifically for Lap Band?

What kind of checks did you have to go through before surgery? I have to see a psychologist, diet nurse, surgeon, someone to do stomach sonograph and the gastroscopy (tube to my stomach) (sorry for my Engllish but I dont know all of the medical names :) ).

Now I am on a diet about 1200 calories and I am losing some weight, here you have to prove to them that you will be able to change your eating habbits.

The insurance pays it all if you are BMI over 40 or 35 with complications. The doctors are very experienced and at this private clinic they specialize on the laparoscopic lap band surgery.

3/23/06 I have scheduled a meeting and hopefully we will schedule the operation date.

I have a question the op. will be probably in April at the end of the May Im going on vacation to Greece, but by plane. Do you think that there might be some problem with the band due to the plane?

Thank you for your answers and I am very happy that I found this forum.

Good luck to everybody!!:clap2:

Welcome to LBT Eficka! Your list of pre-op appointments sounds similar to ours. I'm glad your insurance is paying!!

I don't have any insight into the plane question, but I'm sure someone on here will.

Keep us updated, good luck, and welcome! :)

Girls thank you so much for support. Here in Czech its different, people are hiding things like Lap bands, they dont talk about it. Having e.g. plastic surgery it is very abnormal and others look at u like u r a psycho. It is getting better but still people r ashamed talking about stuff like this. Many people r even ashamed to go to psychologist or psychiatrist, just because they r scared what would others think. Isnt that terrible? Thats probably why we have only ONE forum about Lap Band and there arent many posts.

Yep almost everybody here in Czech is dealing with some kind of overweight, our traditional cuisine is very fat and almost only meet and dumplings. But more and more young people r eating healthier. Since I was little we were eating pretty healthy but I have a sweet tooth and I can eat any amount of gummi bears or chocolate :-) But now my habbits r better since I need to prove that I can lose some wight by maself in order to get the surgery done :-)

I cant wait to lose some weight and go see my classmates, hi hi hi. Im imagining how they wont recognize me:-) Although I know that obesity is a great health risk, for me now its more a looks problem. I dont have any health problems, my joints r ok, everything is just fine Im just depressed from my look. Dont want to be super slim, but at least normal size 10-12 would be perfect :-)

What was your motivator?

Thank you for your kind welcome:-)

Have a great day.

Eva

I was motivated by health, mostly, though looks of course played a part. :) I have bad knees, so getting weight off will help me walk better. (I dream of running some day!) I also have high blood pressure & high cholesterol... I'm hoping losing weight will help with both of those. And I want to get pregnant, and losing weight helps with that too, or so my doctor tells me, hehe.

All health issues aside, I want to feel GOOD about myself for a change! :)

halo!nazdar! a vítat Eva

I love the city of Prauge. Can't wait to visit there again. It is the home of my DIL. I have flown serveral times since being banded, and have not had any problems. Just be sure to have enough Water to drink, and depending on how far out from surgery you are, take things with you that you know you can eat without any problems.

Good luck with your surgery...

Ahoj

Wow, it's interesting to see that the requirements for the BMI for you are the same as they are here.

I wish you luck with your surgery.

Ahoj Bell:-)

yep Prague is beautiful. great to hear that plane doesnt move the band. Well I will be hopefuly month after surgery:-) The only thing I am afraid of is that I have high CRP and erythrocyte sedimentation rate. It might keep me from getting the surgery, cause they want u to have healthy blood.The problem is theta I have high eryth.sedimentation rate and CRP for over two years. i even went to imunology and they didnt find anything. Im healthy thats what the doctor said.I want my LapBand asap:-)

Cashley: I guess that the requirement are the same everywhere or at least should be, because these llimits were set by the world obesitology commitee or how r they named:-)

JanetC:I totally agree I want to feel good about myself as well. I bet that we can do it!! :-)

Eficka~

Welcome!!!

My family on both sides are originally from Czech!! It is so awesome to meet you.

I want to travel there one day!

The Czech heritage does seem to have larger people. My family is overweight all over. All of that great food and pastries!

Welcome Again!

Hi Heather,

thats so cool. I know that there is huge comunity of Czechs in Texas u even have a city called Prague and there r some Czech schools. Yep u r right there r many obese people, mainly in the older generation.on the other hand there r lots of skinny (some of them anorectic girls).I would say that its getting better.I would say that we have a lot of chubby people but not many very very obese.

Do you speak any Czech? Yep Czech svickova and knedliky is the best, dont even talk about the fruit dumplings:-)

Anyway if u ever come to Czech give me a notice and I would be glad to take you to some sights in Prague:-)

Hey we r the same age:-)))

Hi Heather,

thats so cool. I know that there is huge comunity of Czechs in Texas u even have a city called Prague and there r some Czech schools. Yep u r right there r many obese people, mainly in the older generation.on the other hand there r lots of skinny (some of them anorectic girls).I would say that its getting better.I would say that we have a lot of chubby people but not many very very obese.

Do you speak any Czech? Yep Czech svickova and knedliky is the best, dont even talk about the fruit dumplings:-)

Anyway if u ever come to Czech give me a notice and I would be glad to take you to some sights in Prague:-)

Hey we r the same age:-)))

No I don't speck Czech... my grandparents do. I would love to learn. Supposedly our family names are pretty common there??? Have you ever heard of Matula or Kalina, Sabrsula? Just curious???

Good luck to you!!!!

No I don't speck Czech... my grandparents do. I would love to learn. Supposedly our family names are pretty common there??? Have you ever heard of Matula or Kalina, Sabrsula? Just curious???

Good luck to you!!!!

Hello:-) Matula and Kalina is pretty common here in Czech I have never heard Sabrsula maybe ur faimly changed the spelling.:)

Hello Eficka! welcome to this beautiful place!

i wish you good luck for your upcoming surgery! 100% its worth it!

guess what.. im also a Bandster.. guess from which country..

Greece :Banane40: :waytogo:

you wont have any problem with airplane :)

our goverment insurance paying also the procedure over here. :)

Hi pink Mary :-)

actually I cant wait to get my lap band. Do you have Lap Band or the band from Johnson and Johnson?

Where from Greece are you? I am going to Vrasna, Chalkidiki, its near Thessaloniki but you probably know that:-) I just love Greece, the sea the nature and of course the food:-)

I am going at the end of May to June 10th do you think its gonna be hot enough there?

I can see that u had almost the same starting weight as I have and seeing your great results just gives me so much hope :-)

wow I really cant wait to get my band:-)

Have a great day and love to hearing from you soon.