Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery 4 years ago in October and so far I have lost 112 lbs, in April I had my 4th fill so I now have 7cc in my band.

However since the fill I have had broken nights sleep waking coughing and being sick, also my eating has been sporadic, being able to manage a small fishcake, glass of wine, humus and dips, but then some days I can manage food other days don't even want to risk a drink.

I find I can't drink before being awake at least 2 hours otherwise I am sick.

My band isn't made easy by the fact I had mouth cancer 2 years ago and have a plate in my mouth filling a large hole so excess saliva can sometimes be an issue.

I have today been up since 6.10am (UK time) and its now 13.25 and all I have had was half a cup of coffee which came back up.

Its getting me down a bit now so would appricate your thoughts????

Sounds like you may need a slight unfill. Suggest you see your surgeon because you can't continue as you are. Take care.

Have them check it under xray. You may have a slip or may have streteched your pouch which can tilt your band and cause problems. That's what happened to me, and it made me have really bad acid reflux and I was spitting up whenever I lie down, even Water that I would drink to take my night time medication would come up! They took all the Fluid out of my band to see if my pouch and band would go back into proper position. Seems to be working as I now have some restriction again just with the band and no Fluid. They will check when I go back in a couple of weeks and if everything is where it should be, I can get fills again.

Go see your doc ASAP!

I'm thinking you need a little Fluid taken out! What you are describing happened to me when I had too much fluid

It does sound like you are too tight! A slight unfill, with surgeon using barium and floroscope, will be best. good luck. Surgeon will, also, be able to tell if you have a slip in the same way. Best wishes, Karen

Sounds like your last fill was too much. Have a slight unfill. When you are close to optimal restriction, a fill as small as .25cc can make a big difference.

I had my surgery 2 1/2 yrs ago and for the last 4 mths, I've had severe reflux. That's the only symptom I had. Nothing else changed, not vomiting, nothing. I went to the docs last week and they xray'ed me. My band "flattened" - it slipped. I could keep down food and drink. I just had really bad reflux at night - keeping me up coughing and spitting up stomach acid. They took out 1/2 of my 10cc fill and will see me in another week to rexamine and possibly refill.

I would got to the docs before it gets worse. If it's a slip, it won't get better on it's own. I was so sure I didn't have a slip because I could still eat and drink.

Good luck!

Marci