Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Year Bandiversary-Formally Njgirl32

Hello Fellow Bandsters and Bandsters to be! I orginally signed up as NJGirl32 (last year) but I can't seem to find that profile info on this anymore!

I promised that after 1 year I would write a follow up so here I am! Last May 25th I have my Lap Band surgery. Right before surgery I weighed 248 and I am currently at 185. I lost most of my weight the first 6 months and then a few more very slowly after that that. I was one of the people who choose notto tell anyone other than my Hubby and 1 friend. I am glad I didn't share it with everyone because I am a private person, but that decision hasn't been easy-especially when eating out!

It's been a big learning experience - what I can and can not eat-what times I can eat- and living with a fickle band that feels tights some days and other days I think I should get a fill.

I am not perfect with the band-honestly I am not. I have no problem drinking with the band although beer, and selzer type drinks make lots of noise. Seems like a nice white wine goes down smooth. I also have no problem eating chocolates, ice cream etc. The band doesn't prevent you from eating junk food and if it's too tight you'll be going for the ice cream, chips, and candy because they tend to go down easier. Fill up on Proteins and eat sevral tiny Snacks throughout the day and don't forget to drink water! I don't exercise- I did when I first started out, but other than walking the dog-no exercise for me...should I? Yes! But it ain't gonna happen.

Recently the weather has gotten warm so I had to find something to wear-all my size 18s-22s no longer fit! Even some 16s don't fit! My tank tops don't fit! My bras don't fit! I just bought a bunch of size 14 capris and they fit -but I can see a size 12 is just around the corner!. I use to be a 2x top-now I am a large. I am almost 50 so I do have the sagging skin on the legs and arms- I can live with that because I look damn good! I remember goingto department stores and avoiding the mirrors. Now I love shopping and trying on new styles! I feel healthier and I have more energy. Last winter I bought jeggings and high boots-oh man I looked good-if I do say so myself!

If you have marriage problems before the surgery you'll have them after the surgery. I though my hubby wouldn't be able to keep his hands off me- I was wrong. I think it's more his problem since he is on meds for back pain and we have discussed his lack of libedo. So keep in mind the band won't solve all your problems and may bring on some new ones-but withthat being said I am very happy with my weight! I save dthe skirt I wore when I fist met my hubby 12 years ago- and it fits!! Of course my shape/age is different and it's too short for me-but hey it fits!!

Stick to it-it's worth it-you'll feel so much better-do it for yourself and no one else! You deserve to live a life where being fat isn't always the main issue. I wish you all the best! :P

Congratulations on your many successes!

Thanks for the update. Great job!