Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That's awesome bigenuff! You all are doing so great! I'm hoping and praying that I will do well also. My surgery is set for June 12th' date=' and I am super excited. My doctor wants me to wait a month after surgery before exercising, but I'll at least walk. I know that the band isn't a miracle tool that will do all the work for you. But knowing that this time the eating right and exercising will work, is all I can ask for. I'm more than willing to put in the work and effort, I just pray that I get the results that you all are getting. Keep up the great work you guys! You are all truly an inspiration![/quote']

I think u will do great there is a lot of support here and there is always someone ready to answer ur questions and push u to the next level .

Great job! Keep up the great work and I know you will reach your goal.

legnarevocrednu-

thanks so much for your update, gives me hope...I'm still anxiously awaiting approval! Could you be more specific about your eating habits? You said every 2 hours you eat and I saw the list of types of things you eat but if you have a chance could you maybe post an example of a day of your eating? I'm good with examples, lol...I'm doing a lot of planning and prepping so I will be as prepared as possible. Any & all advice is welcome and appreicated! Thank you! ;)

Great work.. sounds like we are about at the same place...time frame and weight loss.

Most folks think I'm crazy when I talk about 50 + grams of Protein a day..good to hear you are following the same plan. However I am nearly 62 years old and waiting on a new knee so my exercise is limited to walking the dogs. I have another 40 to lose to make the doc happy. Like you it would be nice to do it by the 1 year (11/30/11) mark, but if not...I will continue to live this new life and enjoy. Good Luck

legnarevocrednu-

thanks so much for your update, gives me hope...I'm still anxiously awaiting approval! Could you be more specific about your eating habits? You said every 2 hours you eat and I saw the list of types of things you eat but if you have a chance could you maybe post an example of a day of your eating? I'm good with examples, lol...I'm doing a lot of planning and prepping so I will be as prepared as possible. Any & all advice is welcome and appreicated! Thank you! ;)

Hi! I don't mind. I will be as detailed as possible. And keep in mind, this is a basic day. Often on weekends, it's a little different. Also, I don't cook, so these aren't the best options for most people, but it works for me!

8:30-Greek Yogurt (any flavor, any brand although I prefer Chobani of Fage).

9:30-Hot green tea

10:30-Snack (usually string cheese or something else that is 100 calories. I try to keep my Snacks 100 calories or less).

11:30-Glass of Water

12:30-Grilled chicken salad with coutons and fat free ranch dressing. This is less than 300 calories from Wawa.

1:30-Glass of Water

2:30-Snack (this really ranges from whatever is on sale at Acme at the time so it just depends. I would say aim for some fruit. Sometimes I'll have sugar free applesauce as well.)

3:30-Water

4:30-Special K Protein Bar (I usually like to eat one of these right before I go to the gym).

5:30-I'm usually at the gym at this time and am drinking water the whole time so I'm not really hungry.

7:00-Dinner. Usually grilled chicken breast. I put different things on top to make it interesting.

I have tried to cut out as many processed foods as possible. I rarely ever eat anything out of a box or can. I believe it has helped me. I'm usually well under 1200 calories for the day. I try to keep my meals less around 300 calories or less (breakfast is usually a lot less because I can't eat much in the morning anyway) and my Snacks around 100 calories or less. I also use myfitnesspal which has been a huge help. Good luck, and if you have any more questions, let me know! :)

Congrats!! You are doing great! Karen

Awesome! Keep up the great work

sounds great! What is your name on myfitnesspal I would love to see your diary. I'm struggling with foods. I'm 5 months out and only lost 35lbs. :(