Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks Alot World News Tonight! And That Is Sarcasm

World News Tonight is found a show on how horrible lap bands are and how many people have suffered. This comes three days after my proceedure and all my family feels compelled to tell me about it. I have heard it is about the smaller band used more often in the beginning. But either way I am not watching it. I did all my research, made my choice, and here I am. What the hell do they expect me to do, run out and have it removed! I wish I didn't have to tell anyone. However, to all of you who have told people, watch out tommorow. Everyone will have to tell you about this story! Thanks for letting me vent!

That sucks. I'm sorry that they aren't being more supportive for you. I think in there own weird way they think they are but maybe just let them know that you made an informed decision and now all you are asking for is there positive support, not horror stories. Good luck.

Thanks for the heads up!

HOLY COW! That is terrible.... not the part about the lap band being "bad", but the part where everyone you have told is feeling like pointing this out to you!! I am scheduled for surgery on May 25th and feel pretty much the same as you do. I think that the earlier bands had a lot of issues and I also think that some people don't follow the rules and end up gaining, not losing and/or hurting themselves with over-fills or by overeating, etc... We have all done a lot of homework on this thing and feel that it was the right choice for each of us. Try not to let them get to you!! You are just getting started..... you need support!! ;)

i think i saw a snippet of this on gma this morning...was it about a particular clinic in cali?

Maybe you could figure out a way to turn it on them and milk it for attention for awhile :)

I hope this link works

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/800-getthin-fire-lap-band-surgery-deaths/story?id=16324523#.T63CxOhul2A

I just watched the clip and it is all about 1-800 get thin. In fact in reading the article underneath it states

"Done right, the Lap-Band procedure is a safe technique."

I actually liked watching it. The doctors that run this clinic are playboys who have both lost their medical license, one has since gotten it back. I feel it really is just a warning to make sure you are dealing with a doctor/team that is concerned for your health, not just making the all mighty buck off of you!

I hope this link works

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/800-getthin-fire-lap-band-surgery-deaths/story?id=16324523#.T63CxOhul2A

I just watched the clip and it is all about 1-800 get thin. In fact in reading the article underneath it states

"Done right' date=' the Lap-Band procedure is a safe technique."

I actually liked watching it. The doctors that run this clinic are playboys who have both lost their medical license, one has since gotten it back. I feel it really is just a warning to make sure you are dealing with a doctor/team that is concerned for your health, not just making the all mighty buck off of you![/quote']

Thank you! Thank you!

I'm watching too... and as soon as they said the lap-band I said "oh god I don't want to hear anything bad" but they didn't they just said some bonehead doctors are idiots and care about the dollar over the patient.... but they did say that it is successfull if done right! :)

Hey girl - I agree with hummingbird, milk it for attention!! LOL

I'm sorry your family is being discouraingly-encouraging. Mine has the same problem. Hopefuly it will get better as they see it working for you.