Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

does it feel weird to be loosing weight?

its such a great but strange feeling to me to be constantly loosing weight. like i will step on the scale after a week of not weighing myself and when the number goes down im shocked! i dont know whyyyyy- i guess i am so used to being a dieting failure that i cant beleive im actually doing it.

i put on a jacket this moring that for the longest time i was neve able to even button and now its pretty baggy on me...buttoned and all...and im just still not used to it. i just cant beleive its true! haha i like it but im def not used to getting into a pair of pants that are kinda loose!

what are other peoples feelings?

I totally agree with you!

I forget to try stuff on b/c I keep thinking..."oh, that didn't fit this time last year"...then I try it on and it either fits or is already too big!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it, but it is going to be very hard to get used to!

Yeah for us!:clap2:

I HEAR YA!! I still am in awe when I go buy clothes & the size I'm used to buying to TOO BIG!! In the past 15 yrs. I've gotten used to trying on clothes & then going back to get the bigger size.

We are so used to failing at weight loss that when it actually starts to happen we can't believe it!!! I am still taken back when people tell me that I look so good. My first reaction is - "Are you talking to me?" I am not used to people telling me I look good. For so many years I haven't "looked good!"

It's a WEIRD, GREAT feeling & I'll just have to get used to it!! :)

It's definitely a new feeling!!! I'm buying size 18 pants now (down from 22) and smaller shirts. I bought a few shirts at Value Village the other night and my husband made a comment that they looked too big! Could have kissed him for it!

I'm at 200 now and can't wait to see the scale hit onederland in the next few days. It's great to know that the band is working for me!!!!!!

i do get that feeling and my breath catches. it is a feeling of fear. i guess it's whatever the weight was doing for me that feels weird to let go of. even though i haven't lost that much weight, recently guys that i have known for years on an acquaintance basis have been hitting on me. some of them don't even recognize me as the same person even tho i recognize them. i walked into a party and this guy that i have met at leat 5 times was like, 'oh my god, who are you? you're gorgeous!' i'm looking at him like he grew a second head. i mean, 'who am i?!' the same person you met 5 times before. not that i don't like the attention, but i guess i was used to being kind of invisible. and now i'm not

Oh my gosh, I know exactly how you feel. The feeling isn't as strong now as it was in the beginning but I do have my moments. Like the other day while I was shopping. I was looking for some jeans, picked up a pair of size 16's, looked at them and said "these are not going to fit me." Well, guess what? They did fit and I bought them!! It's so strange looking at at clothing that you used to wear and what you wear now. I absolutely love it though.

Best of luck to everyone for successful weight loss!! :)

Great thread- The last 2 days have been hard for me b/c I am feeling pretty hungry. These are the threads that really help as I'm waiting for that first fill.

I've been stuck for a long time and I really really miss that feeling. Here's to getting it back!

Well, let me tell you not as weird as it will feel when you are so close to goal. I weighed myself this morning and I weigh 140, wow.... 3 lbs from goal....put on my nice jeans and get all the way to work and they are falling off me, another wow... went to run and errand and getting out of my car and my cell phone rings, ring,ring I look at the caller Id, yuck it is my SIL (never know what kind of a mood she's in) I answer, "Damn girl, your looking kind of anorexic, you look so damn skinny." She kind of caught me off guard, she said I just drove by your work and saw you getting out of your car, man you look really good, you look so skinny. She made my day, yep it is definitely weird, this weight losing thing... and the SIL being in a good mood......Hooray, for weird.

I was trying to explain this feeling to my little sister. (I have 2 100 lb sisters) I have a hard time explaining how thin I feel (still have 40 to go) Don't think she understands someone my size saying they feel skinny. Hope you all can understand. Trish

I'm right there with you...I'll be folding laundry and come across a pair of pants and be like "Who the heck do these pants belong to?! Oh yeah...there mine...opps" When I go shopping, I go right to the womans department. For some reason I can't rember that I'm not a plus size anymore. No, I'm not complaining, but after a lifetime of being overweight, being a "regular" size is kind of shocking.

I know what you mean. I look in the mirror, and I hardly recognize myself. I actually got into the habbit of only looking at my reflection out of necessity, but now, I look, and I am still surprised at myself. I go through this weird feeling of happiness and then a little paranoia (sp?). I keep thinking that I'm gonna wake up and be my old self again. It's funny because I have all of this skinny clothes in my closet, but I still continue to wear the same old sweat pants and loose shirts from my pre-banding days. I'm still getting used to my new size. People keep calling me the "incredible shrinking woman" :)

What a great thread! Thank you so much for starting it....

Living in Florida I am in shorts and bathing suits a great deal. The bathing suits are starting to bag out! My pants are just starting to fit. I was wearing my clothes so tight at the end because I refused to go up ONE MORE SIZE EVER AGAIN!