Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Never been on this site before but it seems like a great place to ask this question. I have been banded for 4 months (12/20) like many others

My weight loss has been rapid (65 lbs lost so far) I noticed I was losing more hair then normal almost 3 months ago. I am getting over the grams of needed Protein daily, I take all Vitamins daily plus Biotin and zinc that my doctor told me to take. The lose hasn't slowed down much and my hair is def thinner I have even resorted to buying a special expensive hair Shampoo for thinning hair. Is this happening with anyone else and will it stop soon???

yes - it is happening to me too. I was banded in sept 2011 and it seemed mine started about the 4-5 month mark...it seemed to get better, but then I had to have a revision surgery in march and now I'm back to losing it again. it is frustrating becuase I've always had a ton of hair and now not so much! i've lost 57lbs, so I'm hoping when the wl settles down a bit the hair will come back.

yes - it is happening to me too. I was banded in sept 2011 and it seemed mine started about the 4-5 month mark...it seemed to get better' date=' but then I had to have a revision surgery in march and now I'm back to losing it again. it is frustrating becuase I've always had a ton of hair and now not so much! i've lost 57lbs, so I'm hoping when the wl settles down a bit the hair will come back.[/quote']

Is it noticeable to other people or just you? I'm afraid of being bald lol. I mean it's been 3 months I just Want it to slow down some.

Mine did it too but it has since stopped. It was really worrying me but now it is just as thick as ever. my doctor assured me it would level out and that I wouldnt go bald. He was right. My hair looks great now to go along my good looking new body!

How long did it take yours to stop? I'm trying not to panic but it's hard!!

How long did it take yours to stop? I'm trying not to panic but it's hard!!

It was about a month. I am not hairy by nature but one day in the shower, there was hair on my legs! And I haven't had hair on my legs in many years.

Plus my hair has the curl now it had when I was a young girl. It's crazy.

How much Biotin are you taking. I use 5,000 mg. I know if comes in 1,000. I would take a higher dose for now. My Hair loss has gone back to normal levels not sure if the Biotin is the cause but I'm not going to stop taking it to find out.

From what my NP tells me, your body will take as much of it as it needs and then wastes the rest. (Tinkle time!)

I'm on 1,000. She said I could take the 5,000 but wasn't sure if that would make any difference. I think I'm good with the 1,000. Plus I do a B12 which also pumps in some benefits too.

Another trick is that I changed from my Suave Shampoo to a better quality (Aveda) which has cosmetically pumped up my hair too. I use the thickening shampoo, conditioner and styling. I like it.

I am really worried about this.. I have long hair and its not super thick but definitely not thin. But looks like it thins in the front due to graying. I get my hair colored every 4 weeks since the gray is so bad. I am a bit of a furry girl. :) I shave my legs every 2-3 days. So here is my question since I am not yet banded (getting done 5/18). Do you think it would help if I started the Biotin before my surgery? Just wondering if anyone does that? Thanks ladies.

As I always say, I am not a medical professional. But you could call your MD and see if it's OK to add.

I hesitate to add anything to my Vitamin regimen without checking first because of the almost deadly combo I had when I was put on 5000 mg of D3 with an out of whack thyroid. I got a panicky call from her office to stop taking it immediately once she got a consult from an endocrinologist. But that's another story for another day...

good advise. I will ask my doctor on Friday. I have a pre surgery consult that day! Thanks for the tips and I hope everyone is "hairy" soon!

Never been on this site before but it seems like a great place to ask this question. I have been banded for 4 months (12/20) like many others

My weight loss has been rapid (65 lbs lost so far) I noticed I was losing more hair then normal almost 3 months ago. I am getting over the grams of needed Protein daily' date=' I take all Vitamins daily plus Biotin and zinc that my doctor told me to take. The lose hasn't slowed down much and my hair is def thinner I have even resorted to buying a special expensive hair Shampoo for thinning hair. Is this happening with anyone else and will it stop soon???[/quote']

Buy Vitamin E liquid tablets break them open and put them on your scalp for a few minutes then wash it out.

fnicole, please tell me how vit e liquid tablets put on your scalp helps with thinning hair? my thin hair has actually gotten thicker since i was banded, i think its all the healthy Protein im eating, but i'm interested in your idea ! Advice please !!!