Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't Get Slim Fast Down?

Hiya Im in Ireland so its 11am here. I had a fill yesterday taking me up to 5cc, i had a coffee yesterday, a cuppa Soup last night and a low cal hot chocolate- all fine!

I had black coffee first thing this morning, no problem. Im trying to sip a slim fast now but Im getting loads of saliva in my mouth, i believe it's called sliming ugh! :)

Does this sound normal? Id hate to get an unfill because I've never had restriction of any description until now it seems!

Any opinions very much appreciate

I would suggest calling your doctor. My doctor has told me that after a fill, if I am not able to keep liquids down I need to give the office a call. I hope this helps.

Pixie - I've had a fill like that. I could drink Clear Liquids in the morning, but nothing cloudy like a Protein Drink. I think (hope) you will find as the day goes on you're getting slightly looser. Also, since you've only had coffee, remember the caffeine can dehydrate you so I would follow that with a glass of Water. To be honest, with that fill I had to get some removed but that was just me. You may be able to adjust to this level of tightness; every fill comes with some adjustments I find!

Thanks for the replies, really appreciate them :)

Yeah as the day has gone on I've managed a few glasses of Water and a cup of Soup.

I think the real test will be when i go back on normal food. It's funny how one fill can make such a difference. I had thought my first one was brilliant but it only lasted about a week so I'll wait and see. Thanks :)

Hot things are easy. It goes through easy because the heat loosen the band. Slim fast is thick. I have had fat free ice cream not go down before as crazy as that sounds. I find I can not eat before 11 am the band is tighter. I had massive weight lose until i got to 8cc's everyone is different. My weight lose slowed down at 8cc's so I got another fill and went to 8.5. After that everything got stuck and i Slimmed so much I could not take it I tried for 6 weeks then had the .5 removed. the puking was not good and I lived in fear of slipping. I figured out the weight lose slowed down not because of how many cc's I had but it was because I got lazy and was not as strick on myself.

I think you should call your doctor. If you are just getting started and already can't drink things, I think you will be miserable. Talk to your doctor. Also, does your doctor know you are drinking Slim Fast? Mine said it's not a good choice because it has too much sugar. Try to stay at 5g or less of sugar or 5g or less of Protein. It will help you form new habits. :) Hope all goes well for you!

HI FROM THE STATES CONGRADES ON SURGERY MY DAUGHTER HAS JUST DONE HERS ON THE 19 AND I GO IN THE 26TH

THERES GONNA BE ALOT OF US PRETTY WOMAN OUT THERE

AS FOR YOUR QUESTION THEY DONT LET YOU HAVE SLIM FAST HERE BECAUSE IT HAS MILK IN IT AND MILK IS TO CREAMY IT COMES BACK UP THEY WANT YOU TO TAKE AS MUCH Protein Shakes WITH Water NO MILK MAYBE THATS YOUR ISSUE

Actually, yes as Anita mentioned, I often have issues with milk and yogurt earlier in the day. So, you may want to find another Protein drink to try.

Oh wow i never heard of that before, i thought it was grand because it was a third of my daily nutrients etc and Im told to get Calcium at each meal. So weird how different surgeons etc have such different opinions.

Congratulations to you all on the band too and thanks for all the input.

It's the am here and just having a black coffee, wow even that's filling me up :) this fill may just have been the one!

Thanks I've looked for chewable but can't find any that are not childrens :( Im in Ireland. I had my fill on Friday and still on liquids and totally satisfied but would be it bad, dangerous for me to take my normal multivit? It's quite big!

I can't swallow that big pill anymore. I take Gummy multis and chocolate Calcium. The Vit D pills are really small. Maybe you could try cutting your pill in half?

I'm right there with you PixiePower. I had a fill 3 days ago, I'm now at 7cc in my 11cc band. The first day I was only able to get clear liquids through, now I'm able to have a protien shake or a thinned down yogurt. I did try to eat a tuna melt on toasted oatmeal bread.. I took a tiny bite, chewed chewed and chewed.. first couple bites were ok, but that's it. Started to get stuck, so I stopped. Took a long walk and it eventually went through.. I'm going to stay on mushies for a few more days.

This is the first time I've really felt this much restriction.. I would say after a few days if you're still having problems getting down thicker drinks like slimfast, you may want a tiny unfil.

Keep us posted.. a few days have gone by now, is it getting better? or is it still tight? I'm curious if mine will losen up. I've read a lot on here that it may be tight for the first week, but then losens up over time.

Hiya :) ok so my fill was a week ago tomorrow and Im still on liquids, i did have some tuna the other day and it was ok, felt very full after a small can but didn't get stuck or feel uncomfortable but Im just so satisfied with liquids- maybe that's just lazy I'll try eat more real foods from now on. I did try a biscuit last night -not a good choice i know!- and i got terribly stuck and sore. My band hates biscuits Im delighted!!

I don't feel too tight but i suppose i won't really know until Im eating properly.

I can't BELIEVE how little i care about food now, never think about it. I used to hear of these people who'd say they just forget to eat and thought that'd neeeever be me! Long may it last!

Sorry for the jumbled up message Im mad busy in work but will update again when i have something proper to eat later!x

Yeah for eating very little and caring very little about food. We all need to learn to eat to live, not live to eat! Karen