Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh I **think** I'm down approximately 34.6 lbs (9.6 since surgery) since starting at the bariatric clinic. I can't wait to go in on Tuesday and see the difference between their scale and mine so I can make a note in sharpie on my scale ;)

Great job!!!!!! I would love to read your blog.... I wish I could schedule myself better and really start one... I am just not that talented at mulitasking and between this, sparkpeople, and Facebook I am a mess! LOl... Please send me a pm with the info :) Your doing great girl!

Do any of you ladies have blogs? I have thought about starting one I just don't know if I would be as inspiring and creative as some of the ones I read. I also barely have time for the forums much less a blog. I would like to though.

I tried to start one but have no followers. I think I will continue to write and hopefully find followers. I have never blogged before and figured I must not have been doing ur right.

I follow some bandsters (pre- and post-op) on Tumblr. Not really a blog dedicated 100% to WLS' date=' but they share their stories. Also, a few of us do video blogs/journals on YouTube. I'm listed as purtyfulpnay on YouTube.[/quote']

I love tumblr! I like berryhealthy.. It's more of a fitness inspiration tumblr. I will check out your YouTube videos. I give you credit for putting yourself out there and sharing your story.

I tried to start one but have no followers. I think I will continue to write and hopefully find followers. I have never blogged before and figured I must not have been doing ur right.

What is the link for your blog? Would love to read it. :)

Message me a link to your blog and I'll follow you!

Good morning May friends!!

I had first post-op with my NP yesterday. I'm doing really well. I'm down a total of 35.5 since my pre-op (10.5 since surgery). She said I am really doing well. I see my surgeon in 5 weeks. My NP will either do my first fill then or if I feel like I need one at 4 weeks, she will do one then. She also said that she will be super aggresive with my fills over the next 90 days to get me in my "green zone" during my global surgery time which is the 90 days after my surgery which is included in my surgery fees, thus the aggressiveness in getting me to my green zone as soon as possible.

So now I'm in my mushie stage. Ate some refried Beans for lunch with some reduced fat sour cream, reduced fat cream cheese and 2% milk shredded cheese, then I was allowed some low sodium V-8 juice, but then after that I did not feel like much eating at all. Fudgesicle was it. Sigh. Gotta get used to all this, make a schedule of what I need to eat all day otherwise I'm afraid I'm not going to get in all I need to get in all my food.

How's everyone else??????????????????????

Also, I need to start walking!!!!

I had first post-op with my NP yesterday. I'm doing really well. I'm down a total of 35.5 since my pre-op (10.5 since surgery). She said I am really doing well. I see my surgeon in 5 weeks. My NP will either do my first fill then or if I feel like I need one at 4 weeks, she will do one then. She also said that she will be super aggresive with my fills over the next 90 days to get me in my "green zone" during my global surgery time which is the 90 days after my surgery which is included in my surgery fees, thus the aggressiveness in getting me to my green zone as soon as possible.

So now I'm in my mushie stage. Ate some refried Beans for lunch with some reduced fat sour cream, reduced fat cream cheese and 2% milk shredded cheese, then I was allowed some low sodium V-8 juice, but then after that I did not feel like much eating at all. Fudgesicle was it. Sigh. Gotta get used to all this, make a schedule of what I need to eat all day otherwise I'm afraid I'm not going to get in all I need to get in all my food.

Also, I need to start walking!!!!

CONGRATS you are doing great!

CONGRATS you are doing great!

Thanks! You are as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had first post-op with my NP yesterday. I'm doing really well. I'm down a total of 35.5 since my pre-op (10.5 since surgery). She said I am really doing well. I see my surgeon in 5 weeks. My NP will either do my first fill then or if I feel like I need one at 4 weeks' date=' she will do one then. She also said that she will be super aggresive with my fills over the next 90 days to get me in my "green zone" during my global surgery time which is the 90 days after my surgery which is included in my surgery fees, thus the aggressiveness in getting me to my green zone as soon as possible.

Also, I need to start walking!!!![/quote']

Great job on the weight loss! And ya knw I had forgotten all about the 1st 90 days being included thanks for the reminder! Lol..I wonder how much fills are and are they covered by insurance? Guess I need to check with my surgeon's office. Congrats again!

Great job on the weight loss! And ya knw I had forgotten all about the 1st 90 days being included thanks for the reminder! Lol..I wonder how much fills are and are they covered by insurance? Guess I need to check with my surgeon's office. Congrats again!

The fills are ~$600 (maybe more or less, depending on your doctor). And whether or not insurance covers it all depends on how the doctor files the claim with insurance. Some insurances will cover it, some wont. So some doctors will have to file the claim not as a fill, but as something different to be covered, and at most, you might have to pay co-pay.

The fills are ~600 (maybe more or less' date=' depending on your doctor). And whether or not insurance covers it all depends on how the doctor files the claim with insurance. Some insurances will cover it, some wont. So some doctors will have to file the claim not as a fill, but as something different to be covered, and at most, you might have to pay co-pay.[/quote']

Wheww...that's expensive! From an old email I thk I'll jus have to pay my Co pay.

Hello may bandsters!! I go in for my first fill today! Wish me luck! I'm kinda nervous :/ but excited and thankful too. I have not felt much restriction the past week and have been eating way too big of portions so I'm hoping this will help me get back on track. Since my surgery on may 4th I'm down 12 pounds currently, this past week I gained about 1.5. The only thing I'm not happy with right now is my port seems to stick out, does anyone else have this?? It seems obvious to me and I wasn't expecting it to stick out at all :/ I'm hoping it will go down over time.

Eager to talk with my dr today and make sure I'm on track. My other problem is figuring out what to eat besides chicken and tuna :/ I don't cook very well so figuring out what to eat has been a struggle :/ hope everyone is doing good! :)

Hi

I hope all went well with your first fill. Mine will be the 18th of June. I was banded the 16th of May and I too can see the port and I can also feel the band and I hope it goes down as well. They say it depends on how big you are in the stomach area. Does that mean eventually everyone will see it as they lose weight? Just thinking out loud..lol..

I hope the fill gives you some type of restriction as that seems to be a key issue with most people getting a fill. On the cost of them...here in WA State I am paying 375.00 with fleuroscopy and if I need an adjustment on it withing 10 days..150.00 or 175.00 can't remember precisely. Guess that isn't too bad as I see it being done so much more expensively. It's only a hypo with saline..some offices don't do fleuro they just blind stick so I don't understand why they charge as they do...supply and demand and that is horrible..so I hope my 9.5 band is filled well and quickly as that is costly. Good luck to you ..let us all know how it went...we ALL want to know..but each of us is different and some will feel resticted where someone else needs more or less to feel that green zone...

What is this green Zone I hear people talking about ?

It's sad to say but jus a wk after my first appt I can already tell I need a fill! I guess even.more of the swelling has gone down and feels like I can eat more than I've been able to! Oh well I jus gotta stock it out til July 5th...as long as I don't gain I'll b happy til then.

What is this green Zone I hear people talking about ?

From what I've read, the Green Zone is that perfect amount of fill for each person. You have just enough fill in your band, where you have the right amount of restriction (for you) to where you're not eating too much (at once or too frequently), or too little (can't eat at all or enough; get in your daily calories/protein), and are still able to lose weight. It's a guessing game for each person. Sometimes you need more, sometimes you'll need less, and it will have to be adjusted later down the road for more weight loss.