Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats The Workout To Loose Weight Faster?

Cardio coach is AWESOME. So is My Treadmill Trainer, same thing, different trainer. Google them. If you think you cant motivate yourself to get through a 40 minute workout, the time will fly by. And it makes you work hard, not waste your time at really low intensity.

My Treadmill Trainer has hill walking workouts for the treadmill also. All the way up to 16% incline, its a killer, and my treadie only goes up to 12%. I'm going to use that whilst I recover from my Tummy Tuck - not doing anything just yet - to get in a good cardio workout without the pounding of running, which I'm not allowed to do for six weeks.

Treadmill Trainer...I'll look into it. But right now I'm set on completing the Couch to 5K. My goal is to be able to get out and run a few miles wherever I'm at, and whenever I want. At home, on vacation, etc.

Thanks!

well im trying to figure this out myself because i was doing cardio but after seeing some of these before and after pics, seems as if some of them are working their stomachs out but i was advised not to do any exercise for my stomach due to the injectable port and possibly moving. my dr told me that theres not much i can do for my stomach but idk if thats true cuz some of these ppl look good with GREAT stomachs unless im missing something.

I specifically asked my surgeon about abdominal exercises. He said there was no exercise I could do that would risk my port. Just another difference between surgeons I guess.

How well any specific part of your body recovers is very individualized. But you can't get a flat belly doing ab exercises... You can strengthen and tone the muscles, but it's cardio that is going to burn the fat off that's covering those muscles. And unfortunately there's no "spot" burning. Only your body decides where the burnt fat stores come from. Since we tend to store a lot of fat in the abdominal region, its typically the last to go. Kinda like our fat stores are a melting chunk of ice - the ice is just thicker to start in the ab region so it takes so much longer.

I'm gonna download one of the apps to my ipod this weekend. Wish me luck!!!

What a great post! Lots of information packed inside it.. Thanks for posting and replying to it. :)

Cardio burns cals and thus fat. I try to mix up my workouts. I live in the country and have a nice circuit that I can walk 3-3.5 miles. I also do lap swimming and Water aerobics; which are GREAT for heavier people because it's easy on the joints. Highly recommend water proof MP3 player makes time go by much faster. Elliptical machines are also good for people with joint issues.

I also hate to run/jog. Have never been able to run even as a kid. Only time you are likely to see me running is away from a dinosaur.

I've heard Interval Training is the best for burning fat. I haven't personally tried it, but a lot of people swear by it.

If you're doing 30 minutes of cardio, why not go up to 45 minutes? Or break that 30 minutes up.. 10 on treadmill, 10 elliptical, 10 exercise bike? Make it fun and sign up for dance class, swimming, kickboxing, tennis lessons, etc. You've got to trick your body by using different muscles, switching it up and going higher intensity.

Cardio burns cals and thus fat. I try to mix up my workouts. I live in the country and have a nice circuit that I can walk 3-3.5 miles. I also do lap swimming and Water aerobics; which are GREAT for heavier people because it's easy on the joints. Highly recommend Water proof MP3 player makes time go by much faster. Elliptical machines are also good for people with joint issues.

I also hate to run/jog. Have never been able to run even as a kid. Only time you are likely to see me running is away from a dinosaur.

Honk... Which waterproof MP3 player are you using? I am swimming laps and could use some tunes. I searched on Amazon and was surprised of the selection. Reviews were mediocre at best on most of them. I don't want to spend a ton... since money it tight right now.

I bought the speedo version. They use to have a 1 megabyte and 2 megabyte version. Personally I would go with the 1 megabyte it takes me a week or more before my music repeats. I would google to see if you can find a discount coupon that you can use on the speedo website. See which is cheaper speedo directly or Amazon. If the headset goes you can buy aftermarket waterproof headphones. I have no connection with speedo for amazon.

I bought the speedo version. They use to have a 1 megabyte and 2 megabyte version. Personally I would go with the 1 megabyte it takes me a week or more before my music repeats. I would google to see if you can find a discount coupon that you can use on the speedo website. See which is cheaper speedo directly or Amazon. If the headset goes you can buy aftermarket waterproof headphones. I have no connection with speedo for amazon.

I really think you have to exercise accordingly to your weight and health. At my weight you are not going to find me running laps around the corner or jogging up the block. I also have servere arthritis and one hip replaced so I am a tad bit limited. However, this does not mean I can't physically move around. I can walk back in forth in a swimming pool, float and paddle my legs on a board, mostly anything with Water aerobics. I can stretch with my neat stretch band. I also have a machine called the gazelle edge that I glide myself as if I am sking in air (no impact). Even when I clean house, mopping, scrubbing, laundry, I am moving around. Its a start.....

my peronsal trainer has me doing HIIT training. Ive tried TRX suspension training, P90X, strength training, pilates, yoga, modern dance ... none of that had nearly the amount of impact as just changing my diet and limiting my calories. The new diet in conjunction with pure cardio really helped me out. Im toning up and losing inches nicely.

Gonna sound stupid Jachut but how do you get your body to be ready to run. I can jog some and then walk and then jog some more but the problem is I do not know how to breath correctly. Can you recommend a book? Also is 170 lbs too fat to run or 51 years old too old

cheri

From my own experience, I think the best overall advice is to do something. Start small. Push yourself. Go a little bit farther every day -- that applies to running, lifting, cardio.

Just be aware that as you lose weight, you will burn fewer calories doing the same workout. Fortunately, as you build muscle your resting metabolic rate will be higher.

Varying exercise is important not just to keep your body on it's toes, but to keep you from getting bored. On the other hand, if you find something that works for you, just keep doing it! :)

Hi there,

Change your routine, do something different besides the tapes, your body gets used to something and needs a bit of change to get itself going again.

My gym PT always tells me.....CARDIO IS YOUR FRIEND.

Kep going, you can do it.

Yep I've had to really push the workouts in which I loathe and live at the same time. I needed to change my routine to feel some different body parts burn...a good sweat not a bad thing but a great accomplishment for someone who was 267. I'm down to 187, but at a weight plateau. Size is going down to 12...so I am accomplishing this exercising thing.

weight.png