Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All,

I thought I'd go ahead and start the May Bandsters group! I am PRAYING that I can get banded in May. I started the process with a seminar with my surgeon in December. I remember thinking when he said the process can take up to 6 months how crazy that would be, but here I am at 6 months! But honestly wouldn't have it any other way. The pre-op process has been longer than I anticipated but has actually strengthen my case for why I need the surgery. I was "officially" diagnosed with high blood pressure after years of Drs. skating around it but just suggesting I lose a little weight so I am on medication and its working wonderfully coupled with my CPAP mask (diagnosed with sleep Apnea during the process as well, which is what's been the major holdup in sign off)). My BP numbers are better than normal! All I have left is final sign off from my Pulmonologist since I needed to be on the CPAP for 6 weeks before he would OK me for surgery. That appt is next Friday, April 6th. Then a final meeting with my primary care on April 13th. Hoping she will get everything to the surgeon by the following week and then its off to insurance for approval. I really am just so excited to get the surgery and start my weight loss journey! My baby brother gets married June 2013 and I am sooooo looking forward to showing off the new me!

Welcome! I am scheduled for 5/22/12. The only thing that would delay it at this time is if I cannot save up the down payment (I am self pay). However, I am close to having it saved. I am also very excited about my surgery. I am addicted to this site. There is great information here. There are some negative people and some posts of failure, but the most is very positive and ecouraging. I would like to "friend" you so we can stay in touch before and after!

Also, there is a May Bansters group started. The forum has a group created for each month. From the main page, just scroll down through all of the topics. Once you get the the bandster groups by year, click on 2012, and you will find the May group. However, only 3 of us have posted! Either way, we are now connected in our journey!

Hi,

I am hoping to be a May bandster too. Im now in the process of waiting for my doc to send my stuff to the surgeon and then wait for insurance approval. I started this process in August of 2011 and it has taken me this long to get all the stuff done, mostly the medical diet. I just was not being committed to it, I think out of fear. I had done everything else. I also had not told my family so I was stalling a little, but now going forth full steam. I am 22 pounds down, hoping to lose 40 by the time I go into surgery. So I hope we can all stay connected. LETS GO MAY Bandsters!!

Hi, May 15th SD here. Good luck with getting your May surgery date :)

Hi everyone! I'm getting banded on May 3rd, and am very excited! I have something going on every weekend in April, so this next month is going to fly bye. I am the only person in my little group that has gone through with this, so I feel kinda lonely during the process, because I dont have anyone to help encourage me...but I love this site, I love how encouraging everyone is.