Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I am home from the hospital!

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all again for your words of support before I went into the hospital. There is no way I would have gone through with it if I didn't have your posts to think about on the way in to the prep room! I've had a pretty rough time with pain and gas. One of the worst things that happened was that when I did my barium swallow, the doctor thought he saw a LEAK in my stomach!!! I was devastated. I did the barium swallow again and he said I don't have a leak, it was just that the barium had disappeared into some stomach folds because my stomach has shrunk down alot and has some folds in it. When I did the second swallow, he said he could see everything clearly and it looks fine. But, of course, because I am paranoid, I keep thinking "what if he's wrong and I DO have a leak?" Did this happen to anyone else? Also, I have to give myself an INJECTION in my stomach every day for a month of a blood thinner! Does anyone else have to do this? I also have to take gall bladder preventative medicine. I don't remember seeing any of these things posted in people's experiences so if anyone out there experienced anything similar I would love to hear from you! Otherwise, I am sacked out on my recliner watching tv and dosing with tylenol/codiene every four hours, and chewing that Gas-X. I feel better today than I did yesterday, so I'm just hoping for a speedy recovery. Thanks again everyone!

Becky - So glad you are through it all and safely home!:biggrin1: Take it easy and heal back up now! I haven't had to any of the stuff you said, but there must be a reason your doctor feels that you should, so please listen to him. Good luck and keep us posted!

Welcome back!!

This is the first I've heard of injections and gallbladder medicine. Who's your doc?

Take it easy for the next 2 weeks, and soon you'll be feeling right as rain!!

Sunta! You have been on everyone's mind, can you tell! It's so good to see that youre home, you lived, and youre doing well enough to talk to us! I'm so proud of you for walking forward when the fear was telling you to run.

The gas and pain will ease up in a few days. Just take it very easy, get all the rest you need, walk when you can (the more you move around the more it will help move that gas go away), drink lots of Water so you don't dehydrate, be sure to get your Protein in and when you drink remember to sip slowly. There, that's the mom side of me taken care of.

I fully agree with Betty. Your surgeon is the best one to ask questions about why you need those injections and medications. I have read that it's not uncommon for diseased gallbladders to be removed during surgery. Perhaps he saw that yours doesn't need removing, just some preventative measures. Give him a call when you feel like it and ask all the questions you want. That's what you paid him for! Then let us know. I'm really curious about the injections.

Woot! I'm so happy for you! Welcome home, and welcome to Bandland girl!!!

Congratulations, Sunta! Every time we face our fears and go ahead anyway we get stronger, and that experience helps us face the next thing. You did a good thing!! Hope your recovery is quick and uneventful and that you're feeling better again soon.

Emily

Welcome to Bandland Sunta!!!! Everyday will get easier... sip those fluids and walk as much as you can!

My doctor didn't do a baruim swallow afterwards but I'm sure sorry you had to go through the stress of worrying about a leak... so glad everything turned out okay. :) I've heard of doctors using Lovenox injections after a gastric bypass as a preventative for clots... but again... that was not part of my post-op recovery.

Wishing you all the best... congratulations!

Welcome back, Sunta! I hope your doctor will set your mind at ease with everything you have to do. Rest up and heal quickly!

Congratulations and best wishes for a completely uneventful return to full health. :biggrin1:

Glad to see your doing well & are finally in "Bandland"!! Yes- I have heard of doctors subscribing gallbaldder meds.As to the injections thats a new one. Its best to stay has active as possible, the more you move the more the gasses will escape. Just walk, no lifting or strenuous activities. So gald your home & safe:0) Congrats

Hi,

I am SOO GLAD to see you!! I've been thinking about you a lot in the past couple days.

I too don't know about the blood thinner injections, they gave me a decent dose of Heparin before surgery that caused me to have problems with my period and nosebleeds.

I wish you the best and remember we are here!!

We had Heparin both before & after surgery (we stayed overnight)... 3 shots in all. They didn't make us do more at home, thank goodness! The needle was tiny, but I'm not into that!!

SOOOOOO glad you're home ok Sunta! Congrats on the banding & on not running screaming from the hospital! :couch2:

Hang in there with the gas pains. I know they say walking, but it doesn't seem to do a thing for me... but I keep trying! Gas-X & a heating pad do seem to work... and laying flat. Tea seems to help too, personally I think it's 'cuz it makes me belch, lol (strange, but true).

Each person is different, so keep trying until you find something that works for you! I've heard the pains can last up to 6 weeks, but man I hope not!! 10 days of pain & counting....

(( Hugs & welcome back!! ))

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Glad you are home and banded. Not sure about the shots and the gallbladder meds. I never had either one.

Sunta,

I've been thinking and praying for you and am pleased your home and doing well!! My doctor prescribed gallbladder medication for me, too. Your surgeon must be taking precaution against any blood clotting which is a good measure in my opinion!

Kelli

Thank you all very much. I'm having horrendous gas pain. My husband can hear my stomach from across the room! Is that normal? Sometimes some comes out, but not enough! Now it's starting to hurt in my lower abdomen too. Is this normal? I am still freaked out about the "possible leak" and keep thinking something is wrong. I guess I am just freaked out in general. I know on the second barium swallow they said all was fine, but I'm just nervous and hoping all this gas pain is normal. It's like, temendous bloating and rumbling and it's sooo loud. I've tried Gas-X and sitting in different positions, nothing seems to help. I just want to know it's normal to have this much gas. Thank you all again, you are all the best!!!