Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here going to Dr. Ray in Bloomington? I just started the process at his office. The staff has been very nice. I won't be able to attend the next support group since I'll be splashing around in my favorite place on the planet, Cocoa Beach :) :) :)

So I just wanted to see who all is out there and ask about your experiences. He said he's done over 500 patients so I'm sure someone is out there, right???

Look forward to meeting you all in May. I'll be at that support group meeting.

im just starting the process also with dr ray. i have my 1st appointment next monday . super excited and nervous :)

I just had my final review last Friday - they have scheduled me for Nov 27th - have you had your lapband done yet?

Dr. Ray and his staff did both my gallbladder removal and my band. You are in fantastic hands. There isn't a better medical staff, in my opinion

My general physician told me I shouldn't do it because I'm too young, so I stopped the process. She was also worried because I want to have kids and she thinks the lap band would interfere with it. I'm on a different weight management program and have lost a bit over 20 pounds so far. If my weight doesn't get under control after I have kids, I'll try to see if I can get it in the future! Good luck to those who have already gotten their bands!

I'm not a DR, but I think you should seek a 2nd opinion. Obesity makes it very hard to get pregnant, and can result in a high risk pregnancy. In fact, many lap band patients that aren't careful find themselves pregnant once the weight starts falling off quickly because their body is getting healthier. Also, recovering from a surgery with little ones at home wont be easy, the lifestyle changes were hard enough without kids. Once pregnant, your dr just empties the band to allow eating for 2. Also, as far as age goes, there are teenagers that get this procedure.

Some physisicians may not be up to date on how ammenable the band is to any stage of life-before kids, during pregnancy, and after. Mine knew nothing about the band.

If you are serious about considering it, just go to a consultation and ask questions. Like I said, I am not a dr, but the implication that the band interferes with pregnancy or that being young is a concern is blatantly inaccurate.

Good Luck