Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UGH! When will a half a cup be enough. I see everyone that is successful eating like birds and I'm just NOT there yet!! I'm on my 3rd fill and I am so ready to get this thing going!! SCREAMING!!

Half a cup will probably never be enough, that is a myth. Most bandsters do not eat like birds they just eat a lot less than before. It is physically impossible to get all the nutrition you need on 3 meals a day that are only 1/2 a cup in size.

DITTO ! I totally agree elcee. I know I eat more then 1/2 cup at a meal.

As far as reaching restriction, contact your Dr., and see if he'll put in a fill for you.

Also ask if he'll do it under fluoroscope. Then he can get you in a better range for restriction.

UGH! When will a half a cup be enough. I see everyone that is successful eating like birds and I'm just NOT there yet!! I'm on my 3rd fill and I am so ready to get this thing going!! SCREAMING!!

how long have you had your third fill?? is your appetite the same as it was before surgery?

I never ate ½ cup even in the beginning it was always at least 3/4 or a little bit more depending on what it is. But I did buy some bowls that were 3/4. I used them all the time. Hang in there it will get better.

Cheri

I don't know where this 1/2 cup myth comes from...that is way too little food for an adult to survive on! I eat about 1 to 1/2 cups of food at each meal and my weight loss has been just fine. Plus it's waaaay less than I used to eat, so how could I not lose weight?

Same for me...I've only had one fill since surgery though. How long has it been since surgery for you?

My dr. told me to eat between 1/4 a cup to 1 cup per meal since I don't have a fill yet.. I've seemed to be doing ok on 1/2 cup of food per meal.. The 1/2 cup is working for me without a fill in me.. I don't really get hungry and if I do, drinking something gets rid of it.. My dr. seems to be fine with the 1/2 cup per serving.. I have around 90 g of Protein per day and I think that's why I'm really not hungry between meals, plus I have something every 2 hours with the last meal at 6pm..

My doctor has NEVER told me to eat by cup volume. He said to weigh 3 oz of solid Protein and eat low call veggies until mostly full and then perhaps have fruit. The protein is close to 1/2 a cup by itself.

I use little 1 cup bowls for all my food and if I try to eat a full one I am miserably overfull. I think I eat 3/4 cup at a time or less. I eat any time I am hungry and I never eat anything diet, reduced fat or calories or any fake sugar or anything like that...these things made us fat and hungry.