Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Days Until Mushy Foods..help!!!

I start mushy food on Tuesday and I'm worried about coming up with ideas for meals. If you could please list any recipes I would greatly appreciate it.

Just started mushies. Scrambled eggs with cheese. tuna with a little mayo. An avocado with Tuscan house Italian dressing on it. Cottage cheese with peaches. Refried Beans with melted cheese and sour cream. pudding. That's all I've had so far. Better than Soup.< /p>

You can pretty much puree anything. It looks really bad, but taste is what counts! Tonight I had ham and mashed potatoes! I will try to have most of what my family is having. Just add a little broth to the meat and it will puree just fine!

Im sooo looking forward to mushies.....

SO far 11 days since banding and I

still can drink Water in gulps...

and Soups i can sip 6 oz and never feel

any fullness...I stop cuz I know I have to...is this norm,,?

Its been a long time since I had to eat mushies (2 1/2 yrs) but remember it like yesterday. I think I ate my weight in mashed potatoes. Even tho my doc told me to stay away from them. I ate alot of cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, and refried Beans. I loved my mushies cuz I was on liquids for 4 wks. As someone else said, u can make anything mushy. Im not much of a cook so I stuck with already prepared stuff.

Good luck and enjoy! That first bite will be heaven

Marci

Hi luvbug... Im in mushies myself and have gotten many good ideas from fellow bandsters... Such as:

Retried Beans, mashed sweet potatoes, ricotta cheese, cream of anything Soups, canned carrots(theyre super soft), oatmeal, pudding, yogurt, chicken/tuna/egg salad pureed in food processor, Greek frozen yogurt, and I'm still looking for new ideas! Hope this helps;)

any fullness...I stop cuz I know I have to...is this norm,,?

My surgeon put very little Fluid in my band at surgery to give my stomach time to heal and for me to sort of adjust. I didn't feel any restriction from my band until after my 3rd or 4th band fill. It will take a few tries for you to see how much Fluid is the perfect amount for you. I had surgery Oct 2011 and still am trying to find the right amount. Still feel like I need a little more in there but I had too much in once for 4 days and was miserable. I had to go back and have some removed and have since had a little more put back in. It really is trial and error and doing what you know you should be doing in the mean time. Good Luck!

I did Lima Beans. Also cooked chicken breast in crockpot until it fell apart and added broth. Yum. Good Protein and not bad tasting.

Try low fat laughing cow cheese instead of mayo for mixing with tuna or canned chicken. Also I put laughing cow on egg whites when I got to that point. Low/non fat cottage cheese and ricotta mixed with spaghetti sauce (smooth no meat added) is very nice. I don't really like cottage cheese but it sure tasted like heaven aftter 2 weeks of liquids.< /p>

I start mushies tomorrow. I went shopping today. I bought cottage cheese, hummus and salsa (those babies are going into the blender together), a sack of potatoes, a couple sweet potatoes (I'm going to try some mashed sweet potatoes), a bag of carrots (I'm going to steam them, puree them and add some agave to sweeten them), a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch (my list includes soggy dry cereal) and of course apple sauce. I can hardly wait for that first bite.

I start mushy food on Tuesday and I'm worried about coming up with ideas for meals. If you could please list any recipes I would greatly appreciate it.

Hey Luv bug

I found a recipe for a tuna pâté that I've been living on for the past couple of days.

2 cans tuna

1 c cottage cheese

3 tbsp lite mayo

2 tbsp lemon juice

1 tbsp sweet chili sauce

1 tsp garlic flakes

Optional: green onion

Place ingredients in blender. Blend till smooth, but not till it's too liquidy. Refrigerate for 3 hours.

I love it. It's the only way I'll eat cottage cheese. The ingredients sound gross, but come together wonderfully. I'm gonna make some more tonight with nf plain yogurt instead of the mayo. I've been eating it in 1/2 c portions and it satisfies.

any fullness...I stop cuz I know I have to...is this norm' date=',?[/quote']

I'm the same way. I started my "mushies" early bc of that. I guess things will change once we get our first fills.

any fullness...I stop cuz I know I have to...is this norm' date=',?[/quote']

This was normal for me to until I had my first full it takes more fills some people. Hang in there

Hey Luv bug

I found a recipe for a tuna pâté that I've been living on for the past couple of days.

2 cans tuna

1 c cottage cheese

3 tbsp lite mayo

2 tbsp lemon juice

1 tbsp sweet chili sauce

1 tsp garlic flakes

Optional: green onion

Place ingredients in blender. Blend till smooth, but not till it's too liquidy. Refrigerate for 3 hours.

I love it. It's the only way I'll eat cottage cheese. The ingredients sound gross, but come together wonderfully. I'm gonna make some more tonight with nf plain yogurt instead of the mayo. I've been eating it in 1/2 c portions and it satisfies.

this sounds great. ive written it all down for use later on when im done. has anyone done mushy food using chick peas as part of the Protein? im wondering how they would be if they were blended down pretty well first. any one tried them?/ i think i prefer them to tuna actually. i could use other fish though.

I start mushies tomorrow. I went shopping today. I bought cottage cheese, hummus and salsa (those babies are going into the blender together), a sack of potatoes, a couple sweet potatoes (I'm going to try some mashed sweet potatoes), a bag of carrots (I'm going to steam them, puree them and add some agave to sweeten them), a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch (my list includes soggy dry cereal) and of course apple sauce. I can hardly wait for that first bite.

this sounds really good and im going to write it down for myself. i make my own hommus. i buy tahini, which is pureed sesame seeds, blend it in with chick peas, garlic, a very small amount of apple cider vinegar, a squeeze of lemon juice and a little soy sauce. plus salt and pepper. you can put cayenne in it as well.

its a wonderful recipe and far better than the one you buy. you can add Water and make it as runny as you need it to be. i use it all the time, have used it for a dip with raw veges, and for other things as well.