Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Help With Mushies!

Hello all - I am on week three and just started mushies. Weight loss is at a stand still and I am very frustrated. Any suggestions? Many thanks!

Unfortunately, this is completely normal. Make sure to eat and get in your Water in. You aren't really supposed to worry about your weight until you are all healed up. The lucky people manage to maintain or lose a little weight between mushies and the first fill, but some do gain. Just don't stress out, make healthy choices, get in your Protein & water, rest up and heal. The weight loss generally takes time with the lapband, and there are pauses, plateaus and slow downs all along the way :) We just have to keep moving forward and looking at the overall picture.

I'm in the mushie stage myself.. I've been buy can stew, I will add veggies to it then mash it up ( Of course drain any excess liquid from it same with soup) I buy Soup with meat and veggies, no rice or Pasta drain and mush.. I 've gotten canned chicken chili.. I also buy roasted chicken from the store and cut up and make sure I chew well to desolve and add mushed veggies.. I eat fish, canned salmon, canned tuna, canned chicken ( not a huge fan of the canned chicken ).. I've been keeping it pretty blend, because thats how I like it, but you sure can add spice.. My nut told me to eat weight control oatmeal, but I find it increases my sugar, so I just scamble 1 egg every morning sometimes adding a veg to it.. hope this helps! good luck and let me know how you are doing, we can do it together...

hi my mushies were this,,,,,,,,,,,as follows......mashed potatoes ,,cream of wheat and this filled me............sugar free pudding.....jello...yogurt and proein shakes and lots of waterrrrrrrrrrrr good luck hope i helped out

I had baby food squash for lunch woot woot lol

I was told to eat cream of wheat, Jello, Protein Shakes, etc for 10 days after surgery, but for mushy stage to eat more normal foods that can be mushed to thick mashed potato stage.. No liquids so if you have Soup, stews, etc drian, but can add a little gravy to meat if need be.. I was not given a calorie count.. I have't had my first fill yet, so dr said to eat between 1/4 cup to 1 cup per meal... I find 1/2 cup seems to work for me right now.. Yes! I do get a little hungry, but I drink and that seems to help with the hungry..