Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Surgery In A Month..any Suggestions..?? A Little Nervous..

Oh My Thank you so much Guys!!! It is a wonderful ride and I am just excited for all us that have taken that plunge. If you haven't had surgery honestly it was the easiest surgery I have ever had. I wish I did it years ago. In the beginning in your mind there is alittle adjustments in your life, and that is where this site will help you. You no longer have that habit of reaching for food.< /p>

Stephanie, It has truly been an awsome ride. You will see, I did go to my meetings in the beginning, and I am getting ready to go back.

Ladybug, You will do fantastic and I tell you it falls off quickly. Don't buy new clothes for awhile because in a week they won't fit. I have been 170 this whole past year now, but I have started a new program to kick it back in gear. So I am pumped again. I lost 5 pounds this past week, gotten back on my shakes, just follow the program. My sister had lapband same time as me and never got a fill, nothing God Bless Her she just couldnt give up food.< /p>

Well you guys have a great weekend you might think I'm nuts but I have to get ready for a Protein Shake tasting party!! Chat with you soon! Stay Strong, Positive, and Excited!

I can't wait Sherry! In 2002 I lost 70 lbs and felt wonderful, I wanted to be able to get down on the floor with my twin grandbabies....I made it and I kept it off nearly 4 years, the longest I had ever kept weight off. Then a breakup and a couple medical issues kept me down for a while and in the meantime the 70 came back on with an extra 35 on top of that. For about 6 years now I've been totally disgusted with myself and in June when I learned out insurance was going to cover all but $1500 I made my mind up I was sick and tired of being overweight so I started the 6 month program that was required to have the surgery, my 6 mos was done just las Thursday so now I'm waiting for insurance approval with surgery Mar 21................soooo looking forward to this journey and being the woman I was intended to be!! I will friend you both so we can keep tabs on each other! Thanks for the great conversation today!! xo

Get your shopping done I bought gas x strips. Btl Water ,premier Protein Drinks 30 gram Protein at SAMs club only , special k protein mix. Greek yogurt/ cream Soups for later. broth, pop sickles auger free. I got my pain and nausea meds on way hm. I had hot pack and ice packs ready I used hp on left my port side laying on right side and ice prn on stomach Lots of pillows on bed to find comfortable place. Hope this helps. Good luck to all of you!

Wow, She nailed it Good Luck!

Oh my ladybug you brought tears to my eyes, I am so happy for you and your family. Definitely friend me, I wish I had signed up at this site two tears ago. It is just so wonderful to have people that know where I am and where I going in this new part of our lives. Do not be nervous though, it was one of my easier surguries. I saw people being concerned with gas, but it is really no more than what you get from Protein Shakes. I just kept the chawable gasx. well have a great Day!

Thank you guys so much...i'm very excited...and can't wait to actually be able to run again..w/out joint pain. I wish my surgery was tomorrow. When everyone says "follow your dr's orders"...what does that mean? sorry that may be a dumb question..but oh well.. :)

Kristih,

From what I have read on here it seems that doctors advice varies from none to quite extensive. If your doctor has not given you any information maybe he is just in it for the money and not to truly help people to get healthy.

Do you have a nutritionist on your team? If not ask if there is one nearby who has worked with wls patients. It will be very important for us to get our Protein in first as well as staying well hydrated.

I feel the program I am involved in is quite extensive and am confidant of the support they will offer post op and long term. I have been working with my team since August and have surgery scheduled for April 13th.

My current problem is that I am not sticking to my plan and need to get back on track.

thank you everyone for all the advice. I do have a great Dr...i'm getting my surgery done at True Results in Dallas...and they do have a whole team behind me..including a nutritionist. I just wanted to reach out to people who are in the same boat..or have been in the same boat as me. it's amazing...how much were all alike on here...! Such great people..!

Cowgirl, what did you do to have a port revision? How did you push yourself too hard?

Cowgirl' date=' what did you do to have a port revision? How did you push yourself too hard?[/quote']

Welp....im not sure what I did..I worked out everyday on the tred pushed it at a fast pace walk but nothing more I would do 60 min daily and could squeeze just over 4 miles in.

I go tomorrow for my check up after my revision surgery so im hoping this one is not MIA :)

My suggestion is wait at least 3 weeks after surgery to start working out. Just remember to follow the rules and you will rock your journey!

Cowgirl, I love to run...and usually work out 5 days a week. When do you think I should start running again..maybe 2 months to be safe? also..what about push ups, and sit ups...should I wait on that too?

Cowgirl' date=' I love to run...and usually work out 5 days a week. When do you think I should start running again..maybe 2 months to be safe? also..what about push ups, and sit ups...should I wait on that too?[/quote']

Just follow what you doc tells ya...I got the green light to work out at my 2 week visit. What happend to me could of just been a fluke thing.

I find out today at my check up if I can get back in the swing off things. You sound very motivated to get this party started. Just remember this tool is awesome but alot of this is mental. I lost 30 lbs before my first fill by just following the rules. Ease into your journey give your body sometime to adjust. I would not try to run until your doc tells ya

I was nervous as well, had never had surgery before. The surgery is very quick and you will be so grateful you did it! Good Luck!