Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My sex drive since the surgery has been thru the roof!

wub.png Im sure my hubby is enjoying it (sometimesunsure.png ) but seems to need a break (3 days)angry.png . I am feeling super sexyhappy.png even with just 20 some odd pounds gone. I kinda feel Im more into it than he is. Anyone else encounter this, or am I alone yet again? wacko.png

Wow, I hope my spouse is that way!! lol.. We are doing the journey together. I am getting my band the 24th and she is getting hers some time with in the next 4-6 weeks. I hope our love life comes back!.. congrats to yours being renewed....lol..

Well to be honest I have always been adventurous. I guess I thought he'd be more into since Im getting my body back! Im feeling more womanly sexy and would like to be recgonized for it or really rewarded in bed! Lol

Guess ya cant have it all!

i love this topic!!! lol... but so true!!! friend it will be worst! wait till you get all sort of heads turning on men!!! lol... that when the fun begins....

What a great subject! Our love life had been suffering for some time due to me not feeling sexy. My husband came home at lunch as he has a half day today and suggested we have an "afternoon delight". I was shocked but said yes, and like Monique put it, "I too feel sexy losing close to 20lbs although I have a good 60lbs to go, my husband thinks so too! What a nice feeling it is. So if I feel like cheating on food down the road, I 'll have to remember today and how I feel.

we haven't been hanging from the chandeliers or anything, but fireworks went off, but I think it wass just too fast too wild. I had my heart going so fast the adreneline going but the coming down was aweful, I guess got take it slow. (for now)

laugh.png

I know that when one gives up one addiction (food), another one is likely to surface. At least sex is good cardio, good for the relationship, and not to mention it's lot's of fun!

I know that when one gives up one addiction (food), another one is likely to surface. At least sex is good cardio, good for the relationship, and not to mention it's lot's of fun!

LOL So TRUE!!!

Sad thing is I didnt know I was addicted to food OR an emotional eater till post op when feeling down and in a tough spot found myself in the kitchen and wondering how I got there... Having to deal with issues without drowning them in food has been great for not only me but my husband and my kids cause there is a lot more talking and less angst.wub.png

And I think I am dangerously addicted to sex!

I seriously cant get enough.

I think this is how men feel everything in everyday life IS sex! Lol

Poor guy, needs a tap out! ph34r.png

It's very normal to have an increased sex drive after losing weight. Even though you say you've only lost 20lbs, it's still a lot of weight to lose.

Sex drive is very much related to the way we look and feel. The more confident you are the more likely you are to want to have fun in the bedroom (or anywhere else!).

Let's be honest if you hate the way you look and feel, it isn't going to come across as sexy to your partner and you'll be too inhibited. If you hate getting naked with your partner or always make love in the dark, then you aren't getting the best out of sex.

There's also a slight novelty factor at first, it's almost like getting your body back and feeling feminine again.

Well done so far. It might be a good idea to prepare your husband for whats to come, if you lose weight and feel EVEN better about yourself, you'll never get enough... I'm sure he's not complaining though! Lol

I TOTALLY understand how you feel! After I started exercising (pre-band) and lost almost 30 pounds on my own, I started feeling amazing...and the sex definitely increased. My boyfriend bought me this shirt that I just felt soo sexy in. He compliments me like crazy now...and the best part is I feel great. I am getting my life back...all aspects of it. Isn't it awesome???? wub.png

I thought I had a high sex drive before the band. It was NOTHING compared to after I lost weight. But I do think that's directly related to my own confidence, and my fitness levels. Sex with the lights on? Yes please! Able to get into super flexible postions? Uh huh! Got the stamina to go for ages? I think so! lol!

It's a really good problem to have, I think! My partner can't keep up with me, but he sure isn't complaining!

A few years ago I lost over 60lbs. My sex drive increased, but my mans didn't. And he said something to me when I was all hurt about it....he said, "you are no more beautiful to me now, than you've always been." That made me feel so so so much better. He also told me recently while I'm waiting on approval for wls..."after you have surgery, I might have to leave for a week here & there, cause you are going to kill me. (apparently, he's remembering back) So don't be too hurt that he can't keep up, your feelings are changing, his are still the same. And that might not be a bad thing.

Men are the same way I guess you feel better all around