Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Sick And Tired Of...

Wow, I didn't expect to get so many responses to this post! Everything you guys have said about the "sick and tired" is so true! I can't wait to be like some of you and say that these are things of the past. And yes, I am sort of in the KC area, I live about an hour away from KC in Ottawa. So excited for everyone!

I actually got a little notebook that I am writing down all the things that I want as NSV (non-scale victores)- as an example

fit into the booth easily at Red Robin

don't have to have a seatbelt extender

etc, and as they happen I'm going to check them off!!! And I put scale victories in there too, LOL. second half of the little notebook is where I chart my weekly weight I "keep," no matter what it is, up or down, on Wednesday morning :)

These are some good ones to add to my list!!!

I was sick and tired of not wanting to be in pictures. I would have to be standing or be behind someone to take them. I am not at my goal yet, but every day I look a little better. I even took racy pictures for my husband for a Valentine's Day present. I almost cried looking at them and not being ashamed anymore! I am so excited for you and I hope you have success. It is great to not feel sick and tired much anymore.

LOL I just sent my hubby a racy pic also. Didnt look to shabby either, if I do say so myself... I went to victoria secrets and had a little bit of fun in there. If it wasnt for my old lady thighs, I might not look to bad lol

JustDoIt130 - Thanks for the tips for NSV's! I'm going to have to put that in my notebook that I started!

Everyone is doing so great, it's so awesome to see how well you all are doing! : )

I am...

- Sick and tired of not being able to shop where I want, I choose malls to visit based on whether they have particular clothing stores that cater to the more... exotically shaped of us.

- Sick and tired of plus size clothing! Most of it is shapeless and hideous.

- Sick and tired of never being able to buy anything on sale, because they always run out of the biggest sizes first (if they carried them at all, that is).

- Sick of being invisible in a crowd

- Sick of not being called pretty, but a „pretty face“.

- Sick of having food govern my life.

- Sick of shameful binge eating, covering my tracks afterwards like a heroin addict.

- SICK OF DIETING... 12 years on a diet... only to end up 60 lbs heavier than when I started. Way to go, genius.

- Sick of avoiding pictures, I swear... people would have a hard time proving I actually existed if they needed to.

- Sick of going out and having a good time and feeling good about myself... then seeing the pictures of myself the next day and wanting to cry.

Ugh... long list...

Man, am I ready for a change!

<<--- is sick and tired being the butt of jokes. So so so ready for this to be over. Good luck to you Kassie. You are going to do great!

I forgot one, sick and tired of people asking if I was pregnant and when I was due.. I don't know who was more embarrassed them or me at times, and at other times, I was downright pissed.. target.gif

I forgot one, sick and tired of people asking if I was pregnant and when I was due.. I don't know who was more embarrassed them or me at times, and at other times, I was downright pissed.. target.gif

The worst part of that for me was that while I just wanted the ground to open up and swallow the space of time in which that happened, and never ever speak of it... the other person kept bringing it up again, saying how bad they felt and apologizing over and over.

Arrrrgggh! Lets both pretend it never happened, oh my gosh.

I am just sick and tired of not going to see my friends because I feel like they are all thinking how fat and gross I look. I am sick and tired of not volunteering at my daughters school because I don't want her friends to make fun of her for having a fat mom. I too am sick and tired of not being in photos and looking like an absent parent in my childrens lives. I could go on and on. I can't wait to not have any of these feelings anymore. The day is coming soon that I will not be sick and tired! Good luck all!

you guys will like this one, I go yard saling and LOVE when I see that the people who are selling are big so I know I might find something that will fit me!

I love when my 3 year old tells me that I am fat, and huge. Kids are so honest!! Oh but what I really hate is when my friends and family tell me, "You are not obese, you are beautiful". Come on people be honest, I mean you don't have to be so honest as my 3 year old, but I can handle it. I can look in the mirror, and I can read a scale!

weight.png

These are all such "great" things, guys! I think that putting these out there is a great motivation for everyone to see what they want to change with the lapband.

And I agree, kids are very honest! But sometimes it works out to be the best. My five year old cousin Macy is the sweetest little girl in the world. She loves to just climb up in your lap and say nice things to you. She tells me all the time "You are so smart. You are so beautiful. I just love you." It melts my heart! Kids are often such self esteem boosters! ; )