Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I moved on to the mushy stage in my diet and seem to not be loosing anymore. I am a week and a half post-op and i have lost 26 pounds since starting my liquid pahse two weeks before my surgery date. I know that is great to have lost that much so far. I guess i am just worried that i might be doing something wrong since i am not loosing anymore. does any one have any suggestions. I dont want this to Detour me but it makes me scared that i am going to start gaining weight when i start eating normal again.

Thanks!!!

You won't lose as much during mushies and regular stages. Remember you are still healing and don't worry so much about what you aren't losing. A healthy loss is 1-2 lbs a week and you are way above average. Welcome to bandland.

Welcome to the forum! Good to have you but......

whoa, you are getting way ahead of yourself! the whole idea of liquids, mushies and the rest is to let your stomach heal. you just had surgery - slow down.

yes, you will lose the most on clear liquid but that is not real living.

congats on the amount you already lost, it will continue!

continue to read posts from people who have been around a while. you will see how all of this works.

Follow the instructions you were given by your doc and take it easy. start walking as much as you can so the shoulder pain does not take over. keep sipping your Water and eat your mushies.

Wait till you start back o regular foods....just as you did before surgery...I GAINED weight. But noyt to worry, Dr. laughed at me.

Said I just didn't get it...and he was right.

I'm now a few lbs from my goal weight after 12-1/2 months.

I plateaued right around my transition to mushies and again when I transitioned to regular food. It was so irritating! I got my first fill and it jump started the weight loss again. First month is about healing, not weight loss. You can't live on liquids forever. Second month is more figuring out the long-term comfort level with eating "normally" when you have a fill. That is where I am at right now. It is hard to believe that 0.5-0.75 C of food is all I can manage to get in me at a time! Even that is too much on occasion. This morning, I couldn't even finish a 5 oz. yogurt!

Just be patient and look forward to the first fill. That is really when the band starts to do its work.

Dear Readytogoforit: I love reading your posts, you are such a pro and always there for all of us. I just want to personally thank you for being one of the best supportive people on the threads!

-Patty

Welcome to the forum! Good to have you but......

whoa, you are getting way ahead of yourself! the whole idea of liquids, mushies and the rest is to let your stomach heal. you just had surgery - slow down.

yes, you will lose the most on clear liquid but that is not real living.

congats on the amount you already lost, it will continue!

continue to read posts from people who have been around a while. you will see how all of this works.

Follow the instructions you were given by your doc and take it easy. start walking as much as you can so the shoulder pain does not take over. keep sipping your Water and eat your mushies.

nice to read all this. i started on liquids post op and gained weight.. seemed my body just was incredibly annoyed with all that happened and was holding tight to every drop liquid i drank. i did however make the fatal mistake of making Soup from bouillion and realized i was eating huge quantities of sodium chloride. that alone will make you retain water.. i quickly realized the mistake and tossed the bullion cubes and drank the clear unsalted broth.. took a few days to turn that around but phew.. i won there does seem to be a contest going on between me and my body.. whos going to win whos going to lose.. no pun intended. ive stuck to the diet guidelines for post op, I have arrived at liquid yogurt... and if i close my eyes and dream a little.. i can convert that to a pina coloda with a little imagination,

I understand how you feel. Same here with the fastish weight loss. Pre op diet and first 3 months I dropped 40 lbs. In the last month...4. 4LBS ONLY! I was devestated. I thank God for the great people here and friends I have personally. Your body needs time to adjust after all that loss. Plus I also realized that the day after I was weighed I started my monthly. That usually shows on the scale as a 3-5 lb gain but I saw a small loss any way! I can't wait to get on that scale again! Oh my goodness!!!! For the first time in my life as an adult I am looking forward to getting on a scale?!! Yippee, another fear conquered! Thank You lapband....