Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Do You Do When Food Is Stuck Or Doesn't Agree With You?

If you eat something and it is stuck or just doesn't feel right how do you fix the situation?

I don't know if this is necessarily right but if I don't start gagging and if it doesn't come up on its own then I take a nice big swig of Water. It'll either force it down or force it up.

There's not much you can do but wait. I usually stand up and walk around to get gravity into the mix. I hiccup and I feel better. It's weird and my doc says everyone is different.

I have to return the offending food stuff! Not pretty or pleasant so a very good reminder about eating slowly and chewing lots.

I try to stay calm cause it hurts like heck. Sometimes I hiccup, I always get up and walk. And after awhile it goes away & I tell myself to slowwww down & not try to eat that item again for awhile.

Sit and wait it out. If it is severe, I will start to hiccup first. Then start sliming. You know then it's coming back up. To speed it up, sip Water at that point.

I just lean over the sink, cough and up it comes. I think Water would do the same thing, but that sounds worse to me! lol

pineapple juice or pappaya enzymes work well for stuck food or so my dr saId i have not had that happen YET !!!!

walk around , up stairs,. if that doesn't help let it come up or try paypa tablets. They some times work.

wendy

I go and cough it up. It hurts too much to wait for it to decide to go down and that can take hours. Besides when something is stuck you start sliming and that doesn't go down either so you have to spit that out.

what is this sliming u speak of??? like the salivating you get before u throw up?

No, its more slimy than regular saliva. Had my first experience with it last night. You can be sure I will try to go a VERY long time without doing that again.

Sliming is an unfortunate experience one has right before one is getting ready to hurl up one's food. LOL. I hate sliming. The puking is the easy part.

I sometimes walk around or try putting my arms over my head. But there are times to just excuse yourself from the table, find a bathroom and puke it up. Not a great experience, so I've learned not to eat certain foods and to be extra careful when chewing.

I usually start to slime when I get stuck. Then I have to get to the nearest bathroom and it comes back up.

I find that sometimes I can eat this today but have a problem with it next time. Trial and error. If I get the same thing stuck twice I'm done with it.