Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Is It So Hard To Live Healthy?

It truly feels like living healthy is the hardest, most emotional rollercoaster-y thing ever. Am I the only one who feels this way? haha.

oh boy you aren't a kidding. feel like I work hard everyday to remind myself that I am worth the effort!

are you still able to maintain your weight loss?

I'm not exactly sure what the message is.

The more you progress, the more motivated you get, and the more you want to do!

I lost about 100lbs about 3ish years ago...and then I met my wife. Since then, I've gone up and down, but as of recently, I've packed about 70lbs back. Arg.

I wish I had the motivation to convince myself all the time. Alas...it will come back full-force sometime.

Strangely enough, people have to vent sometimes, though, yes? wink.png

Oh you echo my thoughts. Its been nearly 4 years for me...the first year was easy. But it's been tough since then. It is so easy to slip into bad habits, and so hard to get back in the zone to stay healthy and re-re-loose those pounds that creep back on. Now I'm up 60 pounds from where I want to be, and can't seem to get back into the healthy diet groove! Each day I think tomorrow will be the day I start ...and then the next yummy thing gets me off track!

If you gained 70 pounds it sounds like you need to go get a fill. When was the last time?

For me, being banded has been great. The band helps me stick to a weight loss diet, but I am still on a diet. I don't think that this is a normal way to live, long term (~1000 calories a day), Hopefully maintainance will be a little less difficult. I'll let you know when I get there. My issue was not the quality of food I was eating (I don't eat junk food) but the quantity and the band has certainly dealt with that.

For me, being banded has been great. The band helps me stick to a weight loss diet, but I am still on a diet. I don't think that this is a normal way to live, long term (~1000 calories a day), Hopefully maintainance will be a little less difficult. I'll let you know when I get there. My issue was not the quality of food I was eating (I don't eat junk food) but the quantity and the band has certainly dealt with that.

Me too i loved healthy food but just ate too much of it.. Now i enjoy finding new healthy recipies to try out so when i finally lose these final few lbs i can eat healthy food but more variety. Just tried out some oat/wholemeal muffins .. super yummy. I just substituted the oil for a low fat spread, worked a treat :)

Living a healthy lifestyle can be hard work, the real true key is controlling the mind. Reprogramming the sofware inside your head that gives you cravings and tries to get you to do the things in life you know aren't helping at all. Until you can have full control over the things you do without giving in to your emotions you'll never beat it.

Most of my clients who succeed are the ones that manage to think of food as fuel, which is essentially what it is. My advice is to start reading all you can about mind reprogramming techniques. I really like any of Paul McKennas stuff but there are plenty others out there to choose from.

Jago

I think living healthy is super hard. It takes so much work and effort. Now it takes me hours to plan out my weekly menu, go to the grocery store and then prep any food (ex carrots, celery, etc). It also so much more expensive. I struggle so much with this, but I am liking the results I am seeing since being banded, so I am going to stick with it.

so, you started this post with lots of honesty. yes, we all agree this is the hardest thing we have ever done.

keep posting and try to get back to the basics. start logging all your food, exercise at least 3 days a week. cut out all sugar.

when I are doing well with my weight loss it means I plan better. I shop for fresh foods, avoid processed foods, no fast food meals, exercise everyday and think in a positive manner.

try to remember that you are worth all of this effort. No more excuses.