Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery In Mexico Monday...

So I'm having surgery Jan 23 with Dr. Ortiz, . Does anyone have experiences to share about doctor ortiz or the OCC? Or any tips on items to bring?

I had surgery whit one of his coleges and my surgery went fine. Good Luck

Hi!

I'm having surgery with Dr. Ortiz on Jan 26! all the best to you. You must be on the pre-op diet as well.

Sorry we will miss each other by a couple of days.

Take Care

Lisa

I see that you are from Vancouver. I am originally from Kelowna but live in Calgary, AB now.

Glad to hear someone has had a good experience! Lisa! I will let you know how it goes, im leaving sunday morning and im starting to get really nervous. I think its becoming a reality... oh ya im going to another country to have surgery! It will be good, i just need to chill out:) Ill update you as I'm there. I'm pretty sure they have wireless connection available, right?

Girls dont be nervous I was the same way but the hospital staff is amazing. They will take really good care of you dont worry :)

The Shannalee wondering what ur bmi Is & do u have aftercare set up?

tks

I know there is wifi available at the Marriott hotel. Good luck to you! you will be in good hands. Please keep us posted on your journey. When do you return home?

All the best!

Lisa

hey I am at the bellingham airport waiting to fly out to san deigo!! Lisa I leave on the 24 so I really will miss you completely:(

Iwincoa- at the moment after the pre op diet my BMI is around 36. For after care the OCC has given me a list of doctors that may do fills in the area or «i also have the option of going back to OCC it will cost 100 to cover the transport cost fill is free and on a good day i can get a flight for about 200.

All the best Shannalee!!! stay strong and keep your eye on the prize!! you are going to do just great.

Keep in touch. You are doing this for the best reasons... to be healthy for your kids and live long and enjoy life with them.

Good luck! wish we were going to see each other down there..

you go girl!

take care :)

Dr. Ortiz has a great reputation from what I have read. San Diego is a bit cold today. You must be bringing Vancouver with you! Brrrrrr. Should be warming up though.

Will any of you spend any time in San Diego?

I was shocked how cold it is here ! lol it warmed up through the day. The hotel is great, I walked around town...even went to walmart:) Ill update you all post op!:)

Hi, ladies! I'm going to see Dr. Ortiz on March 27th. My boyfriend and I will be getting there the night before so we'll have an extra day in the hotel beforehand, and then an extra night afterward too. I'm so excited that I can barely handle it. It feels like 64 days will never come!!! I pass the time by obsessively reading lapband blogs and forums. At least I'm well educated now. smilielol5.gif

Cocoabean, I'm originally from SD. Is that where you live? I drive back every summer... It would be nice to have a connection with a fellow bandster.

So I'm here! I had my surgery at about 830 this morning. Its nice here but I'm looking forward to the comfy bed back at the hotel:) I have little pain but I am concerned about the trip home tomorrow. the only really uncomfortable thing was when they gave me some of the meds on the table. It mad me feel super nervous and couldnt talk properly like someone was sitting on my chest, but that lasted all of one minute. Good luck girls:)

Glad everything went well! The worst part in my experience was, the cramped flight down, everything else was A1!