Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My doctor can't believe it.............

WOW!! I am dumbfounded, just like your doctor. That is VERY, VERY good!!!!! Please share with us what you're eating. Do you exercise? How much Water do you drink?!?!?! This is very exciting for you! When ever you get over your camera shyness, we want PICTURES!!

You go girl!!!

Josephine! 64 lbs in 3 months! I want to be abnormal just like you! That's incredible. Keep it up, don't let anything take that joy out of your life! Wow! Just amazing. I still can't get over it!

How inspiring. My surgery is Tuesday and I'm praying to be one of the "lucky ones" who doesn't need a fill. Good for you!

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Congrats!!! You are doing super awesome. Let us know your secrets...exercise?? eating??? We want to be just like you!!

Wow! I'm so impressed...and so jealous!! I am down about 25 pounds and 3 weeks out, but I know that won't continue. You have done such an awesome job!!!

Emily

Lisa,

I drink Starbucks Mon - Fri. A quad venti, extra hot, non fat, sugar free, french vanilla latte. With my new found love I have no problem getting in my 64oz. of Water. I drink about 40 ozs. by 1130am. I buy a flavoring at Walmart that is in the kool-aid aisle and it is their brand. It is sugar free and calorie free. I don't drink Crystal light since that has calories in it and Walmart brand doesn't. About a month ago when I went to the doctor I told him that I lost my appetite. God only knows that answer. I have only ever eaten because it was Breakfast, lunch and dinner time. It was never because I was hungry. I am not hungry in the morning so I don't eat. At lunch time I eat alot of salads with either chicken or tuna on it with extra veggies. Sometimes I will eat shredded beef with mashed potatoes. When I am driving home from work I get the rest of my Water in. My husband was a good teacher for me to eat slow. It now takes me 1/2 hour to 45 mins. to eat a meal. My plate for dinner is the size of a cup saucer. I don't think that I am getting in 1000 calories a day but I can't help that. I will not force myself anymore. I do not starve myself either. I finally know what food tastes like. I also do not eat Snacks in between meals. I watch my sugar and fat intake (contents). I have chosen to change my lifestyle. Losing weight is the easy part, it is keeping it off that is my battle and that is what the band is for me. I hope it will be my maintenance program. If you want this badly enough we all will succeed but I believe to achieve we need to change ourselves because what we did yesteryear.................was the wrong thing to do. I haven't tried bread yet but I will eat crackers or even croutons on my salads, not many though. I walk my dog on the weekdays twice a day and on the weekends three times a day. Exercise is not my friend yet otherwise. I know, my sister says skin on a hanger, doesn't that sound disgusting? I am going to dust off my treadmill tomorrow and see about getting on it. It smiles at me every night and I just roll my eyes at it :) !

Again, thanks to all who replied to my thread. I love all the support that has been given to me. Believe in yourselves and you can achieve your goal. This isn't short term or a fad diet. This is changing our lives so we can be healthier and live longer.

Sincererly,

Josephine

Okay super-rabbit!!! It is time to post pics on the before and after thread!! Share with us, we wanna see we wanna see!!!

Hi Josephine,

I am with Lianna. It's time for pictures. We want to see how fabulous you look.

Well, I am so happy today as yesterday the scale moved....DOWN! I have been stuck for a few weeks at 210. The last couple of days I paid particular attention to the Water intake. I think it must have been a combination of low Water intake and the coffee. However, it seems I might be able to continue with the coffee intake! hurah! Hurah!

I have to leave the house in a few minutes and I am going to try the drink from Starbuck's you suggested. I didn't know surgar free was an option. Does the sugar free refer to the Syrup or something? And what is quad venti? I know venti. But what does quad refer to?

One last thing. Please clarify what the flavoring is used for that you get from Walmart. Is this flavored water, flavoring for coffee or something similar to Crystal Light?

I too have given up on eating on a dinner size plate. Everyone in the family just grabs the saucer now. If I am eating a chicken breast (the flat kind - size of hamburger bun) then I can't finish it. My husband doesn't know this but I am actively searching for smaller plate sizes. I read in a book with a title similar to "Why Japanese Women Don't Get Fat..", that they eat on smaller plates and individual serving dishes. I measured my plates and found the inside to be 9", whereas the recommended plate size was 7"! This means the inside of our plates are 7". Far too much space.

Thanks for the tips. Get on that treadmill, keep moving! Congratulations on your weight loss.

Lisa

where the band is perfectly filled and positioned so that the weight just flies off.

Josephine, your weight loss is awesome!! I would also love to see pics! You must look amazing!! Congratz and keep up the good work! You will be at goal in no time!

I am so smiling the biggest smile right now! What a great thread to read! I am so happy for you & quit a bit jealous!!! Great Fantastic Incredible JOB!!!