Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Loose Skin In Your 20's!

Hi, I'm getting surgery in March! I'm 23 years old and 270 lbs.....ewwww! Anyway, I know that when you lose a large amount of weight there is a possibility of sagging skin. But, we have the advantage of youth on our side. So I was wondering if there was anyone out there that has been successful with losing 100+ pounds and what there problems were with loose skin, or if they had any at all!

Thanks

Hey well I had surgery in December and the only loose skin I've notice is in my arms. I do not have loose skin any where else I believe it depends from person to person.

I can tolerate that. My arms are mostly muscle anyway! I hope I'm as lucky as you, good luck!

I was banded 8-12-11 58 pounds down and I do have the loose under belly skin that I know I will have to have tucked. You never know how much is gonna be left until you are done loosing weight but mine is also my arms and underbelly. Think I might have some inner thigh Lipo also.

Thank you girl laugh.png

Thanks for responding ladies! It has helped out a lot!

Hi, I'm getting surgery in March! I'm 23 years old and 270 lbs.....ewwww! Anyway, I know that when you lose a large amount of weight there is a possibility of sagging skin. But, we have the advantage of youth on our side. So I was wondering if there was anyone out there that has been successful with losing 100+ pounds and what there problems were with loose skin, or if they had any at all!

Thanks

I have a really good friend who had plastics the same time I did - she had lost 100lbs and she was 22 years old. she had to have a lower body lift, thigh lift and breast lift. her arms looked pretty good, however, but she said she never carried any weight in her arms. it all depends on your genetics and how you carried your weight, If I were you, I'd start saving your pennies now for some tucks here and there! Believe me, it is the icing on the cake!

I have lost 145 pounds... I will def.be needing a full body tuck! And ive been working out tbe whole time... Just so much weight was lost the skin is insane! It grosses me out.

It also depends on if you've had children...i've been toldsad.png

im hoping the same.. im 24 and my arms are wicked fat so im hoping after surgery ill work on my arms the hardest try and tighten em up! but it depends on the person. my cousin doesnt have ANY loose skin (b*tch) lol but at the end of the day i dont care how loose or strecth marks i just waanna be healthy and rock a little black dress owwwwwww laugh.png goood luck ladies!!

Loose skin is somethin I've been thinking about hopefully it's not too bad. I'm hoping my "girls" don't deflate either lol I'm a 42DDD right now..but I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'm gonna start a cosmetic surgery money jar just in case!!

Hi' date=' I'm getting surgery in March! I'm 23 years old and 270 lbs.....ewwww! Anyway, I know that when you lose a large amount of weight there is a possibility of sagging skin. But, we have the advantage of youth on our side. So I was wondering if there was anyone out there that has been successful with losing 100+ pounds and what there problems were with loose skin, or if they had any at all!

Thanks[/quote']

Working out and weight lifting will help with the saggy skin, arms and otherwise. My mom was 46 when she got banded, she's 48 now and she needs a Tummy Tuck and some other stuff done. Her Dr said that it takes 18 months for your skin to bounce bank completely. I hope that we don't get saggy skin, I was just banded 2/24/12 I'm excited, I've already lost 13 pounds. Also, don't say ewwwww about yourself, you shouldn't have bad body image, I'm 5'3 and 285 lbs but I know I'm beautiful. You are too and you should know it. Losing weight will not magically make you feel better about yourself, it will make you healthier and you have to want to feel good about yourself. Good luck!

I spoke to my Dr about this because I am being banded march 6th and really nervous about loose skin too! He gave me some tips, exercising/weight training helps, he also said to exfoliate 2-3 times per week because it stimulates your skin growth and regeneration and lastly he said to lotion up daily to keep your skin hydrated. I am planning on doing all three to try to avoid as much saggy skin as possible! Hope this helps!

I spoke to my Dr about this because I am being banded march 6th and really nervous about loose skin too! He gave me some tips, exercising/weight training helps, he also said to exfoliate 2-3 times per week because it stimulates your skin growth and regeneration and lastly he said to lotion up daily to keep your skin hydrated. I am planning on doing all three to try to avoid as much saggy skin as possible! Hope this helps!

This is good advice, I will definitely bookmark it!

Thanks to everyone who responded! These answers are really helping me!