Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sometimes The News Media Is To Much!!!!

I seen the NEWS tonight, and although they Report that we are a very Obese Nation.

They want to make some changes in Clothing...

Size 6 will be your New PLUS SIZE CLOTHING if the Desighners have there way.

They "WHOEVER' wil be discussing this matter.

Are they crazy or what ! We would all have to be a size 4 or less to not be a Plus Size.....

Some of these people need to get a life, or find one. Because if this change happens,

I'm sticking with what I think is appropriate in size, and they can keep their new size in clothing.

This Country would Sky Rocket to the top of the list with Obese people.

How would you feel about being a PLUS SIZE WOMAN, when you were down to a size 6 ?

Dude! That is super crazy! Even at my thinnest in highschool at 120lbs I was a size 9!

Ya I will also stick to what I believe to be regular (under 12) and plus sizes ( 14 and up).

That's just my opinion not meant to be a definition by any means.

I can finally fit into a size 18 after losing 12 lbs and im super happy about that.

If I could ever fit into single digit sizes I would not be impressed to be shopping in the plus size section at all!

The designers are crazy. I'm going to stick to goals of a healthy BMI, decreasing my need for insulin with my diabetes, and lower my cholesterol.

Hopefully along the way I can fit into single digit size pants!

well what height? i mean that is nuts! I wore a size 6 at like 130lbs. - I think who ever dreams this stuff up needs a reality check!

Over here I think plus size clothing starts at size 16 which is a US 12. Crazy considering that the average woman is around a 14.

However you know that designers have issues when one of the most popular new models is a young guy. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1360460/Andrej-Pejic-Fashions-ultimate-insult-women-man-dresses-woman.html And no he's not modelling men's clothing he is modelling womens clothing. So basically they are saying that all women should have the body of a young male ? What happened to boobs and hips?

Um wow Elcee that is soo weird! Never heard of such a thing..but that is absolutely insane...my mom is a size 10 and she looks too thin to me! wtf a 6?????? come on!001_huh.gif

My skeletal remains would be larger than a size 6!

I know ! It's CRAZY.....

How do these people just decide that they are going to change things, and just have it happen. Sounds like the Politicians in this Country. One day the rules are this way and the next day it's changed ???? Does not make sense at all.

What about our BMI anything over 20 going to be considered obese ? I mean if we go with the cloths Manufacturing, because they say it's Plus Size......

Humming Bird: When I was going in for my Band, my surgeon asked me "REALISTICLLY ! wHAT SIZE WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE?" I never gave it a thougt, I just wanted to be Healthy. I said I don't know, a 14 would be nice. He lookrd at me and said THAT'S IT?" i said a 12 would be nice, but I don't know if it's possible ? He said " IT'S VERY POSSIBLE, AND YOUR NOT ASKING FOR MUCH. MOST WOMEN WANT TO BE A SIZE 4 OR A 2, AND THAT IS UN-REALITIC, AT TIMES IT DOES HAPPEN, BUT WE DON'T SEE THAT ALLOT. SO YOUR REQUEST,,, IT WILL HAPPEN.

Now mind you I told him I' in my 50's, I'm not Bikini Material "he Chuckled" I just want my health back. He said we'll do this.

So now to hear a size 6 ! That's unrealistic. I mean Michelle Obama would be considered Plus size.

I'm sure this won't happen, but they need to really get it together, and quit the bolony.

I agree, it's crazy!

But, I will say this-- I wear a size 8 now and I am still overweight according to BMI charts. So a size 6 for me is upper-range normal in BMI.

Don't get me wrong-- I still think the idea that size 6 is plus size is insane (or size 8 or 10 for that matter), but clothing sizes in the U.S. have gotten more and more generous over the years.

I wonder if part of it is that as women, we (and society) just refuse to accept that it is natural and normal to wear a larger clothing size as women than we did as girls and very-young-women and there is an unnecessary stigma to "plus size". We have such insane names for clothing sizes in the U.S. anyway-- juniors and missy and women's/plus. It's the names that carry the stigma, in my opinion, not the actual size in your pants-- when you look good, you look good, and only you know what's written on the label

. I'll tell you this-- you'll never catch me pining away to be able to fit into junior-section clothing. I'm 36, not a teenager, and I don't care how thin I am, you won't catch me yearning to buy the same outfit as an 18-year-old. Nature declares that 18-year-olds are SUPPOSED to have better bodies than me, lol smile.png

The number sewn into your clothing is meaningless and has already changed over the years. I consistently wear a size 6 at Gap and Ann Taylor but I am 15 pounds heavier than when I was in my 20s and wore a 4! We all know whether we are overweight or not without looking at a scale or at the size of clothing!

I am in the normal BMI range and that is all that matters.

I agree 100% about the labels for size.

My problem is I don't want to loose say 200lbs. just to have someone come along, and tell me I'm Morbidley Obese, because someone has set new guide lines. That's Bull ! and Crazy.

Not to mention, It's just plain wrong.

If they want to start of by saying how Obese the Country is, then do something about that.

Making the Plus size clothing Labels going backwards to a smaller size is not going to help out one way or the other.

I am sitting on a BMI of 22.3 now, or on the 'higher' side of the BMI scale. Look at my photos. I am a size 6. Apparently that would make me overweight. Do I look overweight to you?

Sizing matters. It may not to you and me, but it does to that teenager whose self esteem and self image is already struggling. Size 6 IS NOT OVERWEIGHT. And it's about time those people who see themselves as the 'style police' take some responsibility for the truly twisted way that society views weight in general.

I fit comfortably into a size 8 Aus. I even have some pants which are a size 6 and they still fall off after I have been wearing them for a while. LOL I have narrow hips and no butt. I think the equivalent size in the US is a size 2. Now that sounds tiny but I don't feel tiny. I am certainly a lot bigger than I was in my early 20s. I still have some clothes from then. They are marked a size 10 and I cannot do them up. There is a good couple of inches gap between the 2 halves meeting around my middle. So yes clothing sizes have changed dramatically. if i can now fit into a new size 2 but can't do up an old size 10 there is really something wrong.But even though a 6 is a lot bigger it is bye no means oversized.

I just wish they would standardise things from country to country. Why can't we have international standards - it would make life so much easier

I'm sure you know yourself that not everyones labeling is the same with their own sizing. In other words sometimes a 6 doesn't feel like a six to you, could be to snug or to loose. That's not what I am talking about though.

I'm talking about changing the plus size in the U.S.A. to a size 6 would be a PLUS size "Possibley" in the future.

If that happens ! Then I will not be interested in their size scale of what is obese. Because they are full of it.

You said it yourself best look at you ! Your a size 6. Do you think you would like it if someone asked you what size you were, and while a size 6 just danced of your tongue, they turned around and said "Oh Your Obese !" How would you feel ? I would think they were crazy, and simpley laugh to myself, maybe even out loud.

Because they are wrong, and I would not be interested in their Labels.

I fit comfortably into a size 8 Aus. I even have some pants which are a size 6 and they still fall off after I have been wearing them for a while. LOL I have narrow hips and no butt. I think the equivalent size in the US is a size 2. Now that sounds tiny but I don't feel tiny. I am certainly a lot bigger than I was in my early 20s. I still have some clothes from then. They are marked a size 10 and I cannot do them up. There is a good couple of inches gap between the 2 halves meeting around my middle. So yes clothing sizes have changed dramatically. if i can now fit into a new size 2 but can't do up an old size 10 there is really something wrong.But even though a 6 is a lot bigger it is bye no means oversized.

I just wish they would standardise things from country to country. Why can't we have international standards - it would make life so much easier

DITTO !

elcee, I am an Aus size 8 and I can't get into my US size 4 jeans anymore. I could only wear them when I was 120lbs and under, or the equivelant of slightly under a size 6 Aus.

So basically if they got their way, an Aussie size 8 would be considered overweight. You and I would be considered overweight. Can you imagine the impact of that to a teenager who would walk into a store today a size 8 only to get told she was considered overweight? That she would think she'd need to lose weight? Or the girl who's a healthy size 12, who will then think she's an elephant, even though it couldn't be further from the truth?

And not to mention the girl who already can't cope with being a size 18. What's she going to think she is?

Clothing sizing should reflect healthy weight ranges. Period.