Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are You Buying To Prep?

I purchased a ton of yucky Protein stuff online. They said I needed clear Protein for the week after, and all of it was SOOOO EXPENSIVE!! I am desperately waiting for full liquids.

I also finally purchased a real food processor, so I can make good mushies. That one I am happy about.

Surgery is officially 1 week away!! After all the fiascos, they rushed the last part of the process for me, and also kept me out of the waiting room with the other patients getting ready for surgery (I'm telling myself it was because they are scared I would make a stink).

I think I'm done with pre-surgery shopping. The protein and the food processor were my big purchases. What are yours?

Luckily my dad had previosly had lap band, so I stole his magic bullet. I bought a blender, but haven't used it (I am on week 2 of post-op mushies).

My biggest purchase has been a sewing machine, not so I could sew all new skinny clothes, but because I need a NON-EATING hobby. Something to do besides staring at the clock waiting to eat, LOL. So I bought it at 2 weeks post op.

Other things bought pre-surgery was just lots of food for liquid and puree phases. I tried all sorts of Proteins including some clear juice ones, which actually sent me into a throwing up fit 2 days after surgery. So I got some already made shakes at costco (Premier brand) and have had one of those every day (yes, even in clear liquid phase.)

Good luck!

Tabby.

I bought Protein products, both liquid and powder. Also bought some can Soups that I will have to blend the first 2 weeks, but then can eat them the next 2 weeks when my diet changes to soft foods. I also changed my Vitamins and Calcium to chewables and still looking for liquid fish oil (yuck!) That pill is so huge I'm sure it would get stuck for sure! I'm always so amazed that different doctors give different instructions. Guess it just depends on who you go to. I already have a good blender and sewing machine. The sewing machine could come in handy to take in some clothes, I hope!! Don't want to start buying a lot when I first start to lose.

V-8 or V-8 diet fusion, sugar-free Jello and pudding, tea (for some reason it tastes better than coffee after surgery), Vitamin Water, Special-K Protein packets (to put in your water), chicken broth, popsicles (the Jolly Roger popsicles are awesome!), liquid tylenol, liquid anti-nausea medicine (I bought the Equaate brand from Wal-Mart), Gas-X strips (several boxes and make sure you take them with you to your surgery). It also helps to take a small pillow with you to put between your stomach and the seatbelt for your ride home.

Thanks for the tips on what to purchase. Not a big V-8 fan though. Guess that's what may have gotten me to where I am now. I guess I'll develop a new appreciation for it soon.

I bought Protein products, both liquid and powder. Also bought some can Soups that I will have to blend the first 2 weeks, but then can eat them the next 2 weeks when my diet changes to soft foods. I also changed my Vitamins and Calcium to chewables and still looking for liquid fish oil (yuck!) That pill is so huge I'm sure it would get stuck for sure! I'm always so amazed that different doctors give different instructions. Guess it just depends on who you go to. I already have a good blender and sewing machine. The sewing machine could come in handy to take in some clothes, I hope!! Don't want to start buying a lot when I first start to lose.

you could just purchase the fish oil caps and pierce/cut them and squeeze it in a protein shake......

i bought an exercise bike :)

I also changed my Vitamins and Calcium to chewables and still looking for liquid fish oil (yuck!) That pill is so huge I'm sure it would get stuck for sure!

I was looking through topics on this forum for information on lap band for a newbie who showed up at our weight loss support group (I underwent gastric bypass and am not all that familiar with lap band) when I stumbled upon this thread. I wanted to share with you a fish oil product I found postoperatively that is amazing! It's called Coromega squeeze packets (http://www.coromega.com/products/omega3-squeeze-2/). It is a liquid emulsion. It comes in several flavors, although I've only ever tried the orange flavor.

You can purchase this online at several different places:

http://www.coromega.com/shop/omega3-squeeze.html ($4.99-$55.99, depending on the size)

http://www.vitacost.com/ ($24.30-$25.73, depending on flavor; all boxes are 90 count)

https://www.celebratevitamins.com/shop/other-supplements/omega-3.html ($27.95-$29.95, depending on flavor; all boxes are 90 count)

Of course, there are probably plent of more websites where you can find this product. I purchase bariatric Vitamins and supplements routinely from Celebrate Vitamins and vitacost, so I showed you those particular sites. If you happen to order from one of those sites already, it may be to your advantage to use that site if it helps with achieving free shipping when you spend a certain amount, despite it being a dollar or two more than other sites.

At any rate, I had to find an omega-3 product that I could take that would be best for absorption. When I found this product, I was elated! It tastes great, is easy to take (one less "pill" to take), and I know I am absorbing the product well. Just a suggestion...