Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Am I Doing Wrong?

Hi my name is Susie, I am new to the site, and also was just banded on 12-15-11...I read others comments about how they have lost post op? I have not lost anything, and almost 3 weeks out?I lost 14 pds pre-op,liquid Protein diet-was 5 pds heavier the next day(I know from IV) and took about a week to get back to surgery day weight....I am getting emotional over it now, I feel like I'm failing at this already? Only 4 people know I had this done(all family members).....I am on soft foods-a half a cup if I'm lucky...is anyone else having this problem to? I just really need some re assurance I'm not alone?

I start back to work tomorrow-which I am soooooo glad(bored). I did start doing my in home walking exercises,just to keep moving,and my job is physical,so, am hoping that will help get this started-any suggestions are welcomed!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

you are not doing anything wrong, you are still healing from surgery. you are not even 3 weeks out yet, the lbs will start coming off soon enough. are you drinking the Protein Shakes? your body needs Protein, i make sure i get 70 to 80 grams a day. i get 35 alone from my morning Protein Shake every day. how much are you eating? your body is probaly in starve mode right now and it is holding onto everything you take in right now. once you start eating regular foods, it will get better. this is banders hell :) keep up the exercise and get the Proteins in.

While I can't offer much more info I agree with the more Protein and more Water for you....until you've had your first fill it's not uncommon for this to happen! You did NOT do anything wrong so quit worrying...greek yogurt is good since it's such a higher amount of protein than normal yogurt. Getting back to work will help but be prepared to be tired...that's common also. Good luck and happy losing... Linda

I ACTUALLY DID THINK THAT MAYBE MY BODY WAS HOLDING ONTO ANYTHING IT COULD AS WELL...I DO GET MY Protein IN-BUT DO NEED TO GET MORE IN-I EAT 3-4 VERY SMALL MEALS A DAY, AND AM FULL, I DON'T FEEL STARVED BY ANY MEANS-I DON'T HAVE BOWEL MOVEMENTS LIKE I USE TO,DAYS GO BY,WHICH I DON'T LIKE THAT AT ALL! THE DR. SAID AS LONG AS I DON'T FEEL CONSTIPATED IT'S OK. SO, WAS KINDA HOPING THAT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT...I AM GLAD I HAD THIS SURGERY, I DID RESEARCH ON IT FOR MONTHS BEFORE AND LOOKED AT THE PROS AND CONS AND DON'T REGRET IT AT ALL. I GUESS I'M JUST GONNA HAVE TO FIGURE OUT HOW I CAN HAVE THIS WORK FOR ME THE BEST WAY.

I promise you are doing nothing wrong. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. There is no need to worry. I did the exact same thing. I'm 15 months post op now and 160 lbs. It WILL happen. As long as you follow the rules, you have nothing to worry about.

We're not eating like we used to as far as the type and quantity of food so bowel movements are affected usually...That has been an ongoing problem for me. I've been told to take Benefiber every morning to assist me...as I'm trying to become more regular. I notice I feel better and have more weight loss...just a thought for you. Good luck - Linda

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR COMMENTS, I APPRECIATE IT ALOT!! I 'M SOO GLAD TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR STORIES AND SUCCESS WITH THIS. I'M GLAD THERE IS A SITE TO HELP WITH ALL THE QUESTIONS WHERE OTHERS KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH..THANKS AGAIN!teeth_smile.gif

C Coming up on one year myself...it takes time. Take it easy on yourself. The decision you made is for a life time and for me, it has been one of the best I ever made. In a year I hope you will feel the same! A blessed New Year!

I am amazed at how many people are not informed, (myself included) as to what to expect after getting lap band surgery. Seems like everyone feels that once you have the surgery, you should immediately start seeing results.

The surgery can be broken down in phases.

First is all the pre-op stuff one must go through, including shrinking the liver.

Second is the surgery itself, including the weeks post-op letting the body heal and return to normal.

Still have not entered the weight loss phase yet.

Third, the phase where, through a series of fills/unfills, to get the band properly adjusted to get to the place where everything comes together and the band works optimally. (green zone)

Lastly, there is the maintenenance phase.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH WHAT YOU SAID, I GUESS I DID THINK I WAS GONNA RIGHT AWAY START LOSING SOMETHING,I HAVE TRIED SO MANY DIETS IN THE PAST BEFORE THIS THAT I THOUGHT SINCE I LOST WEIGHT EATING LIKE THIS THEN, I DEF. WOULD NOW...I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SEE THE scales MOVE,EVEN 1 POUND....I DON'T CARE HOW LONG IT TAKES TO LOSE IT,AS LONG AS I DO...= )

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH WHAT YOU SAID, I GUESS I DID THINK I WAS GONNA RIGHT AWAY START LOSING SOMETHING,I HAVE TRIED SO MANY DIETS IN THE PAST BEFORE THIS THAT I THOUGHT SINCE I LOST WEIGHT EATING LIKE THIS THEN, I DEF. WOULD NOW...I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SEE THE scales MOVE,EVEN 1 POUND....I DON'T CARE HOW LONG IT TAKES TO LOSE IT,AS LONG AS I DO...= )

Don't worry. Just follow your Dr.'s directions and it will get better and easier!

I promise you are doing nothing wrong. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. There is no need to worry. I did the exact same thing. I'm 15 months post op now and 160 lbs. It WILL happen. As long as you follow the rules, you have nothing to worry about.

i have my band almot 2 years ago and only lost 42 pounds and now i cant loose a pound what can do more

i have my band almot 2 years ago and only lost 42 pounds and now i cant loose a pound what can do more

Have you contacted your surgeon?

Have you had any fills of your lap band since then? If we haven't had a fill it's too easy to eat things we shouldn't and end up getting more calories than we need.