Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Star Jones is SOOOO BUSTED!!!!!!

The interview I read didn't say "medical intervention" per se, but it did say she consulted with docs. I just want that white two-piece bathing suit in that photo up there!

When I was a teenager lumberjack, my mom saw an article in a rag-mag about a doctor who invented an injection to stop growing (longer story than that but you get the picture.) My mom wasn't able to find this elusive doc so she took me to UCLA for his famous treatment. How embarrassing - they couldn't believe anyone would rely on something from a rag-mag considering the procedure was never invented, let alone the article said the doctor used his own daughter in clinical trials, which would have been illegal.

Just like Playboy and Hustler, I LQQK at the pictures but I rarely read the articles! Maybe I should read more though since I thought a Talking Head was a musician.

how could of ann nicole had surgery...she models in a bikini

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

hmmm......Airbrush..just like all the other models airbrush their not so wonderful parts.

Kirstie Alley is the only one I believe is truly doing this on Nutrisystem. I believe her because she is losing slowly, but she is looking better all the time. She is also their spokesperson and they supply all her food, etc., even a personal trainer (like she could't afford her own). I doubt they would be sticking their reputation on the line if she wasn't doing this on Nutrisystem. She looks great, but the change has not been drastic very quickly. Bad part is once you go off it (and most people do) they start right back eating the way they used too. Kirstie lost a lot of weight before and put it back on just like all the rest of us. Gosh it must be horrible to be in the public spotlight all the time. As far as Star Jones goes, I have no doubt she had gastric bypass, but she is such an idiot that I don't pay that much attention to her. Anyone who marries a gay man has more problems than just weight!! (and yes it is well documented he has been in past relationships with men from a very young age, and this didn't come from a sleeze magazine). Star Jones doet protest too much!! This is much the same as Liza Minelli marrying David Guess who is also very gay. They have siome deeper issues then their weight they are carrying around.

Lisa, I agree with you in theory that there certainly could be repurcussions from Star admitting that she had WLS and anyone with a complication wanting to pin it on being influenced by her.

What I do have a HUGE problem with is the fact that even though she has made this very vague "medical intervention" reference, she really is strongly inferring that she lost the weight naturally. My Mom is (or perhaps I should say WAS) a fan of hers and has watched many of her interviews and read her book. Although I don't think anyone will DIE or SUE her for not losing weight naturally by following her advice, I think it's just not cool that she is selling a weight loss "system" (which is what my mother says the book basically is) to millions and eliminating the first CRITICAL step that she took to get there.

Having this band has not been a bed of roses for me, but I have lost 30+ pounds and kept it off, and plan to lose lots more. If I decided to write a book about my journey to successful weight loss, how could I NOT include the fact that I had WLS?? Sure, I have learned a lot about healthy eating, food pairing, the importance of Protein and Water, boosting my metabolism, and eating more slowly. Could I have learned these things without getting my band?? Sure. Would I have applied them as vehemently as I do with my band? What do you think?? How did we all get here in the first place?

By the way, Anna Nicole Smith did not have WLS as far as I know. My very dear friend is an assistant to her attorney (who is named Howard Stern, always thought that was funny). She is taking TrimSpa, and from what I understand another contributor to her weight loss is the fact that she has resumed her cocaine habit. That happened to be one drug that she gave up for a few years. Shocking, I know :-)

Can someone post the pic please, there is no chance me buying the mag here in Aus.

Thanks

My husband had gallbladder surgery about 9 years ago, has 5 scars and one is obviously bigger than the others....so you can't be sure by that. My friend had gallbladder surgery and a year later had gastric bypass laparoscopically...through the same incisions.

I saw the pics today! No, I didn't buy the mag. She definately has scars like mine. She definately had some type of Lap surgery. The scars have been there for a while, they are dark and raised. Like mine are red (I'm pasty white) and raised and my scars are almost a year old.

It was People magazine where she (Star) used the words "medical intervention", I think in the issue with Laci Peterson's mother on the cover.