Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Star Jones is SOOOO BUSTED!!!!!!

I just bought a copy of Star magazine and looking at the picture of Star Jones. I totally agree she had WLS. Check it out. February 20th copy, page 62.

man, why doesn't someone have a scanner! but i guess i don't have to buy now that i have the page # :)

At the risk of sounding like a snob--which I already know I am--I cannot IMAGINE why anyone would care what a couple of talking heads from televison do about their weight. (I guess that also explains why I'd never buy Jones' book, either.) And..my mother has lap surgery scars from having her gall bladder removed...

Sue

I just want to see how cute she looks in a bikini.

For those of you who say she looked better fat, maybe you are just used to seeing her heavy.

I have NEVER heard someone say about a beautiful woman, 'Gee, she would look better with an extra 150lbs.'

I think she looks wonderful and much, much healthier.

"Star is an icon for a lot of people, and a lot of obese people. If she would just admit what she had done, I think she would inspire many of her fans to follow suit to a healthier lifestyle, and she would help to remove some of the stigma of WLS because of her celebrity. What she is doing now is just being evasive and deceitful."

I read her interview, and she openly admits her reasons for not sharing her secret. She just doesn't want anyone else doing something just because she did. I posted this somewhere else, but could you imagine if people started asking for the "Star Jones Band?" That could be disastrous for her. If one single person had a bypass based on what Star Jones did and then had complications, the media and world would eat Star Jones AND her surgeons alive for advertising WLS. Even if she didn't advertise it, she's so well-known that anyone with sufficient resources would run out and have a bypass/band. Think about it, the world is a funny place. So that's why she's being evasive... can ya blame her?

I'm not defending her because I don't know who she is, I'm just conveying what I read. As far as her talking about smaller portions and healthier eating, it's not really a lie since that's what WLS forces you to do. Do I feel sorry for her? Heck no! Money can't buy you love, but it can take you anywhere ya wanna go shopping!!!

If you don't care about a couple of talking heads why read this thread?

To see who DOES care and to try to understand why those who DO care, care.

Someone scan and post the pic!

Talking heads are, admittedly, amusing to me. I flip through the mags at the grocery store. Yep. I do. And if it's one of those new $1.99 ones, I might buy it, especially if it has pages and pages of pics of these gorgeous women in their Award show gowns.

Call me shallow.

I read a quote from her in one of the mags about why she isn't saying anything, and I'm satisfied. She admitted to "medical intervention", if I'm not mistaken, and the Lap surgery scars confirm it, so long as the pic isn't doctored. As for which surgery she chose, we may never know.

And as shallow as I am, I suppose I'll live. It's still entertaining on a slow day. :)

Yup I saw those scars on her. I dont know why she tried to hide it.

Hi all-

I know there has been a lot of discussion about Star Jones and the "did she or didn't she???" question.

I am traveling, and when I travel, I always buy the cheesy tabloids because I get bored in hotel rooms. In this weeks issue of STAR magazine, there is a picture of Star on vacation, and she is wearing a bikini top and sarong.

Guess what is very visible on her belly???? Laproscopic surgery scars!! Maybe she should just go ahead and come clean now:heh:

Call me shallow. ...

And as shallow as I am, I suppose I'll live. It's still entertaining on a slow day. :)

YOU can call you shallow...I wouldn't do that. I guess I grew up too close to Hollywood and I'm too close to the subject matter (my daughter has worked in film and in other working-with-the-big-names gigs) to believe anything in a rag. I don't think people who DO care are shallow...just interested in things other than stuff I care about.

I am amazed that she can wear a bikini without first having a Tummy Tuck.

BTW, the scars don't necessarily prove anything - as someone said, similar incisions are made for gallbladder surgery. Now, if there are 5 incisions and one scar is obviously bigger ... that might be more convincing... :)