Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i was banded on Friday. I am able to eat as much Soup or broth as I want. Is that normal for liquids? I have no restriction so far.

Also, have any of you noticed a bloody nose after surgery? Well, its not really bleeding out, but when I blow my nose, it is bloody up in there :) Gross I know.

Probably not as much as you would want...try to listen to your stomach if you feel pain discomfort you should stop or slow down eating. After my surgery I kept on eating small "meals" a day. Or snacking all day...like 1/4 cup of broth and then a couple of hours later 1/2 a Jello cup etc...just pace yourself at your body's desire, it will tell you if its had enough.

As per the blood...maybe it just a coincidence?

In most programs, week 1 is Clear Liquids, broth, s/f Popsicles, sugar free Jello, etc. Week 2 is full liquids, Soup, very

thin mashed potatos, weeks 3 and 4 are mushies (food that will pass through a straw), week 5 is regular foods cut in

very small pieces and week 6 is a regular, balanced diet and chew, chew, chew. This diet was developed by the

ACS Centers of Excellence as a diet that best promotes healing and gives the best chance for bander success.

Doctors that don't belong to these professional associations may not recommend this diet, but it seems the most

reasonable for us. Those that choose not to follow their doctor's recommendations may be damaging their chances

for success.

I was banded on Friday Dec 9th too! Yay for us! I so far have tolerated liquids fine too. No nausea or anything. And seem to be tolerating 2 ounces at a time throughout the day. I also am eating ice chips. As for the blood in the nose sometimes the oxygen you got while in recovery can dry your nose and create this blood you see. I dont think there is a concern there. Good luck and lets keep in touch!

Thanks Best1. I would love to keep in touch since we both got band

ed on the same day!