Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Name Is Mike And I Am A December Bandster!

Hello everyone, I am new to the group but I decided to start my journey in September. I am currently in the Pre-op liquid diet phase. I am in my fourth day, my first three days were rough. I was craving so much food, lol. Things seem to have gotten better though. So I get my band surgery on 12/22. I am excited about it and nervous @ the same time. I have been doing a lot of research to prepare myself, also my doctor and his staff are great. I am developing my support group, and yes you guys are apart of it. I plan on asking for advice, giving advice, and being your supporter as I hope that you will be mine. Anyway, enough of my rambling, I look forward to getting to know each one of you through our journey to success. Sincerely, Vin

Hello Vin! I'm new here too and getting banded on Tuesday. (YIKES!!) I'm never been ready for anything in my entire life! We're all going to get through this together. This is a great community we have here, with tons of support, encouragement and advice.

Good luck on your journey!

Congratulations Lanie, I am happy for you and cheering for you. You are 100% right, we will get through this together. I look forward to your post after your surgery. Good luck with your journey.

Oops... I mean Mike. :)

OK!!laugh.png we in together!! 22 Dec here yipee... It will move fast -as only one more week then next week pre-op,,, then, then then!! yesss! let me know how you do. I'm taking my phn and will post soon as able to, or daughter will.

Congrats! I was just banded last week so am also a December bandster! We can all go through it together. I have already had some of the bandsters here talk me down from the food ledge on day 3 - it was tough! It gets easier as you can add back in the "mushy" foods or "mushies" as they call them here. So far I am experiencing a lot of restriction so that makes me feel good. I have lost right at 17 lbs since the pre-op diet and surgery. I had NONE of the scary pain, soreness, etc. Very little pain at all - I took 2 pain pills the 1st day post-op, 1 the 2nd day and none since. I'm looking forward to being on this site to get great advice, give my own and support each other through this journey. My family and friends are extrememly supportive and want to help but I also need help from those that have actually gone through it. I'm the 1st in my circle to get banded :)

Hope to "see" you on here often and let's lose this weight!

Grider that is awesome that we are doing it the same day. I will definitely update and follow your progress. We got this. TheasMom thank you. I am glad things went well. You are right, we will all get through together. I am glad I joined this group. It is nice to know and talk to people that are going through the same thing.

pre op dec 19, surger dec 22!

Good luck with your surgery! I had mine Nov. 30th and things seem to be going great. I am just starting to really want to eat! I was going to say hungry....but I am really not hungry....just want to eatincazzato.gif

I'm getting banded on 12/22 as well. Good luck to you

Good luck to everyone! I was banded 12-6-11. I have to agree with TheasMom the third day is most definately the hardest but it does get better!!!! So when you get to that point know your going though the worst of it and that you can do it!! =) Ive lost 17 lbs since my 5 day pre op diet and i couldnt be happier!

That is great that we are getting it done the same day, we can discuss each others experience through it. Congratulations ready for a new me, Are you able to workout yet? If so, what all are able to do?

Hi today is day 5 and i am hungry, I did do some zumba for 45 min so I guess that is why? I am behaving better today w just the shakes, but I def see that you should drink em when you hungry or feel down.. WHY cant we have lettuce? anyone know?

I do good in the day, but evening is always my problem. How you guys doing? our list of dec banders is growing! teeth_smile.gif

My name isz Kim, I am new here as well. Have been on pre op diet for 2 weeks. I have lost about 12 lbs. My surgery is tomorrow. Very excited about this Journey. Any words of wisdom regarding after surgery.

Hi all,

I was banded on 12/5 and the post op went well for me. I took the pain meds couple of times the first 2 days and then I didn't need. Good luck to all the upcoming Dec Bandsters!!

Kath