Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, I'm new here. I got banded 4 days ago, on Nov. 23, 2011. My incisions and the soreness are pretty good. The gas pressure in my chest is horrible. What to help with that??? My stomach growles alot and I am starving?!?!?! Why??? You guys with history of lap band, please help....

I will say that the best thing to do right now is walk as much as you can stand, if that doesn't help with the gas then try some type of gas reliever. The stomach growling well, mine seems to do that even when I'm full or, especially when it's near time to eat again. The pressure you feel in your chest when your eating is a sign that you may be full or you have eaten too much, be careful right now, your stomach is swollen and you cant overdo things. Good Luck

Thank you for the reply. Why do I feel like I'm starving? I am hungry!

Walking helped me with the gas pressure and I had a lot of discomfort from it. Some people will recommend the GAS X strips, but those did not help me at all. The hunger will pass as your move from the liquids to the mushies. Try not to focus on the discomfort at the moment. It will get better I promise. I went through the same emotional and discomfort rollercoster and things are better. I went through the why the heck did I do this to myself and wanting to eat the house up, but trust me things get better. Try to do some walking and see if that helps.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I was getting a lil discouraged sad_smile.gif I have been walking but I will walk more and more if that will take this away.

try gas strips. They worked for me.

Mylanta, Malax, Pepto Bismol will all help coat the stomach, and should help with some of the gas.

My surgeon puts all his patients on Pepcid Complete. You might want to help kill the Hunger too, liquid should help.

Also Drink your Protein shakes, that should help kill the Hunger Beast.

If you have to, so it stays a little longer on the stomach use a little less Water when you make your shakes.< /p>

Check your instructions, and call your Dietician if you have too.

Also we just posted on another thread about some Soups that are sold in the ORGANIC Area.of te Grocery Store. They are in tall Boxes One is Tomato Red Pepper Soup FANTASTIC ! Mushroom Soup is also very good. Pacific is the company. Good Luck !

Shirley..

Thanks Shirley. I will try the Soups.< /p>

The more Protein you can get in now the better. Try using low fat or soy milk in your shakes. I even blended in LF Peanut Butter at times. Sip Water all day. Once you get to mushies, the hunger will pass.

Sorry to hear you are feeling the same way I was... I called my Dr and they have already set up my first fill.. They said I already needed a fill.. So I will get my first fill 3 weeks post op.. So u need to call dr office and let them know.. They also went ahead and put me on soft mushies at day 5.. Be careful with your cheat one of the complications can be bronchitis... Mine Hirt really bad as well but taking nice deep breaths seem to help me thru it.. It hurt but helped but my lungs felt like they weren't quite right after surgery... I am still on mushies and feel a ton better now... It will get better I promise from that I'm starving to death and shakes and broth suck after so long of that being ALL you have, but girlie stick it out this is going to be great!!! And don't get to irritable at the Fam like I did.. Haha, I was a meanie!!!

Hello! I was banded the same day. I'm experiencing the same exact things. The gas pain in my shoulders is getting better. I went for a 3 mile slow walk yesterday and it def helped. As for being hungry.. I am starving too! But when I try to take in a Protein Shake I start getting the hiccups after a few swallows. If you haven't had the hiccups yet.. You're lucky. They hurt! I tried a Greek yogurt yesterday and nothing has ever tasted so good!!! I only ate half and took tiny spoonfuls. I was satisfied.

About th tummy rumbling... Dang.. My two year old thought a monster was in mamas tummy! I went out and bought gas x strips and they are amazing!!! Not sure if you've gotten that weird pressure in your chest where you feel like you have to burp, but can't. Whenever I feel that pressure, I tak a gas x strip and it goes away. It has also cut down on 90% of my tummy rumblings. Good luck and keep us posted.

The heating pad is the only thing that helped me with my gas pains. And a hot shower. Soon you'll wake up one morning and feel much better. It was day 9 for me.

As weird as this sounds...the one thing that almost CURED me of my gas issues in my shoulders post op...was the get on the floor and put my head and shoulders on the ground with my rump in the air and rock...it worked the gas out of my shoulders...and gas strips....I had DEBILITATING gas post op and someone told me to do this...thank GOD it helps SO much!

Hello! I was banded the same day. I'm experiencing the same exact things. The gas pain in my shoulders is getting better. I went for a 3 mile slow walk yesterday and it def helped. As for being hungry.. I am starving too! But when I try to take in a Protein shake I start getting the hiccups after a few swallows. If you haven't had the hiccups yet.. You're lucky. They hurt! I tried a Greek yogurt yesterday and nothing has ever tasted so good!!! I only ate half and took tiny spoonfuls. I was satisfied.

About th tummy rumbling... Dang.. My two year old thought a monster was in mamas tummy! I went out and bought gas x strips and they are amazing!!! Not sure if you've gotten that weird pressure in your chest where you feel like you have to burp, but can't. Whenever I feel that pressure, I tak a gas x strip and it goes away. It has also cut down on 90% of my tummy rumblings. Good luck and keep us posted.

We are going through the exact same thing :/ It will get better. I started mooshie food yesterday and it has helped alot.

Thank you all for your feed back. Doing much better!