Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You Feel The Lap Band Ring Post Op

Hi guys, do you feel the ring around the stomach after operation? do you feel or sense something is different? thanks

I'm on day 4 of my post op and I can't feel the ring exactly. I do feel different, just like my stomach is WAY smaller than it was pre-op. Other than that and a little bit of diaphram irratation due to swelling and remaing C02, I don't feel it at all.

Are you in UK or US? who is your doctor. I am so scared of the whole thing. What if the body dont like a foreign body. Good luck in your journey.

Tima, I'm in the US, my Surgeon was Dr. Ryder and my band is the Realize band. Read over my blog for some more indepth information about me and my surgery. The body is an amazing thing, the placement and materials used reduce most chances of rejection. Granted it is a potential outcome, but the best place to have that happen is the hospital right?

I am 11 days post op. I don't feel anything. I even tried feeling for my port, but I cant feel that either. I do notice a full feeling very early in a meal. but I dont feel the band.

How do you feel on day 4 Matt? I am scheduled to drive (in the evening) on day 4 back to Chicago where I have to work for 2 days on day 5 and 6. Then I am off again for several days. These days I will mostly be sitting. I hope I can do this!

I'm on day 4 of my post op and I can't feel the ring exactly. I do feel different, just like my stomach is WAY smaller than it was pre-op. Other than that and a little bit of diaphram irratation due to swelling and remaing C02, I don't feel it at all.

I had surgey on Nov 10th and the only thing I felt was the restriction from the little swelling after surgery but it is fine now. Each day gets better and I was off their pain meds three days after surgery but took liquid tylenol if I needed it. To be honest I really didn't need it.

Hi Matt. What is Realize Band. Sorry I am new to all this. I was totally lost between the sleeve and the band. I have tentative surgery date on 10th of Dec to have the Band.

Are you in UK or US? who is your doctor. I am so scared of the whole thing. What if the body dont like a foreign body. Good luck in your journey.

First of all....you will never "feel" the band. The area where it is placed doesn't have nerve endings that have the ability to feel something simply touching it. Second....the band is made of silicone so it's nearly impossible for the body to reject it! Relax, you'll be fine. Thousands of people have had this procedure and a very small percent have had complications. Unfortunately, those are usually the ones who post here.

How do you feel on day 4 Matt? I am scheduled to drive (in the evening) on day 4 back to Chicago where I have to work for 2 days on day 5 and 6. Then I am off again for several days. These days I will mostly be sitting. I hope I can do this!

I'm feeling ok, enough to walk a few blocks, but not much more. Driving sucks, every bump and change in lateral G forces hurts, not major, but it hurts none the less. Just remember that you will have damage to your core muscles that needs to heal, these muscles are in constant use when we are driving around, so I would advise taking your pain meds, keeping some liquids on hand and a pillow or 2. It's not impossible, but it sure is uncomfortable.

Hi Matt. What is Realize Band. Sorry I am new to all this. I was totally lost between the sleeve and the band. I have tentative surgery date on 10th of Dec to have the Band.

Tima, right now in the US there are only 2 Adjustable Gastric Band makers that are approved, Allergan and Realize. Allergan makes the Lap-Band system brand and Realize makes the Realize band brand.

Gastric sleeving is a stomach resizing by cutting out a large portion of the stomach without any re-routing of the intestinal tract. It is not usually reversable.

Banding reduces the volume of the upper portion of the stomach by way of the restrictive band, it is in most cases completely reversable.

Bypass is the resizing of the stomach by seperating the stomach into a small pouch and a lower unused section, the intestinal tract is re-routed causing malabsorbtion. This process is also not reversable.

I hope that helps clear up some of your confusion.

I am 2+ years and you can not feel the band, you can feel the port through the skin as you lose weight. Sometimes you can feel the food move through the band or if you get stuck you can feel when it does go through the band. Don't worry it is nothing strange and you will not be bothered by it.

Cheri

I'm a month post-op. I have never felt my band. I can feel the port. I sorta like being able to feel it. Sometimes I rub it for luck before sitting down for dinner or getting on the scale. LOL!

I understand what happens when you get stuck but what exactly does feeling restricted feel like? Like your full? bloated?