Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really Disgusted

I had the LapBand in November 2010. In the first 6 months I had lost about 50 lbs. I felt great, looked better and my clothes were about to fall off. Lost 2 pant sizes and 1 shirt size.. (Now the pre surgery clothes are beginning to feel good again and my feet are hurting when im on them all day..)Everythng was going great. My dr refused to give me another fill...I had 1 since my surgery until I walked out of his office and found another dr. He drained the Fluid and filled it back. It only had 1 1/2 cc since surgery and the 1 fill. My eating has become crazy. I can eat because I can. If it makes sense. I am regretting not having the GB instead. What do I do now?? Start over?? Go back to the nutritionist? WHAT??? TIA!!!

Tammy

Why did the first doc refuse you fills?

And the second one?

I think I'm missing something........blink.gif

I had the LapBand in November 2010. In the first 6 months I had lost about 50 lbs. I felt great, looked better and my clothes were about to fall off. Lost 2 pant sizes and 1 shirt size.. (Now the pre surgery clothes are beginning to feel good again and my feet are hurting when im on them all day..)Everythng was going great. My dr refused to give me another fill...I had 1 since my surgery until I walked out of his office and found another dr. He drained the Fluid and filled it back. It only had 1 1/2 cc since surgery and the 1 fill. My eating has become crazy. I can eat because I can. If it makes sense. I am regretting not having the GB instead. What do I do now?? Start over?? Go back to the nutritionist? WHAT??? TIA!!!

Tammy

Well, did the new doctor give you another fill or did he just put the 1 1/2 cc's back in? I hope he added more. If you think having more in your band will help then go for it. Sometimes we can make wrong food choices no matter how much we have in our band. I say "we" because I have been making poor food choices lately. I am at 7.7 cc's and it feels perfect but I am still eating ice cream, Cookies, and chips like a doe doe head! I was doing fine before I got married but now....oh, I'm supposed to be encouraging you! Sorry! Well, good luck with getting better fills and getting back into smaller sizes.

The 2nd dr did add 1/2 cc but still i stay hungry. The 1st dr said I didnt need a fill each time I went in.. He said I was never suppose to feel full. But I was never suppose to be hungry either. He always said I didnt need a fill even when I was gaining weight. I went in 4 different times and paid my copay and he wouldnt give me a fill..Only talk medical lingo that I interpretted as...eat 5 times a day, 30 minutes per meal, no Water 30 minutes before or after a meal, chew, chew, chew and small Snacks in between..Oh and 60 gr of Protein each day...thats it!!

Sorry, but that doesn't sound right at all. I'm only 4 weeks post-op, but my dr. already told me that once I get in the green zone, it will be 3 small meals a day, 30 minutes to eat, nothing to drink 30 min before or after a meal, and 80-100g of Protein each day. It's possible that if you are only eating 60g a day, that's why you are hungry. The Protein helps keep you full longer. My doc said I should be able to eat a meal (1/2 to 1 cup of food) and stay full for 4-5 hours. Any Snacks in between should be very small and protein rich (such as peanuts, Protein Bars, tuna, etc.)

I would just try and find another doctor that will give you a fill. It doesn't sound like either of these doc's know how the lapband works or how to use it. Most people require 4 or 5 fills before reaching the green zone. I'm patiently waiting for my first fill in a couple weeks.

I am almost 6 months post op and still trying to find my green zone..I have had 4 Fills and 2 unfills..grrrrr! My problem is being able to get in a nd see my doc as he only does fills on Monday and Friday..and every time I look up he's out of town...ugh..I didn't wanna go through thanksgiving with my band so loose but I don't have a choice...I was self pay so all my fills the first year are paid for ..I can't afford to just go to another doctor..but if u can I'd say go for it and really explain to them what the problem is..best wishes.

The funny thing is when I looked at Alex's link on finding the green zone there was a chart and it said you are in the read zone if you are eating chips, ice cream, and candy! I was like WOW! -how did he know what I was eating!! I think we are in the red zone which may be causing us to eat foods we can get down easily. I am still losing, but I have to really watch those food items.

chart.png

Well, did the new doctor give you another fill or did he just put the 1 1/2 cc's back in? I hope he added more. If you think having more in your band will help then go for it. Sometimes we can make wrong food choices no matter how much we have in our band. I say "we" because I have been making poor food choices lately. I am at 7.7 cc's and it feels perfect but I am still eating ice cream, Cookies, and chips like a doe doe head! I was doing fine before I got married but now....oh, I'm supposed to be encouraging you! Sorry! Well, good luck with getting better fills and getting back into smaller sizes.

Ok so today seems to be some better...Im going back to the 2nd dr as soon as I can get off work to go..however I am going back to my soft food stage..today i had sausage and eggs for Breakfast and refried Beans and cheese for lunch...so far no dinner yet...I need the Protein Shakes again so that will be on the agenda for next week...thanks for listening and giving advice...Im hoping it wasnt a mistake and im not too far gone!

I think I would be eating those foods not matter what zone I'm in...I think I'm in the green zone but I crave sweets and carbs (blame it on my PCOS) lol! I have never been big on Protein but I gave it a good try when I started this journey but now I need to get back to eating meat again or at least tuna. I went years without eating meat because I don't desire it. I really really could live off of mashed potatoes, oatmeal, and Cereal forever! I am going to seek some help very soon.

The funny thing is when I looked at Alex's link on finding the green zone there was a chart and it said you are in the read zone if you are eating chips, ice cream, and candy! I was like WOW! -how did he know what I was eating!! I think we are in the red zone which may be causing us to eat foods we can get down easily. I am still losing, but I have to really watch those food items.

chart.png