Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body Lift Tomorrow ! Nov 1 and my B'Day

Glad to hear you are doing better. I can not even imagine what a painful procedure that must be :o

I am glad you did well with it and are getting around much better :D

Sounds like it has brought you closer to your wife. As will the confidence you are gaining in yourself :D

BTW Happy Belated Birthday I know your surgery was that day and I wanted to tell you and forgot :P

the guy who wrote "EatStopEat" a book all about IF, also wrote a book "how much protein" and CW tells us to eat 1 gram Protein to 1 lbs lean mass but that is not true. Your small, you could easily make due with half that or be around 70 grams-ish. Eating more protein does not equal more muscle, the only thing that will really get you more muscle is weight training. Eat what feels right and don't stress that your not getting enough, some days you'll eat more than you need, other days you won't but it'll usually all work out.

the guy who wrote "EatStopEat" a book all about IF, also wrote a book "how much protein" and CW tells us to eat 1 gram Protein to 1 lbs lean mass but that is not true. Your small, you could easily make due with half that or be around 70 grams-ish. Eating more Protein does not equal more muscle, the only thing that will really get you more muscle is weight training. Eat what feels right and don't stress that your not getting enough, some days you'll eat more than you need, other days you won't but it'll usually all work out.

I disagree, if you are weight training without the proper amount of protein you are damaging your body. There are ways banded to get the protein. I used a personal trainer and he taught me how to get what my body needed. There are protein supplements that have only the amount of calories that they must have. :)

how did your lift go?

Hi things went well, feeling fairly good today and actually kind of back to normal, they took 3 of the 6 drains out yesterday. Finally starting to feel some of the swelling go down but it usually gets worse in the evening. The Drains are a pain and hard to deal with, its hard to believe that a week ago I today I was just getting back into my house. I am so glad it is over and the memories of those days are starting to fade. I think I am going to be pleased with the results have only had a few glimpses of the work as you have so many compression garments on. The PS seemed pleased as he looked over his work, the staff and Dr made some comments about how extensive the work was think it was more than he actually had thought, from how he described it he took maybe a foot off the front and maybe 10 inches from the back and he said he was pleased with how much he was able to tighten up my upper stomach muscles, I also had work done on the sides of the Chest and he said he removed a lot on the sides too.

Just so glad it is behind me.

Thanks

ROSS

So glad you are feeling better! I hope you continue to do well and just remember when the scale goes up a pound (once you are healed) it is cause you made choices that caused it to, it is not to be ignored. I am learning this a very hard way and I hope you do well with your new body and always take great care of your band!!!!!

Are you post before and afters once you are all healed up and the swelling is gone?:)

Hi all just wanted to update you all, 3 Plus weeks out and the last of my drains came out on Monday. Still swollen a bit but really starting to see the results, and I have to say already that this was so worth it!

reward your self for the hard work you have done and yes it is work . i too had a lower body lift done 8 weeks ago after losing 110 pounds all most 1/2 of my body weight skin was a issue. the morning i had the skin removed i went to the hospital wearing a size 14 skirt because of the tube of skin i came out wearing a size 8 skirt i am now in some 6. if i had to do it all over agin yes i do the band and yes i would reward my self with the skin removal best of luck

I just had my lower body lift last week. I went from 227 lbs to 126 lbs, I had my band surgery in Aug 2006. After 5 years I finally figured out that wishing for the excess skin to shrink does not work.

I am still very swollen and have little to no desire to eat.

I am happy to connect with others out there who are going through the same.

Nadine

Glad your surgery went well Nadine.

It has been a while since OP posted. How are things going with your recovery?

Congrats Nadine. I am not there yet, but PS is all I think about. Keep us posted please. Have a good recovery.

I am doing really well so far. The last time I took a pain killer was 22 hours ago hopefully I won't need one tonight. I am also starting to be able to sit upright though not for long periods of time so I am mainly either standing or I am lying down.

Thank you so much for your kind words.

HI All, Wanted to give you all an update! Things are going well and it is amazing what this Dr. Has done, the scale is not moving like I would like but I am still swollen but that is getting better, its been 4 weeks now, down 8 lbs from the surgery day, but understand I made the mistake of getting on the scale a few days after surgery and was up 10 lbs due to the Swelling. But anyway the Dr said not to worry about the Scale and just go by your clothing. Even when I was 10 lbs up just after surgery I was smaller in my clothes.

This is a major surgery and maybe because I was on the bigger size the swelling is taking it time but it is amazing already the results.

I have my first business trip next week to Costa Rica and still not sure what to wear, real pants are a bit of a pain between the compression garments and still some swelling things tend to slide down, but will try to deal with it. Had my jeans on today and they are swimming on me. But don't want to get anything until the swelling is down as your body is changing.

Think the biggest difference will be in a bathing suite next summer I am really happy with my new belly button! HA HA HA and my flat abs. The scaring is not not bad at all, I had some chest work done too on the sides and I was concerned as they were really raised but they have now gotten flat, they are red but the Dr said that the redness peaks around 4 weeks or so, the lower scars are not bad at all

the dr did use the glue on top which I think makes a big difference. He also said we may do another small procedure in the spring as I have had a lot of swelling where the pubic area meet the stomach and he thinks when the swelling is finally gone the skin may be wrinkled so he said he wants to due a little tuck to take care of it. (Also included)

So 4 Plus weeks out, feeling good, not 100% Yet and still a bit sore, but so glad I did this. My only regret is I didn't take many before pictures did take a few which I will try to post some time.

It is strange to have people wanting to rub your tummy! HA HA

Take care my friends.

Ross The Boss

I am planning on getting a lower body lift at the end of May, beginning of June. I just received a quote from Dr Quiroz in Mexico....$4,000 for lower lift and $2,500 for inner thigh lift. I will be calling his office within the next 2 weeks or so to schedule my plastics ;))