Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ive been banded a week and two days, I feel my appetite coming back and im scared

How do I conquer this?

Just know that this is normal. You don't have any restriction and your body is healing from the surgery. It is frustrating but it is entirely normal in our journey as bandsters.

I was banded on Oct 14 and lost 17 pounds in the first 4 weeks. I'm now at a standstill and I had my first adjustment last week. I'm hungry! My second adjustment is the day before Thanksgiving! I hope it helps.

How do I conquer this?

See Carol that's my dilemma too. I'm scared because my appetite is coming back, I've lost eighteen since preop diet and I don't get first fill until after Thanksgiving:(

I've lost 21 since pre op. I was banded 10/12. My first fill is in three weeks. I get hungry but I'm using the " my fitness pal" website to track my Protein, cals ,etc. It tracks everything. I love it. Even though I get hungry, I am trying to stick with a program of eating about 1000 cals and keeping my protein over 65 gm per day. Keeping track is keeping me focused while I enter bandsters hell. I continue to lose. I see the nutritionist next wednesday. The " my fitness pal" site even let's you enter your weight and how quickly you want to lose. It then calculates how many cals you should have. I like the visual aids. It helps me stay focused. Check it out.

Lots of veggies and Protein is how I plan to combat Bandster Hell. I also plan to walk a lot when I get the munchies. I am told that physical activity can help stave off the hunger. I plan to try everything I can not to gain weight. I have lost 55 pounds since I started my Quest for the band and I'll be darned if I gain any of it back. I plan to have a Thanksgiving meal at work on the 22nd and then with my family but I plan to eat small portions and take a long walk after each meal.

Good luck to everyone going through Bandster Hell over the holidays!!

I'm having an adjustment the day before Thankgiving. Perfect timing!!

Lots of veggies and Protein is how I plan to combat Bandster Hell. I also plan to walk a lot when I get the munchies. I am told that physical activity can help stave off the hunger. I plan to try everything I can not to gain weight. I have lost 55 pounds since I started my Quest for the band and I'll be darned if I gain any of it back. I plan to have a Thanksgiving meal at work on the 22nd and then with my family but I plan to eat small portions and take a long walk after each meal.

Good luck to everyone going through Bandster Hell over the holidays!!

I'm having an adjustment the day before Thankgiving. Perfect timing!!

Ditto ! That kind of attitude is what it takes to get threw the rough part.

I know what you all are going threw, and activity, and Protein shakes helped deaden the hunger, not kill it, but it did take the edge off.

Now is the time you join a site like myfitnesspal.com and it keeps track of all your intake. calories, Protein, and exercise.

It's Free ! and it will let you see your calorie intake for the day, so you won't go over . It's a good thing, and I belong to it too, and I wish

they had something like this out when I first got Banded. It was logging by book then. So this is great, and your stuff is in Memory too.

It is normal for the appetite to come back. You have little or know fills. It can take 3-5 fills to really see a difference. So keep practicing

your diet that your Dr. gave you, and stay under the calorie limit too, and you won't gain weight. If you do it will only be a temporary

thing. It will come off. You can also view other peoples Diary, and see what they are eating. This way you get some Tips.

A lot of us are there from this site. I am Losingintime on that site.

Hope this helps, Shirley.

How do I conquer this?

Dont be afraid what you are feeling is normal...Relax...You have made the right decision. Just do want your doctor tells you to do and you will be fine. You havent even had your first ajustment yet as of right now you have a normal stomach. The weight will come off.

My appetite started coming back too around 3 weeks after surgery. I stopped losing weight. I really don't notice a big difference with my first fill, but many seem to say they have to find the sweet spot. I really can't wait for my second fill in 3 weeks. Don't get discouraged. I went a little crazy eating last weekend and put on 2 pounds. I got right back on track on Monday, I weighed myself this morning, and I took off 3 pounds! But sometimes, I just have to give into my hunger or I'm miserable. But I notice with the band, I can get back on track whereas before the band, I would have gained all 17 pounds back and then some by now!

See Carol that's my dilemma too. I'm scared because my appetite is coming back, I've lost eighteen since preop diet and I don't get first fill until after Thanksgiving:(

I NO ! that's the truth !