Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

16 Months out

Just wondering how everyone was doing who got banded in July 2010.

What is ur weightloss?

What foods do you avoid?

What is still your weakness?

What can u still eat that u did before the band?

What things happen that totally puzzle you?

Have you found ways around your band?

I was banded July 16, 2010... I have lost 70lbs so far.

Foods to avoid: Bread-Noodles- sliced deli meats

Ice Cream and Hot Caramel Mocha w/nonfat milk are my total weakness

Pretty much anything i haven't mentioned in my foods to avoid.

Slime totally puzzles me.. And the Loud from your toes burps. I tell my hubs it just means my pouch just emptied.

If I drink something HOT first thing in the Morning I am good all day. If I drink something cold I am only doing liquids that day.

133 pounds lost

Foods I avoid - scrambled eggs, rice, bread (altho, i can eat if I really take it easy)

Weakness - Skinny Cow Mint Ice Cream Sandwich or Weight Watcher dark chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Bars -

I can pretty much eat anything I ate before, I avoid the things that have caused me problems but every now and then I REALLY want a hamburger so I have one. It may take me an hour to eat it but I can do it without getting stuck if I really want to.

Puzzled, by slime and the excessive amount of gas :blink:

Can I eat around my band, yep... just drink with my meals (I rarely do this but once in a while if I go out to eat I'll have Water with my meal)

Continued Good Luck to you!

If I drink something HOT first thing in the Morning I am good all day. If I drink something cold I am only doing liquids that day.

Hmmmmm.... interesting, now you got me thinking. Gonna experiment!

Hello, i have a question? are you saying that if you drink something hot in the morning.... you are not hungry all day?

Hello, i have a question? are you saying that if you drink something hot in the morning.... you are not hungry all day?

Nope I am saying if I drink something Hot in the morning I dont have a bit of problems getting food down. I usually never have a stuck moment. I guess it loosens up the opening. If I drink something cold, Like Muscle Milk i am extremely tight all day and have a real hard time with anything.

OK THANKS!!

I was banded July 20, 2010 and I lost about 30 lbs by November 2010, then my dad found out he had colon cancer. I decided to travel back and forth 200 miles every 10 to 12 days (home for three and back for 10 to 12 more days) to take him to his treatments because my mom doesn't drive. I did that until May of this year and when I came home I just didn't care because it had been such a stressful year. Now I am trying to get back on track, but I don't have much restriction and I'm hungry all day long. Do you have any suggestions, you sound like a very positive person and I could use some help! Thanks

Just wondering how everyone was doing who got banded in July 2010.

What is ur weightloss?

What foods do you avoid?

What is still your weakness?

What can u still eat that u did before the band?

What things happen that totally puzzle you?

Have you found ways around your band?

I was banded July 16, 2010... I have lost 70lbs so far.

Foods to avoid: Bread-Noodles- sliced deli meats

Ice Cream and Hot Caramel Mocha w/nonfat milk are my total weakness

Pretty much anything i haven't mentioned in my foods to avoid.

Slime totally puzzles me.. And the Loud from your toes burps. I tell my hubs it just means my pouch just emptied.

Hi All,

I was banded July 7, 2010. I have lost 75. Been stuck at this weight loss for at least 6 mos. I just can't seem to hit the 80 pound loss mark.

Last week I started getting sharp pains in the middle of my back when liquid or food is digesting. I can barely eat anything solid without getting this pain. I am wondering what is going on..

Before this pain, on a regular day I can have coffee, banana, turkey, Soup and crackers for lunch. Then for dinner maybe I'll nibble a bit from

the reg dinner my sis cooks, or if im good, ill have peppers, hummus, yogurt. Im a sucker for chips and salsa and chocolate with red wine...

I have to start running again, that made a huge difference in my weight loss. But right now I'm

just worried about this pain. My regular doctor no longer works for 1800GetSlim so I need to find a new one in the Los Angeles area. Suggestions??

Dena

I was banded on July 28th so yesterday was my 3 anniversary. I go tomorrow to see the surgeon. I weighed 247 Six weeks ago and I have lost 10 pounds since then. I am nervous about going. The surgeon is new to me. He is not my reg. Surgeon. He flat out told me to stop playing and get serious. I weighed 318 when I started this adventure and I have had a lot of life changes since then that has effected me. My question is what should I weigh since its been three years. Im 5'2 and 35 years old. I have had 3 children and my body has changed. He says I should weigh 150. I am afraid I will look sick

Im sure you have gotten to the bottom of your sharp pains since your last post. How are you doing now?