Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it possible???

Hello everyone. Is it possible to lose inches and not pounds? Unfortunately I did not take any measurements prior to being banded. I feel like my clothes are getting baggier and baggier but I've only lost a couple pounds since my first fill (which was last Monday, 10/3). The scale doesn't seem to be moving as quickly as I'd like (although I am eating my Protein and doing all the right things) but yet my clothes feel like they are getting looser and looser. Has anyone else went through this? Is it possible?? Thank you all for any comments in advance :)

I made the same mistake of not measuring before I had the procedure, so I know how you feel. I am in the same boat. I had stalled on my weight for about 2 weeks and still felt like I lost inches. Now the weight is s-l-o-w-l-y coming back off again. dry.gif

I'm in the same boat, I g

Sorry, I'm in the same boat, I got banded on 8/19 and had my first fill 9/24 and since my fill I have only lost 5 lbs. But I'm down from a size 20 pants to a size 16 jeans. I record and watch what I eat and I do zumba 4 days a week, so hopefully the scale will show some results soon.

I should have measured myself!! I've lost only 10 lbs (5 the wk before surgery and 5 after band) but i guess I lost most in my face cause clothes dont feel any different.

I'm down 3 pants sizes but have only lost 22 lbs since surgery(9 and 1/2 weeks ago). I'm definitely losing inches faster than lbs. But I'm ok with that.

Thank you all for your comments. It's nice to know I'm not alone. Much to my suprise I have dropped 5 lbs in the last week after weighing myself this morning. I guess sometimes we will lose the inches before we lose the weight. And your right, either way it is definitely a positive. After losing 21 lbs I have went from an 18 to a 14 pant size and I am beyond estatic. Losing weight makes me want to try even harder each and every day to get to goal. Prior to the band not losing was the frustrating part and the reason I always went off and decided to eat more. Not a good habit at all.

Same happened to me. During August and September I lost only 2 pounds.....but I went down a size. Everyone had complimented me and could see that I was losing! (?? ) ~ only 2 pounds in 8 weeks??? I was confused, but so glad I was in a smaller size. You would think that exercise would be the reason...but to be honest... I wasn't as good as I should have been in that area during that time either.

I just got another fill on Oct. 1st and have lost over 8 pounds since. I'm feeling GREAT ... and now can see there is REAL hope of reaching my goal.

I have a work related cocktail party on in Feb. 2012... and I already bought the most adorable black dress. It's a brand new $260 designer dress I got on ebay for $50. Size 10 Petite.... I received the dress in the mail this past week and it's just perfect!!! Now I have to work hard to reach my goal of getting into it.

Just a suggestion...even if you didn't measure yourself before being banded, you can still do it now. At least you'll have a reference point NOW. I know you cal lose inches without losing weight from my own weight loss experiences, so I took my husband's measurements the day before he was banded. I plan on re-measuring at the 1-month mark.

Kathy

I don't care what the scale says as long as I can wear a size 10 jeans without a muffin top :biggrin3:

Yes, it's possible!! My scale wouldn't budge for almost a month, but I've had to buy smaller bras during that time!!!

And go measure yourself NOW!!! so what if it's not the starting point, it will be a place to look back from time to time to see how far you've come....especially on days when you feel like the scale isn't moving!!

Good luck!!

Its also possible to gain pounds and not inches. I've regained about 10lb since having chemo and such and I've worked pretty hard in the gym to make sure I improved my muscle - i could tell by the look of my body I lost a lot of lean muscle. I've not gained size at all apart from the hollowness and gauntness in my face and neck.

You're absolutely right, you can be sure I will be taking my measurements tonight when I get home from work. :rolleyes: