Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHAT EXCERSIE NOT TO DO

I was wondering if there is any exercises to void i am not talking about right after surgery i am talking long term. i was doing jumping jacks and it was very uncomfortable i have had my band a year.

I don't do sit ups. To much scar tissue, and to many surgeries

Depending on how well your surgeon stitched in the port anything ab related is gonna hurt like a son of a b. Nature of the beast of having a foreign object stitched into the actual muscle. I would not say avoid them but just go easy, especially just starting out and I definitely wouldn't start them until at least 30-60 days post op to allow it to heal.

I 'VE HAD MINE FOR A YEAR, MY STITCH CAME LOSE SO IT MOVES..

Depending on how well your surgeon stitched in the port anything ab related is gonna hurt like a son of a b. Nature of the beast of having a foreign object stitched into the actual muscle. I would not say avoid them but just go easy, especially just starting out and I definitely wouldn't start them until at least 30-60 days post op to allow it to heal.

O that sucks than yeah anything ab related, jumping related is gonna pull on the remaining stitches. That is why I love Dr Ponce that man uses probably 15 or 20 stitches all the way around I dont think I have ever heard of him having one come loose yet.

I have a metal ring in mine holding it threw the muscle, besides stitched in place.

If I were you,,, I think I would walk or swim,, but keep it low impact....

Shirley.

Low impact is better for anyone. Jumping jacks, like running just pound on your joints and all your soft tissue sags. For those of you who love to run, great, but walking has all the same benefits if the distance is the same, it just takes longer.If you are quite overweight of course all the pounding is even worse. I would recommend stationary bile, elliptical, or anything in the pool which is mostly NO impact!

YEAH I WAS TRYING A JULIAN MICHAELS CD I GUESS SHE IS WAY OUT OF MY LEAGUE LOL

My band is two years old.... lost 80 lbs.... i have no exercise restrictions from either my doctor or my trainer. Do only what you can confortably. I work out 4 times a week with a personal trainer. I also have a total hip replacement that was done last year. The only thing i can't do is run- too much impact on the hip joint. I do a cardio warm up and then strength training with bands and weights. I haven't had any issues with the port site.

Good luck!!

I have 2 artificial Knees, so I walk in the summer, and Gym, or pool in the Winter.

135# lost and no long term restrictions. Run a lot and have done a lot of P90X stuff without any trouble. Now, if anything came lose I would ask my MD.

My band hasnt stopped me being a hard core exercise junkie. I've run, done bootcamp (the real stuff, hitting huge tyres with a sledgehammer or dragging tyres across the football ground kinda stuff), done Body Pump, Spinning, sandbag training, ab work, you name it, I've never had a problem with band or port and I've also never (touch wood) had an injury.

The thing I struggle with most is spinning - it really upsets my knees and that's no impact.

some high impact activity is important - it builds bone density in a way that cycling or swimming or the elliptical cant but you dont need a ton of it. it certainly wont affect your band or port if both are properly in place.

Dang I wish I could find a real bootcamp class. The only one offered here is a lot of pylometrics only with steps and risers, and then some outdoors stuff running, i want the good stuff like what you got!!

Also talk to your doc about having the port looked at. If you are self pay I would think that they should have to do the repair for free because there is honestly nothing you could physically do to yourself WRONG that would cause that to happen. It's not like you picked at the stitches or used your abs too much. If you are not self pay then I would think it would fall under a copy with your insurance but every insurance is different. I would honestly look into having it repair sooner than later because it could weaken the remaining stitches to the point they fail and the port becomes loose or with only one set of stitches the port can flip and then you cannot have any more fills until they cut you back open and flip it over.