Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Period / Lap Band Surgery

I have my period, a week early. Surgery is in 2 day. Do I have anything to worry about? I think the liquid prediet really messed me up :(

Should be fine. Call your doctor's office if you're worried. It's a question they will have had many times before. I had the same situation when I was booked in for a colonoscopy and it wasn't a problem.

I have my period, a week early. Surgery is in 2 day. Do I have anything to worry about? I think the liquid prediet really messed me up :(

Hey don't worrry my period was on when i had my surgery in Aug

i work in an OR. Dont worry its fine

Thanks everyone!!!

I started my period the day before my surgery. It was all fine. I was so embarrassed they had to do the catheter but they were all good and gave the standard nurse/dr answer that they see blood all the time. No big deal. Good luck!

I got my period the day of the surgery and it was no problem.

I feel so much better after reading this. I too got my period a day prior to surgery and was nervous about it. My take it must not be an issue because with all the pre op questions it was never asked by anyone. The only negative to it was that I usually get one day with a really bad headache with my period and two days after surgery I had the worst headache and the pain medication I was given made me sick. Needless to say it wasn't a fun day.

Should be fine. I had my period when I was banded. It's all laproscopic so they're not rooting around inside.

Keep in mind for some people surgery will mess up your schedule after (mine didn't at all)

I'm curious about this because I'm scheduled for surgery the week I'm supposed to get my period. Did they allow you to wear a tampon or pad during the surgery? Were you allowed to even wear underwear during surgery?

I'm curious about this because I'm scheduled for surgery the week I'm supposed to get my period. Did they allow you to wear a tampon or pad during the surgery? Were you allowed to even wear underwear during surgery?

They gave me mesh-ish underwear to wear with my pad... not sure about tampons..

I wore underwear and a pad.