Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings. Everyone is doing really well and that is so great to see. I am exercising more often and since I just had my second fill this past Monday, I still find it hard to eat my regular foods so I am doing my soft mushy foods for now. Thanksgiving wasn't the easiest with all the tempting dishes around and I did gain two pounds since I had more room to eat and gladly managed to lose it the week after. Good luck to all of you, I wish you continued success.

weight.png

Had my second fill today!

It went really well!

I just have a headache since i'm on liquids again for a day.

My weight loss has stalled, yet i am going to the gym every other day, or everyday with the weekends off.

This weekend is tough!

I think i'm catching a cold, plus with pms, i'm not in the finest condition! bah! rolleyes.gif

Well this day is almost over, and tomorrow with begin fresh!

Holy Cow I had a crappy week! wacko.png Fought pneumonia and a sinus infection all week long. Of course that meant I didn't feel like exercising or eating right. I did have Soup, but it was chicken noodle, so high sodium and high carbs. AND, ice cream! OMG, what the heck is wrong with me?!? LOL, I know it was wrong, but it really made me feel better. I'm scared to get on the scale. Tomorrow's a new day though, and I've already packed my healthy lunch, so back on track for me. Hope everyone has a great week!

[

Had my second fill today!

It went really well!

I just have a headache since i'm on liquids again for a day.

My weight loss has stalled, yet i am going to the gym every other day, or everyday with the weekends off.

This weekend is tough!

I think i'm catching a cold, plus with pms, i'm not in the finest condition! bah! rolleyes.gif

Well this day is almost over, and tomorrow with begin fresh!

I feel you I am sick and the red tide has rolled in. Really?? fellow banders.....

I am having a strange problem....

Some meals I eat and have absolutely no problem. Then, out of the blue, the next day I may nearly throw up after just a few bites. I'm chewing well and following the rules. Is anyone else having a problem like this? I am not understanding why some meals I can eat and others not.

[

Well, I checked the scale when I get dressed Thanksgiving morning, before I hit the road for my vacation. I got back into town Saturday, and checked the scale this morning - and to my surprise I was down 3.4 lbs. My goal was to not gain wait while I was gone, so I was thrilled with the results.

When I got home on Saturday, one of my dogs had gone downhill dramatically in the week and a half I was away. I had friends staying at the house with them, so they could stay at home and not have to be boarded. I had a very bad night Saturday with her, so I took her in to the emergency clinic yesterday morning, and I had to make the decision to put her to rest. I'm still pretty much of a mess today, and suspect I'll be a mess for a while, but I could not put her through what was ahead, as the best possible outcome would have been months of medication before there would be a noticeable improvement. There was only a small chance that was even the problem, and the other options were all worse. So today I thank God for the 15 years he gave her to me, and pray she's at peace and that I made the right decision.

Before the band, I'd have used food to comfort me - but I can honestly tell you that I have absolutely no desire to eat what so ever, so this is a good thing.

Well, I checked the scale when I get dressed Thanksgiving morning, before I hit the road for my vacation. I got back into town Saturday, and checked the scale this morning - and to my surprise I was down 3.4 lbs. My goal was to not gain wait while I was gone, so I was thrilled with the results.

When I got home on Saturday, one of my dogs had gone downhill dramatically in the week and a half I was away. I had friends staying at the house with them, so they could stay at home and not have to be boarded. I had a very bad night Saturday with her, so I took her in to the emergency clinic yesterday morning, and I had to make the decision to put her to rest. I'm still pretty much of a mess today, and suspect I'll be a mess for a while, but I could not put her through what was ahead, as the best possible outcome would have been months of medication before there would be a noticeable improvement. There was only a small chance that was even the problem, and the other options were all worse. So today I thank God for the 15 years he gave her to me, and pray she's at peace and that I made the right decision.

Before the band, I'd have used food to comfort me - but I can honestly tell you that I have absolutely no desire to eat what so ever, so this is a good thing.

I pray that you may find comfort and peace during this tough time. Cherish and treasure all the great memories that you shared with her. My heart goes out to you and I have said a prayer for you. Be blessed and comforted knowing that though she may be gone in flesh, her spirit is with you forever. pray2.gif

Awww, Pugs, sorry about your loss. May the memories comfort you during this sad time. It's so hard to have to make that decision. I've been there and feel your pain. On the plus side, good for you for not turning to food to comfort you!

Hi Sept 2011 bandsters!

It's been a while since I posted, so I'm due. I had my first fill on Oct 19, and am due for my second on Dec 22. I don't "feel" much restriction, but I'm definitely eating less than before. Perhaps I'm expecting too much.

Generally, I weigh myself on Monday morning -- the "week - a - versary" of my surgery on Sept 12th, and this week I was back to 188, where I was about three weeks ago, before a little up and down. I was prepared to report that I was frustrated when I met with the bariatric psychologist this afternoon. (as in, waaaa -- my weightloss has stalled!), so I weighed myself this morning. Surprise! I'm down to 185.2, a three lb loss from Monday. This puts me at a 40 lb loss from my high point, or 25 from surgery. That's just over two lbs a week in 12 weeks. So I am loosing! Again, perhaps I'm expecting too much!

Made me realize that our "weight" as measured on a scale really varies from day to day, due in part to what we've eaten, if we've had a bm, our cycles, etc. I've always known this, but sometimes it's easy to forget when we see the scale go up and down, and we get discouraged.. This is the reason my psychologist says NOT to set weight goals, only behavioral goals since that is really the only thing you can really directly control. Behavior goals as in: walk 1 hour twice a week, or don't eat after the dinner meal, etc. If you say "my goal is to weigh 180 by New Year's and you eat salty food the night before, and you are 181, does that mean you are a failure? She says this just sets you up for failure.

What I need to do is adjust my expectations! I'm eating less, walking more and loosing weight!

As I've said a million times, and more than once in this forum, slow and steady wins the race!

Have a great week, everyone and stay positive!

Lisa in a rainy, but surprisingly warmish NYC.

Well I had my first painful meal with slime and some vomit. I had a pork chop, which I'd had before my last fill. It was a little tough but I chewed it well and took my time. I'd taken two bites of my carrots and got hit with PAIN and then discomfort. I guess pork chops are off my diet for a while.

It is four hours later and I'm uncomfortable but not in pain. I wondered what it would be like. Now I know. I certainly don't want any food tonight!

(null)

Morning, just checking in. My husband has been in the hospital for 2 weeks. My blog explains what is going on. He's almost died a few times, but finally on transplant list. My working out efforts are o.k. but I'm so tired and don't have time. I have also uploaded a few pics.

Morning, just checking in. My husband has been in the hospital for 2 weeks. My blog explains what is going on. He's almost died a few times, but finally on transplant list. My working out efforts are o.k. but I'm so tired and don't have time. I have also uploaded a few pics.

I hope your hubby gets his transplant and is soon on the road to recovery. I can't imagine what you are going through. You are an amazing woman! Stay strong!!

These last couple of days have not been good. I can't seem to stop eating. I've been baking holiday Cookies and tasting those, and making party mix and tasting that, and the fact that I can't seem to control this "tasting" has really gotten me down.....

I hear ya Sharilo! This season is really hard! I want to do some baking but I know I will probably eat 50% of what I bake, lol. It is hard because it seems there are goodies of some sort everywhere. Don't get down on yourself just start a new day tomorrow. You have had awesome weight loss so don't beat yourself up.

I hear ya Sharilo! This season is really hard! I want to do some baking but I know I will probably eat 50% of what I bake, lol. It is hard because it seems there are goodies of some sort everywhere. Don't get down on yourself just start a new day tomorrow. You have had awesome weight loss so don't beat yourself up.

Thanks Dawn! I just feel slightly foolish because I did so darn good at Thanksgiving and now I'm like some crazy woman who can't put the cookie down. But you are right, tomorrow is a new day!!

Hello everyone

I thought I am the only one who is cheating again and is not loosing weight as a snowman in April.

Banded 9/19/11, from highest lost 50 lbs, from surgery - 30.

First fill 10/22/11, 5 cc in 14 cc band.

Actually did not feel restriction at all neither after the surgery, not after the 1-st fill. Just couple of mild episodes right after the fill.

I am a big girl,and 50 lbs is only 30% of the weight I have to loose. Meanwhile- all has stopped, I am plus-minus 2-3 lbs for almost a month.

Though I eat 1/3 of what I used to eat, I started cheating- sweets, bread, meat.< /p>

I have feel like band related motivation is over.

I thought I should have the second fill somewhat in November, but the doctor could not accomodate me until 12/22/11, so I am on my own.

Is anyone experiencing something similar ?

NYC Girl, thank you for the idea with psychologist. I have forgotten about this option, but for me may be very expensive thing- I have HIP, and psycologists on the panel are good but not quite experienced with weight loss.

Any advice ?