Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Pugs

I think you should go. I'm 5'2" 240 currently so prob more than 100lbs by all those charts. I fit in a plane. I wear a bathing suit. Since I hit my 40s I do everything I can. I just don't have the inhibitions I had when I was younger. I wouldn't make the zipline weight but I could get in a kayak. The world is full of different sized shaped people. Embrace what you love about your body and focus on that You should go and enjoy. Feb is still months away and such

great motivation to keep your eye on the prize. Take every

opportunity in life to enjoy it. Don't hold back :)

Dear Pugs

I agree with onmyway. Having lived 100 pounds overweight for the last 10+ years, I've traveled, I've hiked, I've been on tours. There have been a few times where the 100 pounds was an issue but overall I've enjoyed my travels. You may be seeing yourself in past situations, but I know I would have gone to Hawaii at 100 pounds overweight! Yes it would be nice to go as a size 10, but you will get enjoyment on the trip. Wear compression socks on the flight. Stay hydrated. Go to a luau and have some of tbat very tender roasted pig! The poi may be too heavy for the band (I never liked it.)

Today I am only do the mile walk for Pancreatic Cancer instead of the 5k run. But next year, watch out, my running shoes will be on!

How did your walk for cancer go? My employer has a 5K walk/run in honor fallen officers every Fall. My goal is to be in that race next year.

I had my first fill yesterday. They had me recorded as losing 16 lbs since the surgery and I lost 12 before so that makes 26. I thought he would numb the site or something but nope....just cleaned it and stabbed that needle in there. Luckily he hit it on the first try. It hurt...but only for a little. He put 4 cc's in (mine will hold 11 cc's total). I was nervous about eating anything but so far as long as I chew and hold to the cup volume I'm fine. I ordered the 4 side dish special with a glass of milk. I made two meals out of it for less than $10. I need to get the word out to all of the single guys about how cheap a date with me can be. (snort snicker snicker)

The weather was great if a little cool and the walk went well, thanks for asking, Janice. Next year I am running in the 5k for sure. That is my goal. It is a cause very dear to my heart. And raised enough money to meet my goal so that was fantastic!

Bromo, That is awesome you finished the mile! Just think where you will be next year too!

Pugs, I think you will really regret it if you don't go to Hawaii. Just enjoy what you can and use the trip for motivation to get some more of the weight off. Take advantage of it :)

Ugh. Frustrated. I have been hovering around 186.6 to 186.8 for the past couple of weeks. I kicked up the walking last week and on friday when i weighed it was 186.0. Yesssss!!! Or so i thought. Last night i ate chips and queso and it had sausage in it. This morning i decided to weigh myself. 186.6. I dunno if it was from the salt in the chips or sausage. But ugh! So now I am cranky! And I am constipated (tmi, i know but its adding to my crankiness). AND that one incision is still goopy and unhealed. Seriously. Surgery was 9/22 and i still have a freaken open wound??!! Just when it starts to get better it looks worse. Its right at my pant line so sitting rubs it. Its also on my left side and i sleep on my left side so i dont think thats helping. A nurse friend of mine told me not to get it wet bc it seems like when the scab is soft from the Water it busts open. I have been covering it when i shower but i cant keep it covered 24 hrs bc then it doesnt scab up. Ugh. At least it isnt my port incision. I ate pizza friday night....just remembered that. And then i wonder why i gained .8 in 2 days. Lol. 1 slice and it went down ok as long as i chewed like crazy. No way would it have gone down if I'd had a fill. My goal is also 50#s by christmas which i think is reasonable. My long term goal at this point is around 150. That is what i got down to after my first baby (granted i was 21). I looked in my medical records to see what i weighed then and it varied between 150-160. I pulled out some pictures to see how i looked and man, i was hot. Lol. Hope everyone has a good week!

J

Banded 9/22

I was banded 9/27 and had my first fill on 11/8. The fill went ok, a little pain but like others have said, it didn't last long. It was a little tender that day. Thingsxwere going ok, butbthen Friday night at supper (while away on a girls scrapbooking weekend) I ate too fast and got stuck. Spent the better part of an hour in the bathroom, in quire a bit of pain and finally puked a few times (now I know why it's called sliming)...I felt horrible for almost 24 hours. I wanted to cry! I had a "what have I done" moment. Things are better today and I have learned a valuable lesson! I would rather not experience that again!

Wow, you guys are absolutely inspiring. I haven't lost anything, but I've really been exercising, and have noticed a big difference in my clothes. I guess I just want it to show when I go back to the doctor. I want a sign or something that says I've gone from couch potato to active. I've been doing 3-5 miles a day/4-5 days a week. I am feeling so much better. I know I need to lessen my calories even more, but I want to be able to eat and I've slowed down so much from what I was...as long as I'm going down and not up...I'm going to be satisfied. True, I would love to wake up and be 125, but that's not happening. It also wouldn't hurt if I would put the Skinny Cows down.

I have struggled with making good choices this past week due to lack of planning. It was a busy week filled with lots of activies and I did not plan enough so I ate foods that were not the best choice for me. Posting this to make the committment this week to myself to get back on track and make the necessary advance plans when I am not at home to eat properly.

alright ladies, hello. Hope you are all doing well,

Yes salt will cause the bloat. Some people can fight through it and doing gain that much. I eat salt and puff up like crazy then Constipation doesnt help either!

I'm still fighting the good fight. Working out hard and eating good foods. My fitness pal has saved my life! I got a fill last week and I dunno if I'm at a good tightness. I could use a bit more I guess, but I'm still eating less than 1200 calories a day.

Well i am no longer 186. Weighed in this morning and was 188. Ummmmmm wrong direction! Had chinese for lunch yesterday and mexican for dinner so hopefully some of that is salt. I want to be 180 by my next ck up which is dec 5th. I am gonna amp up the exercise this week and see what happens.

It's been a week since my first fill and i've not lost anything. Wearing same clothes as before the surgery..........kind of depressing..........trying to exercise.....not feeling much restriction. I just can't get on the scale because i think i've actually gained more weight based on the way my clothing fit. Sorry.......not feeling too positive.

Hi I got that same pain when I first had the lapband. I am two years out and on occassion still get a twinge now and then. I don't worry about it as the port is close to the surface. My dotors also like to press on it, which gets it to feeling sore.

Good luck!

Hi Guys,

I got my lap band on Sept 15 - I felt great up to now ... however last night I started feeling muscular type pains in my stomach (at the top center incision area) everytime I move - this may have been caused from me moving too quickly. I am wondering if anyone has felt similar type pains.

It's been a week since my first fill and i've not lost anything. Wearing same clothes as before the surgery..........kind of depressing..........trying to exercise.....not feeling much restriction. I just can't get on the scale because i think i've actually gained more weight based on the way my clothing fit. Sorry.......not feeling too positive.

Samsies!

I've been eating the same post fill as i did pre fill!

Trying to cut back, but i get so hungry it physically hurts.

Alos, with the diabetes, if i don't eat enough of the right foods, i slip into hypoglycemia. Not Fun.

Have had some semi-stuck feelings, but i just drink some Water and that helps.

UH!

I need to exercise more,

but i don't have a gym membership,

my bicycle broke,

and i don't live in the nicest neighborhood so going for an early morning run, or an evening walk is a no-no.

I'm so frustrated! I generally go to the beach to walk/run/jog with my dog, but gas is so expensive and i still haven't found a job so i have to save what little gas i do have for school.

I hope December is a better month for me,

Though i am still not giving up on November!

I've wanted to have this surgery since i heard about it when i was 16, now at 24 I've gone through with it, so i really need to push and stay motivated!

I'm slowly heading back up the scale, but i have been noticing that my clothes are feeling big, and my bra's don't hold anything anymore (Sorry for the TMI guys), so perhaps i'm gaining muscle?

Hope so, though, I'd rather lose weight.