Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my 1st Post-Op Appointment today!

Well, I had my 1st post-op appointment today! :thumbup:

They said I was doing great and that I have lost 11lbs. from my pre-op weight-in.:scales: BUT from the start (before the liquid diet pre-op) I have lost 29lbs.

NO FILL TODAY!! :woot: They said that I am loosing just fine, so no need for a fill. They want me back in 4 weeks, so the 18th of October I am supposed to go back in for a fill, but if I am still loosing, they told me to go ahead and push out the appointment till I am not loosing weight. They want me to loose a pound or two a week... more is okay, but that is the normal amount.

I let the Nurse and the Doctor know ALL the stuff I have been doing (what I have ate and such), and they said that it was okay. As long as I am not putting myself in pain and I am still loosing, then I am doing fine.

Doc, approved me to move on up to pureed and soft foods (as tolerated) at this time. I let him know about the Family Reunion this weekend and he told me to stay with the soft foods, but to avoid bread, and Pasta the most.

They asked me if I was having any nausea at all and I told that that I had not had any, and then my lovely hubster piped in and told the Doctor that he banded the cast-iron part of my stomach.. they had a good laugh over that.. lol

I updated my tracker to show the right stuff.. I am feeling SO GOOD! :success1:

:bananapowerslide:DOING A HAPPY DANCE :bananapowerslide:

Way to go!! 29 pounds is fantastic! Doesn't it feel great to be off to such a good start? Best of luck to you for continued success. biggrin.gif

OH I FEEL AMAZING!! :Dancing_biggrin:

THANKS!!!!! :thumbsup:

I think it is such a great feeling when you go to the Surgeon and they tell you how well you are doing. Last time I went, I had to convince the nurse that I didnt have a fill and the PA told me that i am having the same results as a Gastric Bypass patient. That made me feel really good because I was working really hard. I have lateral pain in my knee which has slowed down my weight loss because I can not exercise until I go to the orthopedist next week and this is really depressing me, especially beings I go back to the surgeon 2 days after the ortho. I look forward to hearing his good words and probably won't be hearing them this time! Keep up the good work!

congrats. Keep up the good work.

I'm going in for my first post-op today. It's been officially two weeks since I had the surgery. I am now starting on regular foods as of today, but to be honest am a little afrid to eat regular considering everytime I try to eat anything substantial I get horrible neck and shoulder pain. UGH, but I'm trying to be careful and only eating 1/2 a cup of food every 4-5 hours is the only way to NOT get the neck and back pain for me. It was great to hear the wonderful news for you. I am hoping my doctors releases me to go to the gym, even if it's to just walk on the treadmill so I can start doing some exercise a bit. That would be wonderful news for me. :)

I dunno why I am not having any issues with foods.. the only bad thing that has happened to me was when I tried Pasta.. I ended up in pain from that.. but everything else I have had no problems..

Don't get me wrong.. I am glad that I am not having problems, but at the same time, I am questioning the fact that I do not have an issues.. lol I know.. I am a dork.. lol but I am worried that I will pack on pounds if I am not having issues and I can eat. I dunno.. guess I should just turn it over to God.. I know it is hard for me to allow God to take the reins at times.

That is awesome. Keep at it.

I had my surgery 4 months ago and I still don't have any fills. You have the lap band in you for life and if you are losing weight, then keep going without the fills. To me it is best to start off changing your habits and lifestyle first and lose that way then just by restriction.

I think it is better for long term weight loss and being able to maintain it. :)

Good luck on your journey :)

I go for my first pre-op appt. tomorrow and I am going to beg for a fill! I am two weeks post op and the whole diet progression thing....liquid, pureed, soft food, regular food......was out the window earlier this week. I can only eat small amounts but I can eat whatever I want and I am not having any issues or restrictions. I sort of feel the same way as you Shelley.....why am I not having any issues? I thought if I didn't follow the diet progression my band would slip and I would vomit and all this horrible stuff....not that I want any of that to happen, I'm just saying.

I'm making good choices in the food I am eating....baked fish, salad, veggies, etc......but, I want to feel some restriction! I have lost 16 pounds total which started to come off when I was on the two week pre-op diet so I am losing but......ya'll know what I'm saying! I have exercised almost everyday, even the day I came home from the hospital...been taking hour long walks...walking to and from the gym and walking on the treadmill. I honestly feel like I never had surgery!

For the first time in my life I don't want to be able to eat. I NEED RESTRICTION IN MY LIFE!!!

I go for my first pre-op appt. tomorrow and I am going to beg for a fill! I am two weeks post op and the whole diet progression thing....liquid, pureed, soft food, regular food......was out the window earlier this week. I can only eat small amounts but I can eat whatever I want and I am not having any issues or restrictions. I sort of feel the same way as you Shelley.....why am I not having any issues? I thought if I didn't follow the diet progression my band would slip and I would vomit and all this horrible stuff....not that I want any of that to happen, I'm just saying.

I'm making good choices in the food I am eating....baked fish, salad, veggies, etc......but, I want to feel some restriction! I have lost 16 pounds total which started to come off when I was on the two week pre-op diet so I am losing but......ya'll know what I'm saying! I have exercised almost everyday, even the day I came home from the hospital...been taking hour long walks...walking to and from the gym and walking on the treadmill. I honestly feel like I never had surgery!

For the first time in my life I don't want to be able to eat. I NEED RESTRICTION IN MY LIFE!!!

ME TOO!!! I had a 2cc fill on my 2nd post op visit, and still no restriction. I don't want to be sick or throw up either, just wonder what the restriction feels like. I stop eating because I know I don't want to over eat. The doctor said the band would tell me when I am full, but so far it hasn't.

I was soooo close to getting my first fill today. She was going to give me 6 cc's! I WAS PUMPED! But, when she went to feel for the port she felt all this Fluid around the port and had to drain it...there was even Fluid right on top of my port. So...gotta wait until 10/11...two weeks from now!! BOO HOO!! She said it's normal though, nothing I could have done to prevent it.

The good news.....I can eat solid foods. She told me to focus on Protein of course but being able to eat solid foods and I am only two weeks post op ROCKS!!!!

I am on soft foods still.. I am not really looking forward to total solids right now. I am still eating only cooked veggies. I have not tried salads or anything.

I have started using my Wii Fit and I am hoping that it will get be back to loosing again, as I have stopped loosing.. :(

I hope I get a fill next month.

Right now I am having problems with cravings.. I want (fresh)fruit SO BAD and the fruit is out of season.. *sigh*

I think I am going to go get more vanilla yogurt... so I can add in some frozen fruit.. hope that helps me!!

Wow, ya'll are truly amazing. I was banded on Monday and my first preop appointment next week. I am so inspired by you all, but discouraged with myself. I had to do the 2 week protien shake diet and then haven't had more than 400 calories a day since Saturday and haven't lost any weight. Please keep posting your progress because it is something I truly look forward to reading.

Keep your chin up sally125!! You will do great!! :)