Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost 12lbs, can't tell!

How frustrating is this! I've lost 12 lbs and no one can tell, especially me!! (Except when I look at the scale) No one but my fiancee and his mom know that I have the lap band, I was too afraid to tell people in case I was one of 'those' that it didnt work for :unsure:

I was so excited thinking I would be able to fit into some of my smaller clothes, but not a single one!! Very depressing and irritaing.

I'm not a HUGE exerciser. I walk a mile to get my daughter to school everyday, pushing 2 babies in a stroller. But so far thats all I have been able to fit into my schedule. I know if I hopped on that towel rack of mine (the eliptical) I have in my bedroom, I would see a signifiacant difference, but yes, I can admit, I'm a lazy gal. :blink:

Anyone else not seeing a difference in wearing a different size clothing despite weightloss?

Oh my goodness!! I was thinking the same exact thing. I have lost 18 pounds and can't notice a thing, yes the scale has gone down (slowly), but I still feel I am at the same weigh I started with. For example I got up this morning to go to the hair salon, and decided I was going to wear this particular pair of denim capris. Ok these capri has always fit me tight, so I figure I would be able to a least feel a tiny different...........................well put them on and NOPE........... same fit. I almost cried.

Now I am by no means an expert/experienced but I think walking a mile 5 days a week is a good thing/exercise. I know my schedule is hecked as well.

What is the deal man!?!?!? If we are losing weight but still not fitting into smaller clothes...then where is the weight being lost from? Haha!

I have this HUGE container just waiting in my garage for me. It has all my size 8 clothes in there and I swear, when I am able to slide those jeans on, I'm having a big ol' party!:D But until then, I am SO SICK of looking at that muffin top over my size 16 jeans!!:angry:

LOL..........I'm laughing to keep from crying! But that what I was sporting today, the ever so famous muffin top. Dang I knew those capris was going to feel different, but I was surprised. I look in the mirror and said this is ridiculous and ok so where did the weight go.

You have to understand that the first 20 or so pounds you wont see that big of a difference might not till 30 lbs

30lbs?!??!?:blink: Ack! Thats crazy! Wonder why that is....it cant be Water weight can it?

Yes it can. I didnt really notice myself till about 40lbs I guess it depends on how much you have to lose dont worry it will come and you will be happy :D

I'm hoping so. I'm so terrified that I will be the girl who spent $13,000 to get skinny and it didnt work!! Only 2 people know I had the surgery for that specific fear. I have a size 14 band with 1 fill of 3cc. I know that everyone is different, but I'm just wondering if you know anyone who has that same size and how much have they been filled to so that they reach the green zone. Also, my fill was on 9/8 and i know I will need another fill, how long should I wait? I saw one person post saying it could take a few weeks for your fill 'to work'. How is that?

I was banded in April, and so far have lost 51 lbs! I am just starting to fit into smaller clothes.I only wonder how tight these clothes were! Not too many people have noticed either. 50 pounds! But, I know,and I feel great! I haven't told many people, but if someone asks me how I did it, I will tell them. I am not ashamed. Its a long journey,be patient! The weight will come off, and your body will change!

I'm hoping so. I'm so terrified that I will be the girl who spent $13,000 to get skinny and it didnt work!! Only 2 people know I had the surgery for that specific fear. I have a size 14 band with 1 fill of 3cc. I know that everyone is different, but I'm just wondering if you know anyone who has that same size and how much have they been filled to so that they reach the green zone. Also, my fill was on 9/8 and i know I will need another fill, how long should I wait? I saw one person post saying it could take a few weeks for your fill 'to work'. How is that?

I was banded June 20th and have lost 52 pounds. I am just now noticing a difference in my clothes, well my pants. I def lost a lot of my chest which helped with smaller shirts, but the pants are definately just now starting to get a little big. I do not know about getting the fills because I do not have any yet. Give it time...you will definitely get to enjoy your smaller clothes.

18 pounds unfortunatly was not that bit of a difference. I could tell alittle bit, but you would think that would be huge. I look back at the pics that I did and I really cant tell a difference. But I remember feeling great joy that I was actually at 18 pounds and still moving forward.

it will come dont worry. Its the inches that will make the difference, nit the scale. Im currently on a scale plateau, but I noticed that I am losing inches, which is when the clothes fit better ;)

keep walking!!!

I am still preop and have lost 11 pounds and dont really notice a difference with my clothes. Be patient. It will come.

J

I have a 10cc band with only 3 cc's in it and that is fine for me. I am 19 months post op. I never had one fill til a year post op and lost 70lbs without one fill. I have only had two fills this year but my weight loss has stalled because I quit smoking yay for my lungs not for my weight but now the scale is moving again. The green zone is so different for so many people because some do fine on a little amount and some need to be tight (dont know why I want to enjoy my food not be punished) I think that some are in too big of a hurry to get filled up which if you get to many fills too soon it does not leave you any room to get more fills. The slower the better and I think you should wait it out. I dont understand the whole thing about a fill take a couple weeks to make a difference because when your filled the little pillows in the band are immediately filled and are pressing on your nerve so I dont know what thats all about. I guess because they feel tighter some days and not others I dont know. I always felt my fills immediately.

Sorry you're feelign disappointed - 12lb is a great loss, but honestly, its not a lot of weight when you have 100 or more to lose. Especially at the start of your journey, you lose a lot of Water weight too, so its probably not much of a change in your body composition at all. Also, when you've very overweight, you have to lose a LOT of weight to actually get smaller - I started off at a BMI of 35 and I had to lose about 20lb of the 90 or so I had to lose to go down a complete clothes size! I carry weight pretty evenly with a slight pear shape, other people who have a big tummy might even find that that tummy stops them going down sizes for much longer. I never had a very big face or double chins though and I saw changes very quickly there, but the thighs too much longer!

You really need to appreciate the weight loss for what it is, a start, a good achievement and just keep getting on with it. Sooner or later, you'll get to the point where 10lb makes a huge difference and an entire clothes size, the less fat you have, the more a small loss shows. But you've got to go through this bit now to get to it.

A mile a day's great, but its nothing like the sort of exercise you need to do to keep fat coming off your body. Like it or not, you really do need to suck it up and just do it. A mile a day is the kind fo thing you should be doing just as part of your everday life, and not even count it as "exercise".

I lost about 30 lbs before having to go get new clothes. Some of the pants were pretty baggy by then, but I was waiting for a season change, too. Since then, my butt, hips, and thighs have dwindled, but the waist is practically the same. So my pants are very loose in the legs but still ok in the waist. I was wondering recently where the weight is coming off at (I couldn't tell in the mirror), but I put my hands on my hips when I was walking on the treadmill, and said "Oh!" I felt bones under a much thinner layer of padding than I was used to.

Making a short story long...you will start noticing your weight loss in different places. Maybe your face and neck first, then your collarbone area (you will discover you have them!), and then your clothes will start getting looser. It will happen!