Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUST A FEW DAYS POST OP

HEY ALL,

JUST A LIL NEED TO VENT FOR A SEC! IM 5 DAYS POST OP, AND DOING ALL THAT I CAN TO DEAL WITH THE HORRIFIC UNEASE IM FEELING! BESIDES THE GAS (THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ADIVCE IVE READ) IM STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF I DID THE RIGHT THING! I KNOW FROM READING A FEW POSTS ON HERE THAT THE FIRST FEW WEEKS ARE CRAPPY, BUT MY GOD, AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET THROUGH IT ALL? I DON T HAVE MY FOLLOW UP TILL THE 21ST IF SEPT SO FROM MY SURGERY DATE TILL THEN, I FEEL LIKE A LOST CAUSE! I DONT KNOW IF IM GETTING ENOUGH Water, ENOUGH Protein Shake, ENOUGH broth, CAUSE I HAVE A CONSTANT PRESSURE/FEELING IN MY STOMACH! I FEEL LIKE IM NOT EVEN SURE WHAT THE RUMBLING IN MY STOMACH IS. IS IT HUNGER OR JUST THE DAMN GAS? AM I SUPPOSED TO BE TAKING Vitamins? AM I SUPPOSED TO FEEL THIS FULL FROM SIPPING ON 16 OZ BOTTLE OF WATER ALL DAY? I DONT WANT TO BE A NAGGING PANIC, BUT I FEEL LIKE THATS IS EXACTLY WHATS COMING ON!

IM DEALING WITH THE food COMMERCIALS AND THOUGHTS OF DELICIOUS FOOD BUT I JUST HOPE AND PRAY THAT THEY WAY IM FEELING IS GONNA GET BETTER! I CANT HELP BUT WONDER, IS THIS HEALTHY FOR ME? IM NOT PUTING MUCH INTO MY SYSTEM?

I GUESS, ILL JUST CONTINUE TO KEEP POSITIVE THOUGHTS GOING AND HOPE FOR GOOD RESULTS? IM JUST FILLED WITH A CONFUSED FEELING AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT! ALL OF YOU HAVE BEEN A GREAT HELP AND MY APPOLIGIES IF IM NAGGING ABOUT PETTY THINGS IM JUST SCARED AND CONCERNED!

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

I'm 2 days post op and I'm with you determined!! I'm here! I feel the same. I don't know if I can return to work like this on Wednesday. Drinking scares me. I have a 16 month old and my hubby is threatening to call the hospital. I'm walking, pacing, punching, everything to move the gas. Not working. I have a high tolerance for pain. This is crazy!!

This is misery. I just want to sleep and never wake up!!

Hang in there! It'll get better. The rumbling is most likely the gas. I had that, 5 days out its pretty much gone ...I think mostly because I'm moving as much as I can. I know everyone says that but it works.

For the Water and diet, seems like everyone hears something different. I was told min of 64oz of Water per day (Protein shakes, popsicles, Jello count too) and min 60 g of Protein per day. So for my Protein Shakes that's 2.5 scoops. I sip constantly water or shake all day to stay hydrated.

I totally get the sight n smells of yummy but bad food. I just remember it took me almost a year to get here and I'm not going back now!

I'm trying to walk but I'm so weak and drinking burns or feels like I swallowed a balloon. I'm glad I'm not hungry. food seems like something painful. I'm just so frustrated!!!

I'm trying to walk but I'm so weak and drinking burns or feels like I swallowed a balloon. I'm glad I'm not hungry. food seems like something painful. I'm just so frustrated!!!

OMG, THANK YOU!!! FINALLY, SOMEONE THAT IS EXACTLY WHERE IM AT!!! TEXASBANDIT!!!! I HAVE TO ADMIT, LASTNIGHT, I GOT HOME FROM MY FIRST DAY BACK TO WORK (4 DAYS TO RECOVER I MIGHT ADD) AND I WAS IN MAJOR PAIN! TRIED THE HEATING PAD, TOOK THE MEDS, THEN DECIDED, SCREW IT, IM GOING FOR A WALK!!! I FOUND STRETCHING OUT (LEANING AGAINST SOMETHING LIKE YOU WERE STRETCHING YOURE CALVES AND BACK) WORKED WONDERS. AFTER STRETCHING AND AS I BEGAN TO WALK, I CAN LITERALLY FEEL AND HEAR THE GAS MOVE!!! MY AMAZING BOYFRIEND EVEN GOT UP AND WALKED WITH ME CAUSE HE WAS WORRIED ID PASS OUT! LOL HE TOO WANTED TO TAKE ME TO THE ER LASTNIGHT! LOL HES MORE CONCERNED CAUSE I HAVENT EATEN SINCE IVE HAD THE SURGERY! IM CONCERNED ABOUT IT TOO. LASTNIGHT WAS THE FIRST TIME, THE FEELING IN MY TUMMY WAS HUNGRY AND NOT GAS PAIN! I ATE A sugar free pudding AND IT WAS DELISH! IM STILL BARING WITH SOME GAS, BUT HAVE TO ADMIT, IM FEELING A LIL BETTER! TRY THE STRETCHING AND LIL BIT OF WALKING, (EVEN IF ITS JUST UP AND DOWN YOUR BLOCK). NOW IM JUST TRYING TO STAY HYDRATED AND PUT SOME Protein IN MY SYSTEM!! ARE WE SUPPOSED TO TAKE Vitamins?

IM 3 DAYS OUT AND I CAN TOTALLY RELATE TO THE PRESSURE,BUT MOST OF MY PRESSURE IS IN MY CHEST AND BACK. i HAVE TERRIBLE BACK AND SHOULDER PAIN. IS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING THIS.

HEY ALL,

JUST A LIL NEED TO VENT FOR A SEC! IM 5 DAYS POST OP, AND DOING ALL THAT I CAN TO DEAL WITH THE HORRIFIC UNEASE IM FEELING! BESIDES THE GAS (THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ADIVCE IVE READ) IM STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF I DID THE RIGHT THING! I KNOW FROM READING A FEW POSTS ON HERE THAT THE FIRST FEW WEEKS ARE CRAPPY, BUT MY GOD, AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET THROUGH IT ALL? I DON T HAVE MY FOLLOW UP TILL THE 21ST IF SEPT SO FROM MY SURGERY DATE TILL THEN, I FEEL LIKE A LOST CAUSE! I DONT KNOW IF IM GETTING ENOUGH Water, ENOUGH Protein Shake, ENOUGH broth, CAUSE I HAVE A CONSTANT PRESSURE/FEELING IN MY STOMACH! I FEEL LIKE IM NOT EVEN SURE WHAT THE RUMBLING IN MY STOMACH IS. IS IT HUNGER OR JUST THE DAMN GAS? AM I SUPPOSED TO BE TAKING Vitamins? AM I SUPPOSED TO FEEL THIS FULL FROM SIPPING ON 16 OZ BOTTLE OF WATER ALL DAY? I DONT WANT TO BE A NAGGING PANIC, BUT I FEEL LIKE THATS IS EXACTLY WHATS COMING ON!

IM DEALING WITH THE food COMMERCIALS AND THOUGHTS OF DELICIOUS FOOD BUT I JUST HOPE AND PRAY THAT THEY WAY IM FEELING IS GONNA GET BETTER! I CANT HELP BUT WONDER, IS THIS HEALTHY FOR ME? IM NOT PUTING MUCH INTO MY SYSTEM?

I GUESS, ILL JUST CONTINUE TO KEEP POSITIVE THOUGHTS GOING AND HOPE FOR GOOD RESULTS? IM JUST FILLED WITH A CONFUSED FEELING AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT! ALL OF YOU HAVE BEEN A GREAT HELP AND MY APPOLIGIES IF IM NAGGING ABOUT PETTY THINGS IM JUST SCARED AND CONCERNED!

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

Today I plan to get out and walk. I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday. I'm tired of being in the house. It's actually nice outside today and under 100. My gas pain is in my sides and upper back too. I've been rocking back and forth like a mad woman. The rocking helps the gas. I've been doing chewable vitamins since day one. I drank Water today and it doesn't hurt as much. I've lost 4lbs since the day of surgery. Since preop diet which was about 6 days and post op, I'm down 20 lbs. So about 20lbs in 10 days.

Sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time but hope it's getting easier for you.

I had a few issues with gas and constipation/runs but almost all gone. Drinking my shakes and prefer taste of broth - losing weight steadily.

Are there any local support groups who might be able to help you?

HEY ALL,

JUST A LIL NEED TO VENT FOR A SEC! IM 5 DAYS POST OP, AND DOING ALL THAT I CAN TO DEAL WITH THE HORRIFIC UNEASE IM FEELING! BESIDES THE GAS (THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ADIVCE IVE READ) IM STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF I DID THE RIGHT THING! I KNOW FROM READING A FEW POSTS ON HERE THAT THE FIRST FEW WEEKS ARE CRAPPY, BUT MY GOD, AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET THROUGH IT ALL? I DON T HAVE MY FOLLOW UP TILL THE 21ST IF SEPT SO FROM MY SURGERY DATE TILL THEN, I FEEL LIKE A LOST CAUSE! I DONT KNOW IF IM GETTING ENOUGH Water, ENOUGH Protein shake, ENOUGH broth, CAUSE I HAVE A CONSTANT PRESSURE/FEELING IN MY STOMACH! I FEEL LIKE IM NOT EVEN SURE WHAT THE RUMBLING IN MY STOMACH IS. IS IT HUNGER OR JUST THE DAMN GAS? AM I SUPPOSED TO BE TAKING Vitamins? AM I SUPPOSED TO FEEL THIS FULL FROM SIPPING ON 16 OZ BOTTLE OF Water ALL DAY? I DONT WANT TO BE A NAGGING PANIC, BUT I FEEL LIKE THATS IS EXACTLY WHATS COMING ON!

IM DEALING WITH THE food COMMERCIALS AND THOUGHTS OF DELICIOUS food BUT I JUST HOPE AND PRAY THAT THEY WAY IM FEELING IS GONNA GET BETTER! I CANT HELP BUT WONDER, IS THIS HEALTHY FOR ME? IM NOT PUTING MUCH INTO MY SYSTEM?

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

I'm 4 days post op and have experienced the same rumbling in my belly. I have been suffering from terrible gas. I keep hoping that the rumbling is NOT hunger! The gas is starting to work it's way out, but now I have the runs. You know what that means.....grrrrr! (I know - TMI) Should we be feeling any hunger with the band?

Hey ladies, I had surgery on Friday. I have had the worst gas pressure ever. It is in my shoulders and back. The only thing that helps so far is laying down with heating pad on it. When I do get up to walk my nerves in shoulder is KILLING me and I cry. Can you guys give me any advice for getting rid of the gas?! My stomach is also rumbling. I feel like I am going to throw up if I don't get some liquid in it but when I do get liquid in it feels like I am going to puke still?! If I could just get rid of the gas pain I can deal with the incision pain!

Thank you for letting me vent!

IM 3 DAYS OUT AND I CAN TOTALLY RELATE TO THE PRESSURE,BUT MOST OF MY PRESSURE IS IN MY CHEST AND BACK. i HAVE TERRIBLE BACK AND SHOULDER PAIN. IS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING THIS.

I am post op day 6....Use Gax X to help with the rumbling. Walk, walk, walk.....you will be drinking the entire day and you should have chew able Multivitamin and 3 chew able Calcium pills per day....You have to space them apart. I have one before Breakfast, one before lunch, one before dinner, and finally one before bedtime. I am drinking the required amount of fluids along with 3 Protein Shakes a day. For my full liquids i am allowed two a day. I ma drinking one V8 vegetable juice and eating one Greek yogurt per day. Dannon has a really great greek yogurt in a blue container. Greek yogurt has more Protein than regular. i was constipated until i took one dose of milk of magnesia. Im feeling great...

Gas x. The tongue dissolvers are better than the chewables. Some people don't have gas pains as bad as others. My gas is moving around but I feel and look bloated . I guess walking helps but how can u walk when you are in so much pain. I'm taking Miralax for the Constipation. I have to go back to work Wednesday and I did walk a lot today but it seemed to help maybe a little but when I was walking I would get hit with sharp pains. At this point I guess I'll just wait it out. Nothing is helping enough.

Good Day All:

I was banded on Friday, 9/2. So far I can honestly say that I am feeling pretty well having not eaten any solid food in 5 days. I have experienced some rumbling in my stomach too. Couldn't tell if it was gas or hunger pains. I haven't really felt hungry since the surgery. I agree with "MiaMia", I'm doing the 64 oz of Fluid a day, mixing in some sugar-free Jello, popicles, Vitamins and Calcium pills (crushed). I haven't experienced any discomfort in the form of wanting to throw-up, etc. I've been lucky thus far. I'm feeling a little depressed because I want to eat everything I see, plus being home for the holiday has made it harder for me, seeing my family eating and talking about food all the time. But I'm a trooper...I've lost 7 lbs already. Just my two cents worth. Hope this helps someone. If you are experiencing pain....try walking, walking, walking. Along with the meds. Also, I can eat about 5 oz then I feel pretty full.:mellow:

weight.png

Just FYI: when your hunger comes back, it'll feel just like you're used to it feeling. So if you're hearing stomach rumbles and you're wondering if you're hungry, you're not ;) You'll know hunger when you feel it!

I hear my tummy rumbling and I feel it!!