Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sudden tightness

Hi all, I've had a bit of a bad week. First part of the week I seemed to have lost all restriction and control. I was eating everything in sight. Then 3 days ago, I am suddenly very tight. I can drink fine but I'm not hungry and when I eat real food not slider food I have to stop constantly. I did start out with a big stuck episode and I also didn't drink much the last 3 days. I can even chug Water today, no problem. I have also been sleep deprived so that might contribute too. Also I might add I've been eating eggs most of the time. I had chicken today and it went down a bit better. I haven't really been throwing up either other than the first big stuck episode I had. Any input would be welcome.

:)Sometimes it can take a while for the band to tighten-that's normal. Be careful eating too many mushy type foods. I can eat ice cream and it feels good, but it's not good for me (they call this eating around the band). I went on a cruise and couldn't eat mostthing, but thos umbrella drinks sure went down without a problem.

The key is to plan your meals ahead on time. Mornings are usually tough for bandsters so enjoy a nice cup or tea to help smooth the band. Have oatmeal, yogurt or really moist foods. At lunch maybe a cup of Soup and you can add some meat (chicken) or make a tuna salad on crackers. Get a Protein Shake in if you aren't getting the right amount of Protein in. Take your Vitamins at this stage too. For dinner try not to reheat food as it tends to be dry-stay away from Pasta and carbs. Fish works well for me or seafood items. The trick is to eat very small amounts and tune into what works for you. Try to get your sleep in-it's really important to your overall heath.

Best wishes! :)

Thanks I do normally have good restriction, not too much, not too little. I normally skip mushies but right now Protein Drinks and yogurt are the only thing that goes down except liquids. I've lost 77 lbs in 5months and this is the first time I've been worried. I am going to do a liquid/mushie day today and I'm taking prilosec to see if that helps.

My band fluctuates all the time. Can't put a rhyme or reason to it, it just does.

There are days it is tight, where I like it, then there are days it is not.

It is always tighter in the morning when I get up, and looser by he end of the day.

If I don't eat solid foods for a day or two, just shakes (smoothies), Soups etc., it will tighten up also.

I'm about to go on a 3 day liquid diet of just Protein Shakes, right after Labor Day. See what happens after that. My guess is it will tighten up.